HAL-Never Again

njsonja

Oh, you're much better off than I am- it's 29 degrees out Fahrenheit, misting snow, the streets are slick, and it was a very grey day today.:(
Buffalo ... hmmmm ... wasn't summer on a Wednesday this year? :D We used to live in Utica, and got the same lake-effect mashed-potato snow. And we used the same joke! Also "We don't excited about Spring until the 4th of July." :)

Buffalo ... hmmmm ... wasn't summer on a Wednesday this year? :D We used to live in Utica, and got the same lake-effect mashed-potato snow. And we used the same joke! Also "We don't excited about Spring until the 4th of July." :)

We have a full three seasons! Fall, winter, and Road Repair (Season of the Orange Cone) :(

In North Texas, it was 84 yesterday. 70 this morning. Tomorrow, 30 degrees colder! This is December? This isn't weather advertised for December! This is not what I was led to believe December was supposed to be. I want some compensation!!!! ;)

How do you start a poll? Can't find it anywhere!
Once you click on "New Thread" at the upper left of the main menu page, you will see where you enter your text. At the bottom you'll find a checkbox to click if you want to make it a poll. Proceed as if you were posting and you'll be given the option of how many poll choices to include. You may then enter them. That's pretty well it.

In North Texas, it was 84 yesterday. 70 this morning. Tomorrow, 30 degrees colder! This is December? This isn't weather advertised for December! This is not what I was led to believe December was supposed to be. I want some compensation!!!! ;)

I was using my a/c in Denton.

LOL ... it's Texas, Jim. Just wait. You're going to be dreaming about that 84 degrees by next week. They're forecasting a high for 49 with rain on Monday. :D That's the problem with winter in Texas ... one day it can be warm and sunny and, then, the very next day there can be ice warnings. You haven't seen the sleet storms, yet! And ... no... sleet men are not fun to make.

It seems to me you were looking for problems. The ones you mentioned for the most part seemed quite trivial. As many have said following your first post, everyone is different, so my advice to you is try another line. Frankly I think HAL does a great job overall. Good Luck! Peter

LOL ... it's Texas, Jim. Just wait. You're going to be dreaming about that 84 degrees by next week. They're forecasting a high for 49 with rain on Monday. :D That's the problem with winter in Texas ... one day it can be warm and sunny and, then, the very next day there can be ice warnings. You haven't seen the sleet storms, yet! And ... no... sleet men are not fun to make.

I was in Dallas for the infamous 1979-80 ice storm on New Year's Eve! I was at the Dallas Theatre Center and when we came out to get in our cars, they were covered in ice and the locks were frozen.

I'm looking forward to the weather next week, just hope it doesn't interfere with finals too much.

This thread is now way off topic, isn't it time to put an end to it? Just what are we achieving now other than going for a post record in #s?? :eek:

Just my opinion folks.:)

Ummm... not when we're staring down the barrel at 300!

Who cares what anyone's post count is? If it's 3 I'm going to be happy you're along for the ride and if it's 12,000 I'm going to wonder what is wrong with you! No offense intended- I'm sure I'll hit 12,000 at some point. What "impresses" me is the number of cruise lines people have tried.

It's actually a lifetime supply of Spam

spam.jpg

Now there's something to shoot for! Brings back fond memories of The Voyage of the Spammed. :D

We even had Spam served to us at the group cocktail party. Nicely done, too, I might add. ;)

Holland America Line Spam:

ccp1.jpg

Given to the "Voyage of the Spammed" Ccers by the Hotel Manager aboard the Zaandam in 2006!

Oh that is too funny!

Better call yourselves Voyage of the Scallops or Godiva next time...

I've always wondered why people's first reaction to preservatives is "OMG! Bad!". One of the most common, EDTA, a chelating agent that forms complexes with metal cations is, in addition to being a food additive, widely used to treat lead and mercury poisoning. Consider eating twinkies as a sort of . . . vaccination again heavy metal poisoning.

Nutritional data of Spam

A 56 gram (approximately 2 ounce) serving of original Spam provides 7 grams of protein, 2 grams of carbohydrates, 15 grams of fat (23% US Daily Value) including 6 grams of saturated fat (28% US Daily Value), and over 170 calories. A serving contains nearly a third of the recommended daily intake of sodium (salt). Spam provides very little in terms of vitamins and minerals (0% vitamin A, 1% vitamin C, 1% calcium, 3% iron). It has been listed as a food that is a poor choice for weight loss (or weight gain) and optimum health and as a food that "is high in saturated fat and sodium". [5]

Nutritional data of Spam

A 56 gram (approximately 2 ounce) serving of original Spam provides 7 grams of protein, 2 grams of carbohydrates, 15 grams of fat (23% US Daily Value) including 6 grams of saturated fat (28% US Daily Value), and over 170 calories. A serving contains nearly a third of the recommended daily intake of sodium (salt). Spam provides very little in terms of vitamins and minerals (0% vitamin A, 1% vitamin C, 1% calcium, 3% iron). It has been listed as a food that is a poor choice for weight loss (or weight gain) and optimum health and as a food that "is high in saturated fat and sodium". [5]

oh yum! Although we did eat it when we were kids and we're all still here! It's pretty popular in Hawaii.

Archived