Please get your facts straight before posting

dfishner

I just got off the Navigator of the seas and want to make a few comments about some of these posts I have seen prior to my cruise. I made sure that when I was on Navigator I went looking for some of these items posters have stated.

1) No lobster-there was lobster as part of the fisherman platter on the 4th day in the main dining room.

2) cutting live music-everywhere we went there were live music throughout the ship and throughout the week. If they cut it I am not sure where. In the cruise compass every lounge listed had live entertainment

3) Midnight Buffet- they had a very nice one on Friday I believe. We had the late setting and actually had never gone to one but decided to check the viewing of the food and the displays. Did not stay for the dining part just wanted to see it. They also had a Caribbean buffet on the pool decks one of the evening.

4) My favorite one no raisins or brown sugar for the oatmeal. Well folks it was there everyday in the windjammer. Maybe the cruise that poster took they ran out or it was not ordered or ordered and the supplier was out. That happens .

I am not one of those rah rah people that state RCL can do no wrong. I tend to call it as I see it, am not sure what people motives are when they write something that is not based on facts. Since I just got off my cruise these are the facts since I saw everything that I listed.

We had a great cruise and looking forward to the next one.

thank you for that....... i AM a rah rah person and based on the latest round of complaining it is nice to have some of the major complaints squashed.

and regarding the brown sugan oatmeal contraversey..... i am so glad to hear that the person who originally posted it was incorrect.:)

I just got off the Navigator of the seas and want to make a few comments about some of these posts I have seen prior to my cruise. I made sure that when I was on Navigator I went looking for some of these items posters have stated.

1) No lobster-there was lobster as part of the fisherman platter on the 4th day in the main dining room.

2) cutting live music-everywhere we went there were live music throughout the ship and throughout the week. If they cut it I am not sure where. In the cruise compass every lounge listed had live entertainment

3) Midnight Buffet- they had a very nice one on Friday I believe. We had the late setting and actually had never gone to one but decided to check the viewing of the food and the displays. Did not stay for the dining part just wanted to see it. They also had a Caribbean buffet on the pool decks one of the evening.

4) My favorite one no raisins or brown sugar for the oatmeal. Well folks it was there everyday in the windjammer. Maybe the cruise that poster took they ran out or it was not ordered or ordered and the supplier was out. That happens .

I am not one of those rah rah people that state RCL can do no wrong. I tend to call it as I see it, am not sure what people motives are when they write something that is not based on facts. Since I just got off my cruise these are the facts since I saw everything that I listed.

Having sailed the Empress last month, I can tell you each and every one of those things are also available on her too. That also includes the separate Chocolate buffet.

and regarding the brown sugan oatmeal contraversey..... i am so glad to hear that the person who originally posted it was incorrect.:)

That would be me. It was a casual observation that no almonds or brown sugar was out by the oatmeal while we were on the Jewel over Thanksgiving. It certainly wasn't a 'contraversay' in my eyes, just an observation.

As for the lobster. The fishermans platter included the small shelled fish that starts with an "L" I can't remember the name...longestino or something like that. It is not the lobster tail that was previously served. Perhaps they did serve the actual lobster tail on the Navigator, but it did not show up on the fishermans platter on the Jewel.

To the OP......just sticking to the facts. :rolleyes:

The problem is that not all ships/sailings have the same foodstuff.

For example when we were on the NV in Sept...there was Black pudding,Baked Beans,Cornish Pasties etc in the WJ, I am guessing the OP wouldnt have seen those on their NV sailing.(wish I hadnt seen them on mine :eek: )

So please do not assume all ships and all sailings have exactly the same foodstuff. Yes in general they will have but not always.

For example when we were on the NV in Sept...there was Black pudding,Baked Beans,Cornish Pasties etc in the WJ, I am guessing the OP wouldnt have seen those on their NV sailing.(wish I hadnt seen them on mine :eek: )

So please do not assume all ships and all sailings have exactly the same foodstuff. Yes in general they will have but not always.

Well put Liz. Here is a stupid question. What is black pudding. I saw it on the Jewel and don't know that I ever noticed it before.

Well put Liz. Here is a stupid question. What is black pudding. I saw it on the Jewel and don't know that I ever noticed it before.

Must have been a European or transatlantic cruise where they had what is also known as "blood pudding". It is one of two things that almost make me gag to think of it:eek:

Hi Lisa :D

I bet you wish you had never asked (I see your edit comment haha) but for those who dont know ...Black pudding, as made in the UK, is a blend of onions, pork fat, oatmeal, flavourings - and blood (usually from a pig). As long as animals have been slaughtered to provide food, blood sausages like black pudding have been in existence. Sources indicate that the corpulent sausage had its origins in ancient Greece, and Homer's Odyssey makes poetic reference to the roasting of a stomach stuffed with blood and fat. :eek: :eek:

Now I wonder how many of RCCL ships have that on their menu this year ;)

Liz, the comments I made on what I saw and that was it, many times posters post things that are hearsay. Your right I did not see Black pudding and those things you mentioned it sounded like an english menu, the windjammer was just the standard fare on our cruise. The menus in the main dining room on RCL are all standard across the company it just depends on how many days the cruises are and what menus are offered. Things tend to be blown out of proportion sometimes and if something is not offered on one cruise or they are out of something all of sudden it is all over the boards as a major event. Did they have the midnight buffet on every ship I have no idea but they did on our cruise. So all I can say is if you are on the NOS for a 5 day cruise you will see the items that I listed.

