Hiding in Your Cabin During Lifeboat Drill

nicknack

we have attended all of the drills for the cruises we have been on...its truly not that big of a hassle for us...as far as how common in it not to attend...I would imagine there is a reasonable number who dont attend...on our last cruise we had the little paper in our key card slot noting our room had been evacuated before we even left the room...so we could have stayed and it wouldnot have been an issue.

To those who purposely miss drills - a little word from me your fellow passenger - you people are the pits and should be ashamed of yourselves!!! You are the people who cause the trouble onboard when things start going wrong and in the worst case you could cause the death of someone who has to help you because YOU were too selfish to go and listen for 30 mins!!

I would suggest you ask a few of those Star passengers just how quickly the corridors filled with smoke and just how much they could really see - even after only a few minutes. This is not the bloody movies!!! Even better how about the Explorer pax - getting into those life boats is not funny nor easy!!!

Arrgh you people make me MAD. You are a danger not only to yourselves but to all your fellow passengers and crew too.

There should be a new rule implimented: You miss the drill, then if an emergency should arise, you must wait in your cabin until all those who DID attend the drill have been seated into lifeboats and deployed. You will be called to your muster station thereafter. And heaven help you if you don't know how to board the lifeboat!

Just for grins, I went in and checked what posts many(not all) of the people that have claimed to have hidden during the drill responded to. Low and behold they seem to be the ones with attitudes and have posted ways to beat the system in other areas as well.

I guess that the cruise we took out of Spain had the right idea. If you show up for the drill, you get a free drink pass.

To all those who feel the need to beat the system:

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits as in time you will ruin it for everyone else.

Just for grins, I went in and checked what posts many(not all) of the people that have claimed to have hidden during the drill responded to. Low and behold they seem to be the ones with attitudes and have posted ways to beat the system in other areas as well.

I guess that the cruise we took out of Spain had the right idea. If you show up for the drill, you get a free drink pass.

To all those who feel the need to beat the system:

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits as in time you will ruin it for everyone else.

LOVE your flea quote! :D

It is the responsibility of everyone to go the the muster and those of you who don't make me angry also.:mad:

Make that 2 thousand camels!

I can't believe how excited everyone is over this issue. The cruise lines have the whole situation under control, they broadcast the instructions to all cabins, so even those in their cabins can listen to the directions. Chill out -- one drill is like another. :)

What's the big deal-take a drink with you and enjoy making fun of yourselves and others in their life jackets!:)

On carnival those drinks will be taken from you. No food or drinks for muster drill. This is why you wont find anything opened before muster drill. Everything closes and dont open til the ship has an all clear from crew.

Cabin steward also is supposed to check all his/her cabins and leave a tag in the lock that the cabin is vacant.,

Had a little time so decided to read this thread. When I saw MadamCruisers post I decided to take a look at all her other posts. It certainly tells you a lot about her. Very Sad, ill person (mentally, that is).

Had a little time so decided to read this thread. When I saw MadamCruisers post I decided to take a look at all her other posts. It certainly tells you a lot about her. Very Sad, ill person (mentally, that is).

Too funny - I agree!!! Did you notice how she put down someone as a bad parent for asking about PS3 hookups in the rooms but then she stuffs her daughters suitcases with cartons of cigarettes??? Or how some one was asking about the midnight buffet and she when on that no one should eat that late because it is unhealthy - what about her 14 cartons of ciggs she smuggled aboard??

Or the post about the underage drinker and she that she would get alcohol for him - back to the comment she made about the PS3 peson being a bad parent??

Wow what a piece of work.:eek:

I can't believe how excited everyone is over this issue. The cruise lines have the whole situation under control, they broadcast the instructions to all cabins, so even those in their cabins can listen to the directions. Chill out -- one drill is like another. :)

I'm not hot so I don't need to chill out.;) If someone can't bother to take 15 minutes to go to a MANDATORY drill, it's unlikely they would bother to listen to directions in their cabin.

Hey Budd and Kiraryker,

I thought early on in this thread there was some common assumptions that MadamCruiseQueen was actually a non-existent troll and whether discussing "her" slots, her cigarette smuggling or how 2 people could hide out in the b'room - it was all fake?

Maybe I missed something due to blizzard/ice/snow....winter is here!

margretha

Hi Margretha,

At first, I thought so also, but I unfortunately think she's real. Can you imagine someone posting such nasty things on so many different threads? This thread originally caught my eye because I wanted to see why people would ever want to miss a muster (or if you prefer mustard) drill. I've been on over 15 cruises & never missed the drill.To me, it means that the cruise is about to start. Needless to say it certainly is important to also know where to go in case of an emergency. My next cruise is in about 8 days & I can't wait for the drill. By the way, I see you just posted & it's almost 2 AM here. What part of the Country are you from?

