Please get your facts straight before posting

dfishner

The lobster as part of the fisherman's platter is not lobster, at least not the traditional lobster tails that we have always gotten in the past. This is not a huge deal to me, but the things served as lobsters are not even as large as a large shrimp.

So, get your facts straight.:D :p Trust me anyone who has eaten lobsters in the past would not be confused.:p

jc

I do have my facts straight and have eaten maine lobsters and know the difference. The comment I made was that they served lobster did not specify what kind. Florida crayfish is referred to as lobster as well do I think it is the same as Maine lobster tail..no but they can still call it lobster. You are 100% right the lobster tails that are served are not the same as the past. Once they came out with the Fisherman's platter I stopped ordering it

I do have my facts straight and have eater maine lobsters and know the difference. The comment I made was that they served lobster did not specify what kind. Florida crayfish is referred to as lobster as well do I think it is lobster no but they can call it that. Your not going to get a maine lobster tail on RCL they use to but no longer. On the menu it is listed as lobster tail not maine lobster tail.

So the purpose of your post was to intentionally mislead fellow members of this forum???????:confused: :( I guess, I would get it if you had posted it as a joke, but you seem to be way too full of your facts to have the sense of humor required.

Can't think of much to say, except sad.:(

BTW, I have never had a Maine Lobster (coldwater lobster in the regular dining room on any cruise). They have always served warm water lobsters. This Norwegian Langoustinos are not the same as the lobster tails tradionally served on formal night. Again, I don't really care, but am totally befuddled as to why you made the post you made.:confused:

jc

Must have been a European or transatlantic cruise where they had what is also known as "blood pudding". It is one of two things that almost make me gag to think of it:eek:

Truffles..Don't knock it until you've tried it! LOL! I've had it many times in our Ireland travels and love it, along with "white" pudding!

Helen

I do have my facts straight and have eaten maine lobsters and know the difference. The comment I made was that they served lobster did not specify what kind. Florida crayfish is referred to as lobster as well do I think it is the same as Maine lobster tail..no but they can still call it lobster. You are 100% right the lobster tails that are served are not the same as the past.

This reminds me of the big news story many years back.................really what is the definition of "is"...........................:D

I have tried it! that's why I gag when I think of it.

Ewww...I couldn't even try it as the smell of it gagged me. DH was a bit more brave and took one bite and spit it in a napkin. All evening, he couldn't get the taste out of his mouth.

This was at a restaurant in Miami. I didn't realize RCCL served it up sometimes!

1) No lobster-there was lobster as part of the fisherman platter on the 4th day in the main dining room.

Lobster is a large sea invertebrate (sp?) that weighs at least 1 1/2 pounds, has 2 large claws and a large tail, and is caught off the coast of Maine. Anything else is faux lobster.

DON

I was on Navigator and they were out of Guinness.....the first day of the cruise. The bartender said they would pick some up on the first stop. Never happened. So I opted to dring another stout beer during the cruise.......AND I SURVIVED.

These ships are big and they can't always please everyone. Check with your TA prior to booking a cruise if you desire a certain amenitity.

Learn to adapt so you don't ruin your entire cruise....

Just my .02

Howdy,

I am allergic to all shellfish, but, even if I wasn't, whether they had or didn't have lobster wouldn't make a lot of difference to me.

However, to try to clarify what some are referring to, here is a link that may be useful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squat_lobster

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

One of my co-workers is so negative and unhappy that I see her two young teenagers (boys) growing up the same way she is. Never happy, never satisfied. They didn't see that the store clerk spent 30 minutes trying to help them fine the perfect outfit while losing out on commissions from other customers who would have been glad to have a sales clerk that took that much time to help them. All they saw was a sales clerk who couldn't perform the impossible by finding them the so-called perfect outfit that never exists in the first place.

This is so true and so sad. Pity.

Liz, the comments I made on what I saw and that was it, many times posters post things that are hearsay. Your right I did not see Black pudding and those things you mentioned it sounded like an english menu, the windjammer was just the standard fare on our cruise. The menus in the main dining room on RCL are all standard across the company it just depends on how many days the cruises are and what menus are offered. Things tend to be blown out of proportion sometimes and if something is not offered on one cruise or they are out of something all of sudden it is all over the boards as a major event. Did they have the midnight buffet on every ship I have no idea but they did on our cruise. So all I can say is if you are on the NOS for a 5 day cruise you will see the items that I listed.

We were on the Jewel of the Seas Eastern Caribbean 8 night cruise November 17-25. There was Black pudding.......for breakfast if I remember correctly. Looked gross.......now that Liz was so kind (LOL I asked for it) to let me know what it was......I can see why it looked like no one touched it!

I think the title to your thread was........Please get your facts straight before posting......... was a bit offensive because not every cruise is the same. My facts were straight......no lobster just the little crawfish like things and to me that is not lobster.

Truffles..Don't knock it until you've tried it! LOL! I've had it many times in our Ireland travels and love it, along with "white" pudding!