The lobster as part of the fisherman's platter is not lobster, at least not the traditional lobster tails that we have always gotten in the past. This is not a huge deal to me, but the things served as lobsters are not even as large as a large shrimp.

So, get your facts straight.:D :p Trust me anyone who has eaten lobsters in the past would not be confused.:p

jc

Liz, the comments I made on what I saw and that was it, many times posters post things that are hearsay. Your right I did not see Black pudding and those things you mentioned it sounded like an english menu, the windjammer was just the standard fare on our cruise. The menus in the main dining room on RCL are all standard across the company it just depends on how many days the cruises are and what menus are offered. Things tend to be blown out of proportion sometimes and if something is not offered on one cruise or they are out of something all of sudden it is all over the boards as a major event. Did they have the midnight buffet on every ship I have no idea but they did on our cruise. So all I can say is if you are on the NOS for a 5 day cruise you will see the items that I listed.

I never actually even bother to read the threads about food...to be honest I dont care a fig if they have lobster or not...dont care if they have a choc buffet (this coming from a chocoholic :D ) I dont care if someone else thinks the coffee stinks.

If folks want to get the knickers in a knot about the food...then I am happy to let them. If they want to complain/argue about it,whatever.

None of it matters to me...I always manage to find something on the ship to stop my tummy rumbling :D

As long as I am on a RCCL ship...I am happy...well most of the time ;)

The lobster as part of the fisherman's platter is not lobster, at least not the traditional lobster tails that we have always gotten in the past. This is not a huge deal to me, but the things served as lobsters are not even as large as a large shrimp.

So, get your facts straight.:D :p Trust me anyone who has eaten lobsters in the past would not be confused.:p

jc

I do have my facts straight and have eater maine lobsters and know the difference. The comment I made was that they served lobster did not specify what kind. Florida crayfish is referred to as lobster as well do I think it is lobster no but they can call it that. Your not going to get a maine lobster tail on RCL they use to but no longer. On the menu it is listed as lobster tail not maine lobster tail.

The menus in the main dining room on RCL are all standard across the company it just depends on how many days the cruises are and what menus are offered.
While the main dining room menu is the same (or at least very similar) fleetwide, I think it has been fairly well documented here on CC that no lobster was being served on European sailings this year. We did not have lobster on our Mediterranean cruise in October on Voyager. The substitution was the dreaded langostino and it was awful.

You having lobster on a December Caribbean sailing settles nothing. The question remains whether lobster will continue being served after the first of the year.

I don't really care one way or the other. But our head waiter on Voyager told us there would be no more lobster on RCCL fleetwide beginning in January. Others have reported being told the same by waiters/head waiters on recent sailings. Did you ask any of your waitstaff about it? That might have been a better indicator.

So, we will just have to wait and see. Not much longer now, thank goodness. I'm getting a bit weary reading about it. I can't believe I am even replying here. :p

If you will look at a few of my more recent post you will notice I always end with this small old-fashioned wisdom:

Believe only half of what you see and nothing of what you hear.

I feel that people should experience things on their own and make up their own minds and then, if necessary, keep their negative opinions to themselves. Some, not all people, are never satisfied no matter how a person tries to please them. One of my co-workers is so negative and unhappy that I see her two young teenagers (boys) growing up the same way she is. Never happy, never satisfied. They didn't see that the store clerk spent 30 minutes trying to help them fine the perfect outfit while losing out on commissions from other customers who would have been glad to have a sales clerk that took that much time to help them. All they saw was a sales clerk who couldn't perform the impossible by finding them the so-called perfect outfit that never exists in the first place.

jc

I do have my facts straight and have eaten maine lobsters and know the difference. The comment I made was that they served lobster did not specify what kind. Florida crayfish is referred to as lobster as well do I think it is the same as Maine lobster tail..no but they can still call it lobster. You are 100% right the lobster tails that are served are not the same as the past.

Langostino and crayfish are not lobster! yes there was plenty of live music venues on the ship. Oatmeal is disgusting but yes there were raisans and brown sugar aplenty.

Now if they would stop with the frigging anouncments, get with the program and offer anytime dining, and keep the WJ open 24 hrs they would be almost as good a line as Celebrity, Holland, and Princess!

If you will look at a few of my more recent post you will notice I always end with this small old-fashioned wisdom:

Believe only half of what you see and nothing of what you hear.

I feel that people should experience things on their own and make up their own minds and then, if necessary, keep their negative opinions to themselves. Some, not all people, are never satisfied no matter how a person tries to please them. One of my co-workers is so negative and unhappy that I see her two young teenagers (boys) growing up the same way she is. Never happy, never satisfied. They didn't see that the store clerk spent 30 minutes trying to help them fine the perfect outfit while losing out on commissions from other customers who would have been glad to have a sales clerk that took that much time to help them. All they saw was a sales clerk who couldn't perform the impossible by finding them the so-called perfect outfit that never exists in the first place.

Archived