18 year olds?

mrcruzer

Hey there, anyone want to pass on information for a small group of 18 year olds planning on going on a cruise january 09? it's a 7 night eastern caribbean on crown princess. theyjust want to know what to expect and if it is worth their time/money. since theyre 18,. princess is one of the only options of cruise lines they are able to book.

any help is warmly appreciated, and i shall pass it on to them.

I assume they'd like to have an idea from any younger people who've done this before (or something similar).

I am hoping either the passenger contract is now incorrect or the age limits have been amended or that someone over the age of 21 is traveling with these 18 year olds?

From the Princess website:

AGE REQUIREMENTS:

The minimum Passenger age is 6 months on Alaska, Canada/New England, Caribbean, Europe, Mexico, Trans-canal and Australia/New Zealand cruises, and 12 months on all other cruises. Passengers under the age of 21 years must be accompanied by a Passenger 21 years or older who shall assume responsibility for their care during the cruise. Each Passenger hereby agrees and warrants that he/she will supervise any Passenger in his/her care at all times to ensure all policies, along with all other rules of the Carrier and ship, are strictly adhered to by all Passengers under their supervision.

Well, im definitely guessing that won't create a happy response from them!

I thought Princess and Disney were the only lines that still allowed 18 year olds to book themselves-apparently not! :(

Thank you for bringing that to me! i'll be sure to let them know!

Well, im definitely guessing that won't create a happy response from them!

I thought Princess and Disney were the only lines that still allowed 18 year olds to book themselves-apparently not! :(

Thank you for bringing that to me! i'll be sure to let them know!

Princess revised their minimum age requirement earlier this year and is correctly reflected above. It's still one of the most liberal in the industry, in that someone under 18 doesn't need someone over 25 in the cabin, as is the case with several other lines.

I'm glad they don't, who wants to cruise with a bunch of out of control drunk teenages? I sure don't.

One wonders if you were ever a "teenage." Don't judge a group based on actions of a few - I know I've seen many out of control seniors while cruising, but I wouldn't attach such actions to all seniors.

One wonders if you were ever a "teenage." Don't judge a group based on actions of a few - I know I've seen many out of control seniors while cruising, but I wouldn't attach such actions to all seniors.

For one to make this comment, they must have never gone on Spring Break. Of course I was once a teenager and they haven't changed much. Still drink too much when they are in a pack away from their parents. Where do they find all those kids in the Girls gone wild videos? Never saw a seniors gone wild video, wonder why?

For one to make this comment, they must have never gone on Spring Break. Of course I was once a teenager and they haven't changed much. Still drink too much when they are in a pack away from their parents. Where do they find all those kids in the Girls gone wild videos? Never saw a seniors gone wild video, wonder why?

I think you are making some very broad generalizations.... and its annoying.

Then don't read it.

I can see that your just an overly rude person whose comments have no factual basis and is just angry cause mommy and daddy wouldn’t let them cruise when thy were 18. Why don’t you try adding to the general good nature of these board rather than making broad ranging incorrect opinions.

I can see that your just an overly rude person whose comments have no factual basis and is just angry cause mommy and daddy wouldn’t let them cruise when thy were 18. Why don’t you try adding to the general good nature of these board rather than making broad ranging incorrect opinions.

Because I don't think they are incorrect. If you think a bunch of 18 year olds are going to cruise without overdrinking, you live in a dream world. Sorry, been there, done that, myself and my own once 18 year old children.

I'll make the comment about this being a broad generalization and I've been both on spring break cruises, been to Cancun numerous times in Senior Frogs, was once an 18 year who drank and I'm the parent of a 19 year old college sophmore, a 17 year high school senior, and a 15 year high school sophmore.