Helen

Can't help myself.......what is white pudding......I have to believe we are not talking vanilla here.......:D

[quote name='Shanafan']I think the title to your thread was........Please get your facts straight before posting......... [B]was a bit offensive [/B]because not every cruise is the same. My facts were straight......no lobster just the little crawfish like things and to me that is not lobster.[/QUOTE]

Agree with you Lisa! Things change from ship to ship and from week to week with RCCL :eek:

###

[quote name='PhoenixCruiser']Agree with you Lisa! Things change from ship to ship and from week to week with RCCL :eek:

###[/quote]
How very true. And here I feel responsible for this stupid "no almonds or brown sugar" for oatmeal.......when I couldn't care less....nor could my daughter who told me she was bummed they didn't have it on the Jewel when they had it on the Adventure 9 months earlier. Did it spoil her cruise.......heck no! She still ate oatmeal... as she is doing the vegetarian thing. Do I care there is no longer lobster.......heck no! It was pointing out how things were different from 9 short months ago.

Come January........who knows what we may find in the WJ or dining room. As long as I can find a cold beer or nice rum drink somewhere I am happy! :D

[quote name='Shanafan']How very true. And here I feel responsible for this stupid "no almonds or brown sugar" for oatmeal.......when I couldn't care less....nor could my daughter who told me she was bummed they didn't have it on the Jewel when they had it on the Adventure 9 months earlier. Did it spoil her cruise.......heck no! She still ate oatmeal... as she is doing the vegetarian thing. Do I care there is no longer lobster.......heck no! It was pointing out how things were different from 9 short months ago.

Come January........who knows what we may find in the WJ or dining room. [B]As long as I can find a cold beer [/B]or nice rum drink somewhere I am happy! :D[/QUOTE]

Same here :D

Those of us who have been cruising for several years have noticed a LOT of changes!

###

I was onboard with ya....I can vouch for the no lobster thing....1st time I haven't seen some form of lobster (is that politically correct?) on a "long cruise" as long as I can remember...was quite shocked....so it's obvious they have different offerings on different ships

[quote name='Shanafan']That would be me. It was a casual observation that no almonds or brown sugar was out by the oatmeal while we were on the Jewel over Thanksgiving. It certainly wasn't a 'contraversay' in my eyes, just an observation.

As for the lobster. The fishermans platter included the small shelled fish that starts with an "L" I can't remember the name...longestino or something like that. It is not the lobster tail that was previously served. Perhaps they did serve the actual lobster tail on the Navigator, but it did not show up on the fishermans platter on the Jewel.

To the OP......just sticking to the facts. :rolleyes:[/quote]

[quote name='SRQfireman']I was onboard with ya....I can vouch for the no lobster thing....1st time I haven't seen some form of lobster (is that politically correct?) on a "long cruise" as long as I can remember...was quite shocked....so it's obvious they have different offerings on different ships[/quote]
I do believe our menus were the first time those particular menus were offered. I went to both Portifinos and Chops the first day to make reservations and was told at both places that we were the first 8 night cruise to use the new menus and they were not sure what was what on each night.

Personally I was not as impressed by the food as I have been in the past. Not to say it was bad, just not as good as the past. But......considering there was plenty of cold beer it is probably just as well otherwise I could have come home 20 lbs heavier! :eek:

[quote name='PhoenixCruiser']Same here :D

Those of us who have been cruising for several years have noticed a LOT of changes!

###[/quote]

I can't imagine the changes over the years!!! I have seen so many in the 12 cruises I have done over 8 years! I remember when my aunt went on a cruise and I could swear we could have went on board before they departed to see the ship, but it was late getting in or something like that so we couldn't. (although.....I could be wrong as it was many, many years ago)

did you get in to the pay places ??? I read some reviews where people couldn't get in.....we went Weds (made reservation the 1st day).....Thanksgiving menu didn't thrill our party...went to Chops at 2:00 and was able to get a reservation for 6:00 that night.....and the place was maybe 25% full by 6:30-6:45.....couldn't beleive how many tables were open

[quote name='SRQfireman']did you get in to the pay places ??? I read some reviews where people couldn't get in.....we went Weds (made reservation the 1st day).....Thanksgiving menu didn't thrill our party...went to Chops at 2:00 and was able to get a reservation for 6:00 that night.....and the place was maybe 25% full by 6:30-6:45.....couldn't beleive how many tables were open[/quote]
I went the first day in the afternoon and was told all the 7 pm reservations were taken. We ended up getting 6 pm. The places are so small, and I think they must only take a few reservations per hour or half hour so yes, tables sit for a long time before they are filled. Won't be long and they will over book those and then it will give people one more thing to gripe about. :eek: :D

We were on the transatlantic Oct 30-mid Nov. and we had brown sugar for oatmeal but no almonds or walnuts. We did have lobster. We also had good beef and excellent prime rib two or three times. We went to Chops one night and it was also excellent. Don't know how it could change so week to week unless it is due to suppliers.

Archived