Genesis ships to be based in FLL

jleq

I was pretty much right on with the Genesis (though the Creation is a surprise). I was waiting for the announcement on the Genesis to see how reliable my source was before I say anything else.

Thoughts are that possibly the Navigator will be moved to Port Canaveral with the positioning of the Genesis. If the Navigator is moved another ship will be repositioned to replace her (Vision Class?).

Indepedence, Navigator .. we will be happy with either (or Freedom or Liberty) at Port C. Remember RCCL has to make room for Celebrity Solstice ships.

I'm happy about the Port Everglades decision for Genesis...but I am also concerned about them handling crowds...they are building a new spot and have been working on the area for quite some time...I sure hope they do it right...I know I sailed on Caribbean Princess out of Lauderdale, that is a large ship...as large as the Navigator and there were no problems the both times I sailed, perhaps this is an RCI problem...all I hope is that it will be fixed.

I'm happy about the Port Everglades decision for Genesis...but I am also concerned about them handling crowds...they are building a new spot and have been working on the area for quite some time...I sure hope they do it right...I know I sailed on Caribbean Princess out of Lauderdale, that is a large ship...as large as the Navigator and there were no problems the both times I sailed, perhaps this is an RCI problem...all I hope is that it will be fixed.

Terminal #2 out of FLL was totally renovated and enlarged before Princess brought in the larger ships. This is not the case with the Navigator. Also the Caribbean Princess comes in around 116, 000 tons and the Navigator is 138,000.

$11 for the cruise is going to influence your decision? LOL!!!
it is not just the $11 but the fuel charge as well, I knew that was coming and was ok with it. I fiqure that genesis will be more expensive then Freedom just a guess. Between the fuel charge and the $11 that $81 and Whatever the going rate will be for Genesis which is what I refering to.

Terminal #2 out of FLL was totally renovated and enlarged before Princess brought in the larger ships. This is not the case with the Navigator. Also the Caribbean Princess comes in around 116, 000 tons and the Navigator is 138,000.
Terminal 2 is a nice, efficient terminal -- hope that the renovations on the terminal that RCCL uses will be as successful. The increase in parking spaces will help too.

wow...i don't have any intention of cruising on the genesis sized ships....way too big! and I hate the FLL airport (we stood in line there forever)....so, it looks like we will be sailing from Miami! But I wish Royal Caribbean well with this new venture!

Beverly

I agree..... we will not be cruising Genesis.

Almost 8,000 people including crew is not our idea of a VACATION.:eek: I think the Voyager class and size is perfect, although we loved Freedom of the Seas, but that's as big as we will go. To much hassell all the way around. (imo)

cruisingator2

We just recently sailed upon the Jewel and was told by Inga (Crown & Anchor Ambassador) that a Freedom Class ship will be replacing the Mariner.

She actually stateed the Freedom vs. Liberty or the Independence.

It's not official but this is the leak that has come out of the main office and she was told that it will however, until it's official she stated not to quote her.

cruisingator2

We just recently sailed upon the Jewel and was told by Inga (Crown & Anchor Ambassador) that a Freedom Class ship will be replacing the Mariner.

It's not official but this is the leak that has come out of the main office and she was told that it will however, until it's official she stated not to quote her.

From yours and Inga's mouth to RCI (Adam Goldstein and/or Richard Fain's ears). I really HOPE this rumor is true.

Glad to see Genesis in FLL. Hopefully, Port Canaveral will get a Voyager class ship assigned to it. Actually would like to also see a Celebrity M class ship also.

A Voyager and M Class would be nice. I suspect that PC will get a freedom (small possibility) or another Voyager (Navigator) comes to mind and a Vision to replace the Monarch (Sovereign Class will all soon be Pullmantur)not later than 2012 it is going to interesting to see what PC ends up with but with 2 Genesis Class going to FLL PC is going to get something big.......:D

From yours and Inga's mouth to RCI (Adam Goldstein and/or Richard Fain's ears). I really HOPE this rumor is true.

That would be nice to see this confirmed.......This sounds a little like the start of the Mariner move all over again. it was rumored for months and finally announced just as the rumors stated. if this pattern continues a freedom will soon be in PC. give or take 2 years and Genesis class ship.....:D

cruisingator2

I am friends with many of thehe staff on that ship and told me the same thing. They were just waiting to hear which one before they put their transfers in. I told them to email me when they know for sure.

Off the Jewel 2 weeks ago today...........you can keep that port........worse embarkation and disembarkation ever........not saying much for the LA of the JW either:mad: (but that is another story).....she sure wasnt helpful at disembarkation...no where in sight.......

Pt Canaveral is the best,IMHO.........used to not like Miami but after Pt Everglades,its worth the xtra 45 min drive...

Its funny the first official announcement, all this anticipation, a surcharge to get on and off the ship of approx $11. Let the excitement begin.

Now theres not a surcharge RCI does not like.

If you don't get off the ship you only have to pay the on surcharge - not the off surcharge.

it is not just the $11 but the fuel charge as well, I knew that was coming and was ok with it. I fiqure that genesis will be more expensive then Freedom just a guess. Between the fuel charge and the $11 that $81 and Whatever the going rate will be for Genesis which is what I refering to.

You're going to pay the $70 for a 7 day no matter what ship you're on. So we are talking about $11.

One thing that having Genesis Class ships at Fort Lauderdale seems to indicate is that they will be doing the usual Eastern/Western Caribbean cruises. If that is so, will the Freedom Class ships continue those same itineraries too or will there be some changes for them? Seems as if the Freedom Class itineraries would have to change because just how many passengers want to do the same cruise over and over?

It will be interesting to see how Royal Caribbean is going to juggle all its ships' itineraries by 2009.

I hope Genesis gets a new itinerary and not just Freedom's old one. I already did the Eastern itinerary on Liberty and the Western on Voyager out of New York. They can't just keep bumping identical itineraries to each new ship. A lot of the people that go on the new ships, go on multiple new ships. Anyone think Genesis could head closer to Mexico instead?

Archived