Where to swim in Labadee

We're going to be in Labadee for the second time and would like to know the best swimming beach to go to. The first time we wandered around and didn't know where to go. We ended up on the far side underneath the Dragon's Breath zip line. The water was too rough and there was a lot of rocks. Before we left we stumbled upon the Arawak Aqua Park and saw a nice swimming area there, but it was hard to walk to. Is there any other nice swimming beaches that are easy to get to?

Thank you

We go in the little cove area where you can get a clear view of the ship. I am not sure of the name of this area, but when you get off the tender, go left, and the cove is on the left side.

Water was calm, and great view of the ship.

The best area is the beach facing the ship. Most people go to the opposite side of Labadee when they disembark the ship. This is the side with sharp rocks on the bottom. We only learned the best side after talking to the wonderful children's counselors who we saw gathered around each other near the rocky side. They were great with our children and giving us good advice also. Not sure how to tell you to get there directly as we walked around awhile to get there.

We were there twice. Both times we stayed near the water park and water sports area. If you have trouble walking there, you can take the little tram/train that goes around Labadee. They will pick up at the pier you get off the tender at, just ask about it. It is a good location!

We always go to Hideaway beach...........yes there are some rocks but there are parts that do not have rocks. I think there is where you get the best view of the ship and the water is really calm.............. it's just a really nice peaceful spot.

Here is a view from Liberty:

298511690209_0_ALB.jpg

Here is a view of Liberty from Hideaway beach:

959641690209_0_ALB.jpg

We always go to Hideaway beach...........yes there are some rocks but there are parts that do not have rocks. I think there is where you get the best view of the ship and the water is really calm.............. it's just a really nice peaceful spot.

I agree. Also, the majority of people don't wander that far, so it's very uncrowded. The BBQ is right there, along with restrooms and a small bar.

I agree. Also, the majority of people don't wander that far, so it's very uncrowded. The BBQ is right there, along with restrooms and a small bar.

Yep. In the picture you can actually see the roof of the BBQ Place. Easy access to everything and really close to Dragon's Breath.

Hideaway beach it is, about a 10-min walk at most when you get off the ship, but worth every step, due to its beautiful vista

normally, I would not tell you this, but having visited this year we will probably not go on that itinerary again for a while, if ever, so I'm letting te secret out of the bag!

the water's clear but there are not many fish here, so snorkelling is probably best done elsewhere (although we did it and it was fun) - however, do not make the mistake we made and hire more than one beach/water mat because at $10 a throw they are not worth it unless you use them all day (which you won't because you will have a lounger to sit on, and the weather is usually too hot to stay in the water for too long). we paid $30 for three, what an absolute waste!

the labadoozle cocktail wasn't as good as I had hoped, but the BBQ was lovely

enjoy your stay:)

It's really fun to watch the ziplines at Dragon's Breath....but the beach is very rocky. Some of the rocks are very sharp. In addition I was stung by a sea urchin. It hurt like --- well you know what. I had to have the first aid gentleman dig it out - hopefully with a sterile needle. It was stinging so badly at that point I would have let him dig it out with a rusty nail.:eek:

Watch the ziplines from the sand and swim somewhere else.

I'd like to comment about TPKeller's map. When you go to his map, you'll see red & black teardrop shaped points of interest. When you click on them, they zoom in. Keep clicking and the area magnifies even more. GREAT MAP!!

Thanks for the comment! Actually, you can treat it like most other Google maps, in that you can simply double click a spot (but not on a marker) that you want to zoom and center on. If you single click on one of the teardrop shaped markers, an info window will pop up, which sometimes has more information, as well as a quick-zoom link.

I've also just recently added the ability to toggle the markers and labels off completely so your view of the map itself is unimpeded.

Theron

We're going to be in Labadee for the second time and would like to know the best swimming beach to go to. The first time we wandered around and didn't know where to go. We ended up on the far side underneath the Dragon's Breath zip line. The water was too rough and there was a lot of rocks. Before we left we stumbled upon the Arawak Aqua Park and saw a nice swimming area there, but it was hard to walk to. Is there any other nice swimming beaches that are easy to get to?

Thank you

Go to any of the beaches that face the ship.

Can someone tell me where the slide that is NOT part of the Aqua park is located? There is a water slide you can do all day, vs. the Aqua park that you pay for one hour of time.

Thanks!

Check out number 31 ...

Labmap-s.jpg

Can someone tell me where the slide that is NOT part of the Aqua park is located? There is a water slide you can do all day, vs. the Aqua park that you pay for one hour of time.

Thanks!

I just saw that when I was adding in a new marker for the Aqua Park. If you open my map of Labadee, and click on the Aqua Park marker, then zoom in two levels (click the ">1" twice), you can easily see the water slide just off the beach to the right.

Theron

Check out number 31 ...

Labmap-s.jpg

Thanks! Wow - do I feel dumb, but what's funny is the pdf link above didn't have #31 on it :confused:

Thanks too Theron - we must have posted at the same time as I just saw your post. I love your map! :) It helps a lot - I thought the slide "emptied" into the water, but it clearly doesn't. Just add another duh to my dumb total!

Archived