I have always practiced arriving "late" to the muster drill (never want to be first and squished to the back of the pack).

Last time, our cabin steward came in and "reminded" us of the muster drill. I told her we were heading there very shortly.

A few minutes later, she insisted that we leave the cabin for the muster drill.

We were still among the last to arrive, which put us at the front of the line, and the first ones out!

(now I've blown my secret!)

Enjoy, folks!

:)

Well aren't you clever! I'll watch for you next time I'm standing out there crammed in with hundreds of strangers, about to pass out from the heat. But please, don't worry about us -- the universe really does revolve around YOU.

You are correct. I just checking some of her answers to other people's questions. It is sad.

OP

If irons are not allowed in the cabins, how do you iron your clothes?

MadamCruisers

just sneak one on your checked luggege. they won't find it. I have gottan one on twice.

OP

I'm considering cruising for the first time on the Holiday in March '08 to celebrate my 30th birthday.....I'll be travelling with my sisters. I picked this cruise because we could drive from Atl to Mobile to eliminate airfare.

MadamCruiser

Don't go on that boat. i thought they already sunk it and turned it into a reef. You will not be happy with the choice.

OP

Does Royal Caribbean serve Coke or Pepsi on its ships these days?

Someone else

Coke (noooo not "Thank God"...lol) I have to listen to a husband who whines for his Mt Dew for the entire week. You would have thought he saw God himself when we got off the ship in Cozumel and found a store selling Pepsi products. :p

MadamCruiser

its so nice see a person who lets "Soda" dictate their way of life. I guess its a priority.

OP

Does anyone else get borderline seasick or nervous on those tender boats? As for me, I rarely get seasick on the actual ship, but I can't stand being on that rocking tender as everyone loads or offloads. I get nauseous and nervous. To me it's the feeling I get on the tilt o whirl after it's stopped and is just rocking- not good!

MadamCruiser

Seasick, Nervous, What the %$# is wrong with everyone? Take a Pill

Budd,
I'm in New England - MA and we had just dug out from a huge storm, made
our way home from trying to catch up before the next n'oreaster supposedly hits today/this afternoon/tonight and I thought I'd rest my mind by logging on
and thinking of our upcoming cruises. We just got 13 inches of snow over the
3 inches of snow and ice from last week. I guess winter is really here.
margretha

[SIZE=4]Margretha:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]I live on Long Island & so far we've been very lucky regarding snow. We had less than 1" & starting tonight we're getting hit with a Northeaster. However, only rain & sleet (no snow). We leave for FLL this Fri. for a 7 day cruise on HAL'S Westerdam. Our 1st time on HAL & we've heard so many good things about them. In the past we've sailed on Royal Caribbean, Princess & Celebrity (our favorite). Also, this is a 7 day cruise which we usually don't like. We much prefer at least 10 days but we booked this at the last minute so didn't have a choice. I'm now retired, but was in the advertising business until I was run over by a car while in a crosswalk exactly 3 years ago yesterday. I now need a cane to assist me walking. At least I'm alive so I take it in stride.[/SIZE]

[quote name='pris993']I can't believe how excited everyone is over this issue. The cruise lines have the whole situation under control, they broadcast the instructions to all cabins, so even those in their cabins can listen to the directions. Chill out -- one drill is like another. :)[/QUOTE]

Well actually the whole idea is to have pax at least physically walk the route once..... This is to have people familiarize themselves with signs and "landmarks" eg count the numbe of panels or doors etc. This is not the movies - where the smoke allows one to see several meters - in the REAL thing you should be lucky to see your hand right up against your face oh and yes during the real thing you will find yourself crawling from A to B. Ship has a list you won't be walking on the carpet anymore but rather on the walls.

People can be very short sighten if they have never experienced this sort of emergancy. Experience tells us that people who have no idea where and what they are supposed to do tend to panic faster and more - then becoming a huge danger not only to themselves but almost always to others around them.

[quote name='carlalena1']LOL, what a troll.[/quote]

I often see a poster referred to as a "troll". Now while I get the idea that being a troll is not a good thing, I am wondering what a troll is and how that is determined. I am thinking that it means a person is a habitual trouble maker. Is that correct?

[quote name='sapper1']I often see a poster referred to as a "troll". Now while I get the idea that being a troll is not a good thing, I am wondering what a troll is and how that is determined. I am thinking that it means a person is a habitual trouble maker. Is that correct?[/quote]

Exactly. I fall for them every time.

Archived