Just back from Enchantment of the Seas !!

mitaxi

Just back from my first sailing on the Enchantment...since there has been a lot of "less than Favorable" comments lately thought I would a post my very brief review from my 4 night cruise....

This was my first sailing on the Enchantment, I had Cabin JS 7666 - It was awesome, the best balcony I have had yet. We had perfect weather, ports of CocoCay and Key west, and a sea day...both were lots of fun. COcoCay was just a beach relax day. Saw a stingray - very cool. Key West was a shopping, bar hopping day - so much fun. Sea day was fun. great pool side band...didn't feel overly crowded and plenty of chairs...it is a great pool deck layout with the additional side deck bar...

The ship had no problems this sailingas far as I knew, all AC worked fine...the staff from cabin attendant to waiters were very friendly and helpful..this also was my first time as Diamond and was lucky enough to in a conceirge lounge with Julian.....he was great and yes we got to enjoy his "Michael" act on the last night...

It was announced that this was the last sailing for Capt. Olsen on Enchantment - he will be going to the new ship Genesis after time off then on to FInland to over see that project.

Met up with other CC for an unofficial meet & mingle... great group:D

Would love to sail this ship again any time...

Michele

Gina--I think Julian will remember you:) Can you grill Julian again

on if he's staying or transfering and when? I still have Sept 2008 booked.

Anita

We tried asking the same question.....no real answer....

Gina--I think Julian will remember you:) Can you grill Julian again

on if he's staying or transfering and when? I still have Sept 2008 booked.

Anita

I'll stay on top of the situation and you'll be the first to know. :) We know we will know something when he begins his next contract in early April - where ever that may be.

Hold that cabin. There is still time.

Good to hear the positives. We can't wait to get on board next week!

Bon Voyage.....Have a great cruise...This is a wonderful ship and crew..and this was also my first sailing out of FLL...is was so easy to get in and out of...

It was announced that this was the last sailing for Capt. Olsen on Enchantment - he will be going to the new ship Genesis after time off then on to Finland to over see that project.

Michele - I know Debalex is going to cry at this info. When you say "this was the last sailing" do you mean he went on vacation when you left the ship at the end of your 4 nighter?

Just back from my first sailing on the Enchantment...since there has been a lot of "less than Favorable" comments lately thought I would a post my very brief review from my 4 night cruise....

This was my first sailing on the Enchantment, I had Cabin JS 7666 - It was awesome, the best balcony I have had yet. We had perfect weather, ports of CocoCay and Key west, and a sea day...both were lots of fun. COcoCay was just a beach relax day. Saw a stingray - very cool. Key West was a shopping, bar hopping day - so much fun. Sea day was fun. great pool side band...didn't feel overly crowded and plenty of chairs...it is a great pool deck layout with the additional side deck bar...

The ship had no problems this sailingas far as I knew, all AC worked fine...the staff from cabin attendant to waiters were very friendly and helpful..this also was my first time as Diamond and was lucky enough to in a conceirge lounge with Julian.....he was great and yes we got to enjoy his "Michael" act on the last night...

It was announced that this was the last sailing for Capt. Olsen on Enchantment - he will be going to the new ship Genesis after time off then on to FInland to over see that project.

Met up with other CC for an unofficial meet & mingle... great group:D

Would love to sail this ship again any time...

Michele

Hi Michele -

Pleased to read your positive review as we are considering this sailing on Enchantment for a quick getaway in January or February. Just one question (and it may seem a little odd:)) On the sea day between Key West and FLL, does the ship basically drift slowly (since it can't be more than 150 miles or so between ports) or did you deviate into the Gulf of Mexico or Atlantic? Just curious - I thought it was a little strange to have a sea day between Key West & FLL, since they are so close. Thanks again for your positive report :)

Michele - I know Debalex is going to cry at this info. When you say "this was the last sailing" do you mean he went on vacation when you left the ship at the end of your 4 nighter?

Yes... he actually did leave the ship at the end of our sailing...he was at the C&A return party... announced it. Was going on vacation till April then to FInland

Hi Michele -

Pleased to read your positive review as we are considering this sailing on Enchantment for a quick getaway in January or February. Just one question (and it may seem a little odd:)) On the sea day between Key West and FLL, does the ship basically drift slowly (since it can't be more than 150 miles or so between ports) or did you deviate into the Gulf of Mexico or Atlantic? Just curious - I thought it was a little strange to have a sea day between Key West & FLL, since they are so close. Thanks again for your positive report :)

Thank you.....I also ws curious to see what happened on a sea day...with this itinerary....we basically drifted for most of the day ( the captain announced that it was from around very early am till about 2 pm)...

Good to hear she's back to her normal standing.

Cheers for Capt Olsen as well. Getting Genesis has got to be a big promotion for him. It also means that Genesis will have a chance to have the same service level Enchantment does.

The captain can make or break a ship. Hope the next CO for Enchantment strives to make things as good as Olsen did.

Yes... he actually did leave the ship at the end of our sailing...he was at the C&A return party... announced it. Was going on vacation till April then to FInland

Did he mention who would be the next Captain? He was the captain on our Spring cruise. Srecko Ban from Croatia was captain on our Sept. cruise. He was a really nice man - quite young for a captain.

I am on the Jan. 31 sailing of the Enchantment, with the same itinerary as you had. Here are a couple of questions:0

1) What night was formal night?

2) What was the C&A gift this time?

3) Were the shows worth watching?

4) Since you kinda drifted on the day at sea, was there a wind issue that caused the trampoline area or the rock wall to be closed?

Thanks

I am on the Jan. 31 sailing of the Enchantment, with the same itinerary as you had. Here are a couple of questions:0

1) What night was formal night? ..................Formal night was the second night (Friday)

2) What was the C&A gift this time?.................. Beach tote bag embroidered with "EOS"

3) Were the shows worth watching?..,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the comedian/juggler was very funny..but didn't see other shows

4) Since you kinda drifted on the day at sea, was there a wind issue that caused the trampoline area or the rock wall to be closed? nothing to do with our drifting,,............................but last day was very windy and the trampoline was closed

Thanks

hope that helps...

Did he mention who would be the next Captain? He was the captain on our Spring cruise. Srecko Ban from Croatia was captain on our Sept. cruise. He was a really nice man - quite young for a captain.

He did not mention..I had friends staying on for a B2B..was hoping to hear ..

He did not mention..I had friends staying on for a B2B..was hoping to hear ..

Well since Felix is on now (and a very likeable young captain as well), I wonder if one of the vetrans will rotate with him. Need a ship for Brearley (may not be ready yet to return to sea), Antalis (may not be ready to master again), someone is coming off Sovereign when Sundet gets there, Capt Olsen from Empress will need a ship...and the game of musical ships continues! :)

Archived