My 19 year old would not be in a pack of drunk teens going wild, not her style nor the style of the people she tends to hang around. Before you call me naive, I know what goes on and what she does. I know the kids drink at college and I am well aware that she will have a drink or two. I also know that she was at a bar near her school recently where a few girls were behaving in the "girls gone wild" style and she was so sickened by it that she had her roomates boyfriend drive her home. I know what goes on with the teens here in our town and the parties that go on. I also know that it's not all the kids and that some who may partake don't get smashed and unruly while others do.

I can honestly say that I've been in situations while on vacation where I've seen adults (anyone over the age of 21) be incredibly drunk and behave like a bunch of loudmouthed indiots more than I've seen a group of unruly teenagers. Just witnessed this while in Senior Frogs in Cancun in October and the girls weren't teenagers, far from it!

I guess I just don't like making assumptions on people as a whole based on anything, whether it's age, where you're from, race, or gender!

The drinking age on Princess is 21 and Princess does a good job of enforcing that. The only way for these teens to overindulge would be to sneak the liquor on themselves or drink while in port which they can easily do. Getting back on board drunk and being to run around wild can be another thing entirely as Princess reserves the right to deal with someone underage who is drunk while onboard their ship due to their drinking age.

Of course nothing negative would ever been done by the children of Cruise Critic. I keep forgetting all of your children are straight A students that never get into any trouble. Please forgive me for lumping your children into a mold the other people's teenagers belong in, but no one here.

Of course nothing negative would ever been done by the children of Cruise Critic. I keep forgetting all of your children are straight A students that never get into any trouble. Please forgive me for lumping your children into a mold the other people's teenagers belong in, but no one here.

Who said that here?! Hey, my kids are far from perfect and I nor anyone said anything differently. What I said is that not all teenagers are a bunch of drunken fools who when left to their own devices will become out of control drunk teenagers and that's a far cry from stating that all of our kids are straight A students who never get into any trouble. Grades also have no correlation to what kind of trouble a student gets into anyway. If it did I wouldn't have all this grey hair to color since my kids do happen to be straight A students!!!

You lumped all all the teens together and stated that teens left on their own on a cruise would overdrink and if anyone thought differently than we were living in a dream world. I took exception to you sterotyping teens and simply stated that I don't like to sterotype anyone or lump anyone into "a mold" as you say because I don't believe in doing that.

Hey, it's a public forum here and you just can't take things personally which you seem to have. Hopefully you won't take my post incorrectly as I don't mean anything personal by it.

The cruise lines set age policy for a reason. Since their money is as good as mine it must be something else.

A. To cover the corporate ass on underage consumption.

B. Negative past experience with groups of 18-21 year olds

C. Passenger Complaints

D. A,B and C

Well, it doesn't look like these kids will be on the ship unless they've already booked.

Can't see any other reason to keep this friendly thread going unless it's to argue about teens onboard cruise ships...and we wouldn't want to do that because it is likely to end with snarky remarks and hurt feelings

right? :confused:

The cruise lines set age policy for a reason. Since their money is as good as mine it must be something else.

A. To cover the corporate ass on underage consumption.

B. Negative past experience with groups of 18-21 year olds

C. Passenger Complaints

D. A,B and C

But 18 year olds can sail without parents as long as they're traveling with a 21 year old!

I'm not promoting 18 year olds traveling alone so don't get me wrong, I just don't like to comdemn all under the age of 21 as a bunch of rowdy out of control drunks that's all.

It is, a touchy subject, and im sorry for being the..start of the trouble.

However, I'll just put my two cents worth in:

Regardless of where you go, you will find the teenagers who are trying to just get smashed. However, you are also inclined to find other teenagers who do not want to do this. Yes, they do have a bad reputation, however it isn't fair to make stereotypical opinions based on seeing only part of the group.

The cruise lines have made these rules and let's be honest, they're there more or less for safety of the passengers-teenagers, seniors and all.

I really don't want this to get even more out of hand so maybe it'd be best if a moderator deleted the thread?:(

Thanks for the original info again,

MC.

Archived