Host Cecilia is moving on....

Host CMLA

Before any of you cheer ;) , I'm not going far!

I've had the pleasure of hosting the NCL board for over 4 years and I've really enjoyed being a part of this board and learning so much from so many of you. It's been the best education for cruising.

I've accepted a full time position with Cruise Critic as the Community Assistant. I work directly with the Community Manager. I can be reached at boards@cruisecritic.com. You can contact me for anything. If you forget your password, need help editing a post, can't get your countdown clock to work...anything at all. I have the username Admin. And my Host Cecilia username will change to something that I can use when I post to the board as someone that wants to talk about cruising.

Lucky for all of you, you're inheriting Host Mama and Host Star. Both wonderful hosts that have NCL experience. You couldn't be in better hands. I hope to still see all of you around the boards. :)

• Administrators

I know you'll all miss Cecilia, and that you wish her well! She won't be far away....

As she mentioned, you'll be in great hands with Host Star and Host Mama. They've both been with us since the old "AOL days". Some of you may remember them from our Cruise Cafe!

Laura

I really shouldn't ask but I will. Is this a paid position? If it is, I need a job on these boards to pay for my next cruise. Nothing with long hours and I'll need lots of time off to cruise. Am I hired? Think about it and get back to me. :D

Yours truly,

Above Sea Level Cruiser

P.S. Congratulations on your well deserved promotion!:)

Hi everyone.

Its a pleasure to be joining you here on the NCL boards.

One of the great things about cruising is meeting new people, and making new friends, and I am sure that will be true here.

As Laura said, Host Star and I go way back with Cruise Critic to the old days of Cruise Cafe hosting, and we both are enjoying our experiences here with the message boards.

Ann

Aka Host Mama

hi everyone!

and congrats to cecilia on her promotion!!.. and I hope we get to see more pics of the future cruiser:).. if Cecilia's typing starts to look like ^#*##$%^# we'll all know who HER assistant is!

Host Mama and I also share the Cruise Fashion board so hope to see some of you folks over there !

taking cruises and talking cruise talk is obviously my favorite pasttime as I've been with CC a looong time.. started as a chat room host , went to the basement with the cobwebs when AOL shut us down but after much banging on the walls Laura opened the hatch, let us out and voila!.. a message board moderator I am!

one of my fav. cruises was aboard the NCL Crown to Bermuda, even tho we smashed into the song of america as we left the dock..but hey, that made the cruise memorable, along with the fresh donuts !

Let's keep this board, informative and fun and please feel free to email me if you have any questions..

Hi Everyone !

Congratulations to Host Cecilia on her new position at Cruise Critic !

Also, welcome to Host Mama, and Host Star in their new position on the NCL board. I agree with Laura, that you are in great hands.

Ahhhh..... anyone else remember the Cruise Cafe on AOL ? We sure had some great times there :)

I've had the pleasure of hosting the NCL board for over 4 years and I've really enjoyed being a part of this board and learning so much from so many of you. It's been the best education for cruising.

I've accepted a full time position with Cruise Critic as the Community Assistant. I work directly with the Community Manager. I can be reached at boards@cruisecritic.com. You can contact me for anything. If you forget your password, need help editing a post, can't get your countdown clock to work...anything at all. I have the username Admin. And my Host Cecilia username will change to something that I can use when I post to the board as someone that wants to talk about cruising.

Lucky for all of you, you're inheriting Host Mama and Host Star. Both wonderful hosts that have NCL experience. You couldn't be in better hands. I hope to still see all of you around the boards. :)

Congradulations on your new job, Sounds like you are excited about it, which is great as not all of us can enjoy our work as you obviously do. I want to say thank you for all the insightful comments I read from you in the past. So many times you have clarified issues when they became too confusing. I do hope you will continue to keep sharing your valuable insights.

I just became a grandfather for the first time three weeks ago and already it is an amazing experience. As my wife runs a day care, I am constantly amused and moved by the experiences the kids provide every day. No day is the same, each day is a brand new palette upon which the kids paint their lives. The constant growth and change is very refreshing. So keep us updated on your little one. Cherish the experiences now as they grow so quickly.:)

I really shouldn't ask but I will. Is this a paid position? If it is, I need a job on these boards to pay for my next cruise. Nothing with long hours and I'll need lots of time off to cruise. Am I hired? Think about it and get back to me. :D

Yours truly,

Above Sea Level Cruiser

P.S. Congratulations on your well deserved promotion!:)

Thank you! And thank you to the rest of you.

To answer you, unfortunately being a host is not a paid position. :( All of the CC hosts are volunteers.

Good luck. Now we can bother you with real problems :) all the best to you and your family....

Sid

Yes, now I can help with real problems. ;)

It's so nice for some of you to mention my son. For a while I was switching out my avatar weekly. Here's a picture from last week. He's two now!

CCPhoto.jpg.691ac6a6be99e78a25d9facddebe48f6.jpg

Thank you! And thank you to the rest of you.

To answer you, unfortunately being a host is not a paid position. :( All of the CC hosts are volunteers.

Yes, now I can help with real problems. ;)

It's so nice for some of you to mention my son. For a while I was switching out my avatar weekly. Here's a picture from last week. He's two now!

Congrats! I can't believe your "sweetie" is two :eek: ! Seems like we were all just trying to "guess" the date of his birth! He's a cutie :) .

Cecilia, good luck and thank you.

A personal thank you for your hard work and dedication to this board! And for volunteering all those hours!! (kind of like a mom, the best jobs are the unpaid ones!!lol!)

Again, thank you (and all the volunteers!) on this board!!

And Congrats on the promotion:):)

Archived