• Walking across the gangway and into the ship
    • Seeing your cabin for the first time
    • Sailaway
    • The dining room
    • Sailing into port
    • Shore excursions
    • Entertainment
    • Other: please post it!

Excellent poll. To me, it's walking across the gangway and onto the ship. Somehow, it's not "real" until I set foot on the ship. I'm excited beforehand and rarely get a good night's sleep due to excitement. But stepping onboard is my favorite moment and the culmination of everything I've been waiting for. Let the cruise begin!

I voted other, because my favorite part was the rough seas we had in the carribean and watching the pool splash over the sides from the sky bar. I guess I am stranger than most people, cuz I really liked the bouncing and watching people (including me and our group) try to walk while the ship was bouncing everywhere, lol.

It kinda felt like buy one beer get 3 free with the motion of the ship creating a "drunkin' sailor" effect, lol

;)

I chose "other". Perhaps Greg (revneal) captured some of what I find the best: the first morning, early, before dawn, when DW and I go out on deck, or if we have splurged, onto our balcony and watch the sunrise. I smell the Ocean, lifebringer, and see the sky lighten and sip coffee and commune with my very most significant other, so significant that others pale to the backgound. We marvel at the world and its wonders, and watch the water change from gray to sapphire, and the sun break on limitless horizon, and are glad of heart. It is addictive, and I want to do it tomorrow!

Dave

• 1 month later...
I voted "other" because the best moment for me is standing at the rail on deck (or balcony) and feeling the sea breeze and looking out to the horizon and seeing nothing but water. I think that's what heaven might be like for me.

Good one! I agree

Up in the Crow's Nest, sipping our frozen drinks at sail away, watching the N.Y. skyline get smaller & smaller, while passing the Statue of Liberty & going under the Verrizzano Bridge:):):) that to us is pure bliss:)

Cruising with friends is one of my favorite moments. ;)

Only one person chose the entertainment. Is that a refection of poor quality or is it just farther down the priorites list?

Entertainment is also a 'land activity', once in the theater a person could be an land, or at sea.

john

Archived