Please get your facts straight before posting

dfishner

Sorry, you must have read it wrong. I wasn't disputing anything that jc said he saw himself. I was, in a way, giving him the same advice you just gave me. I didn't think he should be arguing about what the OP saw, and he did not.

So, you had things a bit mixed up, but I agree with the sentiment.

Wow, I don't think I have ever before read such a "song and dance" about a dead piece of fish. Lighten up everyone and appreciate the fact that we are able to cruise.;)

Wow, I don't think I have ever before read such a "song and dance" about a dead piece of fish. Lighten up everyone and appreciate the fact that we are able to cruise.;)

OMG have you learned nothing after all this??? It's a CRUSTACEAN!! :p ;) :D

OMG have you learned nothing after all this??? It's a CRUSTACEAN!! :p ;) :D

I knew I would get flamed ..:p :)

I know what to do - lets flame (or grill with black pudding) this crustacean of a lobster and be done with it once and for all!:cool:

Not quite cooking yet...

I've got the filets on the flame... but I'm not butterflying them, nor will they be served above medium well - that would be blasphemous...

And if any one of you is even thinking of bringing those nasty Rocky Mountain oysters... I'll drop your steak on the floor before it's served:D

Even though you have real lobster there, can I bring some nice Louisiana crawfish and spicy andouille?

Oh MG... you poor little fella' ... I've seen you take some nasty beatings these last few days...

Of course you can bring your mudbugs and andoille... will you be serving that as gumbo or jambalaya???

I personally love crawfish though I'm a bit of wimp when it comes to biting off their heads and sucking out the meat...:)

This seems to be the hot spot for lobster (or lobster-like creature)questions, so hoping someone can answer....

I have no opinion about what species the little critter on my husband's plate was (as I have NO intention of eating one myself), but why did the waiter take the shell??? He said something like, we need this for second seating. I found that odd. Are the little rascals frozen and then they reuse the shells to cook them?

He called them "spiny lobsters" from the Caribbean, but I did not take that as definitive! My husband liked it, whether it was a crab, crayfish, or some version of a lobster.

Hope someone can solve the mystery! I'm hoping they are just very, very tidy. (This was on the Liberty last week - BEST VACATION EVER!!!!!)

Gigi

He said something like, we need this for second seating. I found that odd. Are the little rascals frozen and then they reuse the shells to cook them?

Gigi

I think the waiter was playing with you regarding needing it for second seating... Yes, they come in frozen but they don't reuse the shell:)

He was probably removing it as a courtesy to get it out of the way... I personally don't want to look at the carcass during my meal...

Thanks, Amy!

All the waiters were taking everyone's shells, so it's probably just what they do - I hope. I don't eat seafood, but my husband loves them, so he was happy whatever they were.

Our waiter was wonderful and a jokester, so he probably was kidding around. The last night when we asked if we could take his picture with our daughter (he treated her like a princess, did magic tricks or made her a napkin animal every night), he said "Okay, but don't show immigration," straight deadpan. My husband and just looked at each other a second and burst out laughing - and he smiled. So, it's something he might say as a joke.

Best Vacation Ever!! (I just can't stop saying it.)

Gigi

Archived