All Genesis rumors here!!

tony7518

Try this link. There is a guy from Aker Yards that was answering some questions until it came down to crunch time for the IOS.

http://www.*****/travelpage/ubb-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=009963

Ad_1396_13.jpg

I was looking around, reading at this site, and the guy from Aker Yards was answering questions. He was saying that the royal promenade will be on deck 5, but on deck 8, there will be central park, and I'm not sure if I heard this right, but a boardwalk on deck 6 aft, but its not on the drawing. Somebody make that, and he said that looks similar. The pools will be on the side, and Central Park will have natural light.

I can't wait.

I see this class ship already has fans lined up. For me I am wondering when they will they list the itins--want to make sure we are not in port with this ship--it'll kill any enjoyment having even one or two big ships in the same small ports.. that is already the case with Freedom etc...esp when one or more is there on the same day..--maybe it will just circle the oceans???

If you have watched the 3 part video on the planning and building of the Voyager, you will see how much creativity went into the creation of this class of ship. I think RCCL's philosphy was decide what features to include and then build the ship to accomodate them. I think we will be surprised when Genesis deubuts. I remember my TA coming back from the preview cruise and saying that it was a totally different experience than any other cruising.

What I think the central park is going to be is a park area with park benches and tress and maybe a water fountain! An area for people just to relax! With cabins located a deck higher than the park. The balconies would be looking down to all the trees and stuff kind like what is at the Embassy hotels.

Anyone else think those cup looking things on sticks may be the whirl pools. It would clear room off the pool deck to have them hover and give a cool view. Just enter from the top deck that wraps around.

With that central park, it sounds like the design is similar to a recent NCL ship design. The newest NCL ship (can't remember the name) features villa rooms that had an exclusive courtyard that they surrounded and only villa passengers could enter the courtyard. It was basically rooms in a box with a hole in the middle (i think two floors deep) for a courtyard. There used to be a lot of pictures on the NCL site when the ship was about to launch but i can't find them.

I don't really know what I would want to see on Genesis, but I know what I don't want to see.....people keep talking about a bowling alley. This seems lame to me, and does not covey the motto "Get out there" to me. More dining options is a good idea, but they don't need to get carried away with it. I would expect to see more "outdoor activity" type of things added with the extra deck space available. How about a zip line from bow to stern?;) Whatever we get for a ship, i'm sure we'll all be amazed with it, and if we're not.....RCCL needs some new design engineers.:cool:

Who said she is sailing from the USA. I heard she is going to alternate with the INDEPENDENCE sailing from Southampton. Only having a joke, but I am sure a lot of people were surprised when we got her over here. Still I am sure you will see her ( Genesis) in Fort lauderdale in the winter, as the Independence is doing the 2008/2009 winter from there. Wherever she sails from I am sure she will be a great ship. I am thinking about landing my private jet on her ( again only joking).

Are you thinking the ship will be here in the fall of 09 or 10? A bunch of us are going to try to do a reunion cruise.

What if instead of one big dinning room they had several smaller specialized ones. Each one could be themed such as Italy, Mexico, Mediterranean, and of course an elegant one. Then each night instead of the menu at a restaurant changing you and your wait staff move to a different restaurant where the menu matches the theme. That would keep it elegant and keep the special bond that guests have with there wait staff while removing the issues of an enormous dinning room taking up space. 2,500 people in one room is a very large and busy dinning room. If you've ever been on a Disney Cruise it is quite possible to do and if the various rooms are designed properly the elegant feel can remain and possibly even be better in the case of a fancy italian restaurant (a portofino night for everyone).

What if instead of one big dinning room they had several smaller specialized ones. Each one could be themed such as Italy, Mexico, Mediterranean, and of course an elegant one. Then each night instead of the menu at a restaurant changing you and your wait staff move to a different restaurant where the menu matches the theme. That would keep it elegant and keep the special bond that guests have with there wait staff while removing the issues of an enormous dinning room taking up space. 2,500 people in one room is a very large and busy dinning room. If you've ever been on a Disney Cruise it is quite possible to do and if the various rooms are designed properly the elegant feel can remain and possibly even be better in the case of a fancy italian restaurant (a portofino night for everyone).

