wonderful reasonable restaurants

Jancruz

We spent three days pre-cruise at the Peace and Plenty B&B in Devonport prior to our 10/21/2007 cruise. There are a lot of nice, interesting and reasonable places to eat on the main street leading away from the Devonport wharf. Good fish-n-chips place for lunch straight across from the library. They give you a mountain of chips (fries) with your order!

Jan,

Shed 5 restaurant along the waterfront in Wellington. Be sure to have a drink or glass of wine outside along the water before being seated and try the Five Flax Nautilus Sauvingnon Blanc if you like white wine. Note: I drink red, but loved it. I look forward to being back there in Feb.

Also, again along the harbor, but this time in Auckland, try Cin Cin on Quay - expensive but worth it. Just about any place if your take the ferry to Devenport will give the local ambience. And do report back to us. Enjoy!

Auckland.

Just around the corner from where you berth is The Viaduct Area which is all Restaurants/Cafes/Bars.Good ones along there are

Mecca, Soul, and Kermadec and The Loaded Hog. There are also a lot of good ones on Princes Wharf on the other side from where you dock.

If you want to venture a little further out, Parnell and Ponsonby are full of eateries.

Kiwi Kruiser,

My DH thanks you for the brewery info...now if we can just find time after doing the tour with Arthur!

Thanks everyone, I just love CC for this reason everyone is so helpful!!

Sheila, do you have a tour guide in Melbourne??

Jan

No tour guide, Jan. Since we've not been there before we're planning to do the free tram/bus, walk around using the free walking tour maps AND maybe do one of the formal walking tours. Also want to go to the market and the top of the tall building :) don't have my materials with me now and can't remember the name - I'm sure someone will fill in the blanks.

I'd thought about doing a tour to the wineries but we're doing the Hunter Valley wineries out of Sydney and don't want to use the day to do the Coastal drive although I'd love to do that as well. Guess we'll just have to come back some day!

Jan,

Shed 5 restaurant along the waterfront in Wellington. Be sure to have a drink or glass of wine outside along the water before being seated and try the Five Flax Nautilus Sauvingnon Blanc if you like white wine. Note: I drink red, but loved it. I look forward to being back there in Feb.

Shed 5 is expense and there are many great restaurant at good prices in Wellington. I have attached a link to a web site with menus for Wellington, Auckland and Christchurch. If you are look for a cheap restaurant on the waterfront Mac Brewery is always nice and it is just next to Te Papa.

http://www.menulog.co.nz/shed_5_restaurant_bar

Shed 5 is expense and there are many great restaurant at good prices in Wellington.

Even though our dollar is high at the moment........

All our restaurants are good prices for overseas folk

especially if they are converting pounds or euros.

When you are in Melbourne and if you are at Southgate then you can have great meals at Mecca, Walter's Wine Bar, Bistro Vite, Egusto, Scusami, or the Red Emporer for great Chinese food.

Down at Albert Park our favourite Bistro is Ricardo's. In Toorak and Hawkesburn our favourites are Bistro Thierry and Chez Bob's. In the city there is Taxi, Italy 1, Kenzan if you would like Japanese plus many others. Then there is Circa in St. Kilda and Sails on the Bay in Elwood.

I can go on and on as we have so many restaurants and bistros to choose from and they are all good.

Jennie

Depending on how much time you have in Christchurch I'd recomend Pedro's - the leg of lamb (yes that's a whole leg) is something to behold, as well as fabulously delicious!!

In Sydney, wow, where do you start - Tetsuyas, Rockpool, Level 42, Aria, Doyles at Watsons Bay, Catalina.... Betty's Soup Kitchen for something at the other extreme, Harry's Cafe de Wheels in the same vein

so many restaurants, so little time

Archived