Really nice hotel in Miami that has view of ships

jacksmom09

We've stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami twice. We will actually be there again next week. There is a picture on our cruise web site that shows the view from our window last year. As always check TripAdvisor.com for the latest info. Check out http://www.vacruisers.com/photos.html and click on the View from the 7th link.

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn POM, and will have to say it is NOT a "really nice hotel". I won't say I'll never stay there again, but it will be a last resort after the dirty sheets, no working ice machines, cr@ppy elevators that work sometimes, and a staff that can be downright rude. There are other places to stay that are MUCH nicer, and can be had for LESS money (i.e., Intercontinental for around 100 to 120 a night).

There are other places to stay that are MUCH nicer, and can be had for LESS money (i.e., Intercontinental for around 100 to 120 a night).

I have the HI booked for 3/1 for $200 and I just checked the Intercontinental for that same night and the lowest rate is $409!!:eek:

I have the HI booked for 3/1 for $200 and I just checked the Intercontinental for that same night and the lowest rate is $409!!:eek:

Because you're not looking in the right place! ;) Go to easyclicktravel dot com, search for a hotel in Miami on your required date. There will be a hotel come up that says it is a "best value" or "easyclick exclusive" or something like that. It will be somewhere between 100 and 250 a night depending on the time of year you are looking at. This will be the Intercontinental Miami.

I went and looked at the 3/1/2008 date, and the Intercontinental is available for $242.00/night for 1 room with 2 adults.

Try this link: http://www.easyclicktravel.com/PageHotelDetail.aspx?hotelId=917&provider=localTgsProvider&SearchResults=1

Because you're not looking in the right place! ;) Go to easyclicktravel dot com, search for a hotel in Miami on your required date. There will be a hotel come up that says it is a "best value" or "easyclick exclusive" or something like that. It will be somewhere between 100 and 250 a night depending on the time of year you are looking at. This will be the Intercontinental Miami.

I went and looked at the 3/1/2008 date, and the Intercontinental is available for $242.00/night for 1 room with 2 adults.

Try this link: http://www.easyclicktravel.com/PageHotelDetail.aspx?hotelId=917&provider=localTgsProvider&SearchResults=1

Thanks, found it!!:) It looks like you pay in full up front but you can cancel without penalty up until one day prior, is that correct? I just want to be sure it's not a Priceline or Hotwire type transaction.

Thanks, found it!!:) It looks like you pay in full up front but you can cancel without penalty up until one day prior, is that correct? I just want to be sure it's not a Priceline or Hotwire type transaction.

Correct! You may cancel. I have used them. I have friends that used them. No problems noted.

Correct! You may cancel. I have used them. I have friends that used them. No problems noted.

That's what I thought, thank you!!;)

Are you familiar with any of the Port Everglades hotels on easyclick? I'm looking for a hotel in FLL for our pre-cruise stay next month. I already have one booked close to the airport but I would love to get a good price one of the hotels that are close to the cruiseship pier.

We stayed at the MarriottMiamiBiscanyneBay,1633 North Bayshore Drive.

We had a great room with a view of the cruise ships. It was nice to have room delivery our breakfast and watch the Valor cruise into the port. Knowing that in a few hours we would be on the ship.

Dave

IMG_0330.jpg.bf5db53c144f60ca070e61a97b0f06e9.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg.2335446b72dbd787a7d89364f5e8f84f.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg.4bab8582a87abb64dde1378ec52d2efd.jpg

I was all set to book the IC on easyclicktravel.com for $242 two nights ago. I found it under "best value" just like the other poster mentioned. However, before you book, read the fine print. Just as I was ready to hit "submit" for my reservation, I read in fine print that all "best value" hotels are non-refundable. If you book a regular hotel that shows it's name up front, those are cancellable up to 24 hours before arrival. I had to do that one time with the Lenox Hotel in Boston and got my refund no problem. But it was right there in black and white that "best value hotels" with hidden hotel names are not refundable. I decided to hold off for the time being until I'm sure about my decision, because I don't want to lose $242. I've already got the Holiday Inn Port of Miami booked with a government rate for $127/night and that's for a suite. While I love the IC and have stayed there twice in the past year, with taxes it came to over $270/night and we need two rooms. Since we don't arrive until around 6 p.m., I just can't justify spending $150 more per room per night.

One correction to my previous post. It's not "best value" hotels that are non-refundable. It's the "off the record" hotels that are non-refundable. And the Intercontinental Hotel is the "off the record" hotel. Here's what on the website that you must approve that you've read and agree to the terms (copy and pasted):

“Off The Record” deals are nonrefundable

One correction to my previous post. It's not "best value" hotels that are non-refundable. It's the "off the record" hotels that are non-refundable. And the Intercontinental Hotel is the "off the record" hotel. Here's what on the website that you must approve that you've read and agree to the terms (copy and pasted):

“Off The Record” deals are nonrefundable

Well, I don't know what to say. I know my reservation allowed a cancellation until 3 days prior. It was "off the record" and was the Intercontinental. Perhaps this is a new policy?

The information that comes up under "more info" link at the site reads as follows:

Our ‘Off the Record’ hotels are distinguished brand name hotel and resorts. Due to the hotel chain’s pricing policy, we can not reveal their name until after purchase. Book now and save... it will be our little secret.

This hotel is conveniently close to Miami Beach. This hotel is also close to Bayside Marketplace, known for its fashionable shops and restaurants. Specifically designed with the business traveler in mind, the stylish rooms and suites offer spectacular views of Miami. A selection of restaurants provides guests with the choice of formal or casual dining, while the fitness center includes an outdoor pool. During a stay at this property, guests will enjoy a cocktail lounge, dry cleaning pickup, shoe shine, room service, newsstand, and a gift shop. The Port of Miami is very close to the hotel and the world famous South Beach is only within a 6 mile drive. Miami International Airport is only 10 miles away. For the business traveler, this hotel boasts a business center, courier service, E-mail and Internet, copy and fax service, printer, and a private limousine.

This is the description used at easyclick for the Intercontinental.

Archived