wine

tne458011

can anyone suggest a white wine off the princess wine list.

dont like dry wine looking for more of a sweet wine would that go good with fish and red meats. also we get a free bottle of wine with the cruise. what kind wine should i expect?

thanks my family and i are newbies to wine any help would be great.

Generally, Rieslings are sweet. But I do not see any on the list.

Chablis are also sweeter -- and I see only one.

AC Domaine Laroche Chablis $30.00

can anyone suggest a white wine off the princess wine list.

dont like dry wine looking for more of a sweet wine would that go good with fish and red meats.

On Princess, one can request an alternate selection to the "free" one offered but one would have to pay the difference. The value of the free wine is around $22.

Always feel comfortable in asking the advice of the asst. waiter who usually also acts as the wine waiter. But get to the table early because the waiter and asst. waiter are under a lot of pressure given the number of diners they handle.

also we get a free bottle of wine with the cruise. what kind wine should i expect?

thanks my family and i are newbies to wine any help would be great.

Clearwater Bill

If your looking for an intro into wines, try going in the middle with a Zinfandel. They usually have Woodbridge Zinfandel on every list I've seen. Or if they do have the Reislings, look for a Late Harvest as they are a little sweeter and smoother. The Woodbridge is my wifes favorite as well as the Santa Margherita- Pinot Grigio. I even had t-shirts made for my wife and her friend. one says Pinot, the other says Grigio, they wore them around the marina for a laugh. Phil

The Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc is perfect with fish (or on its own). One of my favorites.

ohmigosh, mine, too. Capt. Andrew Froude and his wife bought me a glass on a cruise this summer and I was hooked. They said it was their favorite, too. Great with food or just sipping. I think it was around $20.-25. onboard, maybe a bit more. I found it at my local Von's market for $8. I was going to buy a case in New Zealand when I was there in Oct. It was $11. a bottle. Go figure.

I just posted an updated Princess wine list here.

Since Princess has come up with a new policy of limiting the amount we might be able to bring, I decided to research the wines on the list. As others have pointed out, some of them are relative bargains compared to what restaurants charge for them.

ohmigosh, mine, too. Capt. Andrew Froude and his wife bought me a glass on a cruise this summer and I was hooked. They said it was their favorite, too. Great with food or just sipping. I think it was around $20.-25. onboard, maybe a bit more. I found it at my local Von's market for $8. I was going to buy a case in New Zealand when I was there in Oct. It was $11. a bottle. Go figure.

If you like Nobilo try Kim Crawford Savignon Blanc if you haven't already. Wine Spectator 90 pts.

Does anyone know if the Crown carries Stone Cellars, beringer, Cabernet Sauvignon on board. If not, I am going to bring a couple of bottles.

If you like Nobilo try Kim Crawford Savignon Blanc if you haven't already. Wine Spectator 90 pts.

What's this about Riesling being sweet?

You can have a trocken Riesling - even with a Spatlese or Auslese. Admittedly those are rare, but I have both the latter in my cellar.

Chablis is very dry.

And the idea of sweet white wine with red meat? You're kidding, presumably?

Matthew

Chablis is very dry.

And the idea of sweet white wine with red meat? You're kidding, presumably?

Matthew

Agree, Chablis is dry. It's Chardonnay from Chablis. Chablis in a box is another story. German and Cali riesling are mostly dry.

Archived