Oh I love that idea. We loved the rotational dining. I did think bits of it were a little too childish but we did love the concept.

Well, as a lover of the Voyager line of ship, I couldn't imagine anything that would interest me any more. I dislike ships larger than the Voyager line so Freedom just wasn't "my thing". The MAIN reason that I love Mariner and her sister ships so much is the Royal Promenade. Freedom to me had only a bit bigger Promenade and nothing more interesting. When the Genesis line started being talked about it totally turned me off UNTIL I heard there would be a Central Park with Promenade type cabins with balconies. THAT would make me reconsider cruising on this ship.

Can't wait to see what it actually has.

All I can think of that would be truly wild and new would be a small circus on the top deck with a ferris wheel, roller coaster and carousel. The roller coaster will have a part that goes out over the side of the ship for extra thrills.

Maybe the putt-putt course could be more imaginative and challenging, more like the ones at Myrtle Beach, SC with water falls, windmills and multiple layers. Genesis could also have a skateboarding course with various half pipes and what not back near the Flow Rider.

The gym could have a dedicated yoga and meditation room. There could also be karate and kung fu classes to complement the boxing ring to further enhance the martial arts experience.

A new contest could be "Dancing with the Pros" in which passengers enter the competition, train daily with the show dancers and have a "dance off" the last night of the cruise to be judged by the audience.

One of the restaurants could be a "Wild West" theme with one of those bronco things to ride, a country band, waitresses and waiters in cowboy attire and dude ranch style food.

Ad_1396_13.jpg

I was looking around, reading at this site, and the guy from Aker Yards was answering questions. He was saying that the royal promenade will be on deck 5, but on deck 8, there will be central park, and I'm not sure if I heard this right, but a boardwalk on deck 6 aft, but its not on the drawing. Somebody make that, and he said that looks similar. The pools will be on the side, and Central Park will have natural light.

I can't wait.

He also said that the cabins facing central park will have balconies!

Genesis is an intriguing thing...if she sails the Caribbean we are looking at doing the first 2 cruises East and West if it works out...all the new innovations are exciting...

While the bowling alley may seem a bit odd, its better than a boxing ring...

The central park thing seems interesting

They would have to provide a lot of public space on the ship if they are going to have so many people on board.

Itching to get info next year

found the link: http://nclsuitesandvillas.com/

It shows the courtyards on the recent NCL ships. Genesis seem like it will have a similar, though larger version. Except with Royal Caribbean they won't (or at least better not) make it private only.

The courtyard suites on NCL ships are HUGE, and the occupants of those suites are the only ones who can access the courtyard. It seems as though on RCI, it will be like a central promenade and anyone can access it.

He also said that the cabins facing central park will have balconies!

Yes, I forgot that. I think that is a good idea, except I would rather have a balcony with an ocean view, unless the price of the balconies here is way less.

I wonder if Genesis will do only Western Caribbean itinerary for the first year or so, like the Freedom did. I hope she does Eastern too, when she comes out, because I like Eastern better. But don't forget, I wonder how many ports she can visit, because of her size, she will be slower. That's why I think she will be out of Miami, because it is the port that is the most south, closer to the Caribbean.

Yes, I forgot that. I think that is a good idea, except I would rather have a balcony with an ocean view, unless the price of the balconies here is way less.

I think that's the idea. The promenade cabins wouldn't have balconies so the Central Park cabins would/should be a substitute for those who normally book promenade cabins on Voyager/Freedom class. I'm guessing there will be a similar price difference between the Central Park Balcony cabins vs. Ocean View Balcony cabins or maybe a stepped price difference between Promenade W/O Balcony vs. Central Park Balcony vs. Ocean View Balcony.

I'm still waiting to read an idea that is practical and isn't derivative of things already available on other ships or other lines. So far, Central park doesn't strike me as something that will cause jaws to drop and almost everything else already exists. Hopefully, RCI marine architects and interior designers are reading these posts and chuckling at the limited imaginations that we have shown so far.:)

Archived