What is your average PC Weigh in?

It has been approx 10 months since my last cruise. Today was the first time since then that the scales are back to my pre-cruise weight. (Yes I exercise, yes I eat healthy, yes I can't resist late night snacks and yes I drink too much) Last cruise of 10 days was so bad that we had to stop at Wally World on the drive home so that I could buy a pair of jeans that allowed me to breath. So I was wondering, is it just me? DH barely gains a pound, I skip dessert......you know the commercial. We leave for our next cruise in less than a month and I am really not looking forward to post-cruise weigh in. I seem to average 1 pound per day, what about everyone else?

Laney

I exercised quite a bit on my last cruise and managed to only gain 2 pounds despite eating and drinking quite a bit. I was on an Alaska cruise and loved jogging outside watching the scenery go by. I managed to jog 3-4 times, hit the weights twice, and did a very active shore excursion (a two hour glacier hike). Since there a lot of exercise opportunties on RCL ships, why not build that in to your daily routine and then you can eat guilt free and probably not gain much weight.

Enjoy your cruise :)

Use the stairs instead of the elevator, walk a few loops around the jogging track on the ship,walk when exploring ports, and use the gym. Eat what you enjoy, but don't eat at every opportunity the ship presents to you and try to stick with the light offerings on the menu. Do you have to drink alcohol to have fun? Save calories and money and buy the beverage package at the beginning of the cruise and stick with diet soda. Have fun!

I exercised quite a bit on my last cruise and managed to only gain 2 pounds despite eating and drinking quite a bit. I was on an Alaska cruise and loved jogging outside watching the scenery go by. I managed to jog 3-4 times, hit the weights twice, and did a very active shore excursion (a two hour glacier hike). Since there a lot of exercise opportunties on RCL ships, why not build that in to your daily routine and then you can eat guilt free and probably not gain much weight.

Enjoy your cruise :)

That's two different things.:D

Use the stairs instead of the elevator, walk a few loops around the jogging track on the ship,walk when exploring ports, and use the gym. Eat what you enjoy, but don't eat at every opportunity the ship presents to you and try to stick with the light offerings on the menu. Do you have to drink alcohol to have fun? Save calories and money and buy the beverage package at the beginning of the cruise and stick with diet soda. Have fun!

You-guys sound like my wife..... :eek: (that's me with my finger down my throat. :p)

I always have said, "If you don't gain 6 or 7 pounds, you didn't take advantage of all that was offered.;)

And.....

While on vacation - - ESPECIALLY A CRUISE - - it's time to R E L A X .

So, Millercat, you are right. but don't worry about it before your cruise. You'll take away from that enjoyment you have spent 10 months anticipating.

I usually gain a few pounds with the promise to myself I can work it off once the cruise is over......

and I do.

Laney, don't stress about that post-cruise weigh-in too much right now. Many (most?) of us gain a few pounds on a cruise. It's hard not to with all the temptation, isn't it? Exercise a bit more than you usually do on the cruise, resolve to get right back on your diet/exercise routine when you get home and delay that weigh-in for a week after you get back. Most importantly - enjoy your cruise!!! :)

Elf

Simple answer - 5 lbs with no effort - lots of pretty foo foo drinks that we don't normally imbibe and desserts we don't normally eat - I can live with it - it will come off with a little effort - balances out :)

I usually gain a few pounds with the promise to myself I can work it off once the cruise is over......

and I do.

Me too - and I walk over 40 Miles each week so most times I don't have to worry about what I eat - I'm not tiny but I am healthy and I don't go up and down constantly... BUT even when I don't eat a ton or drink a ton I gain on a cruise since it just throws my rhythm off and I was genetically blassed with no metabolism! I stay active on a cruise, always take the stairs, use the gym a few times and just don't worry about it - when I come home and find it would be way too expensive to keep up my eating habits and no one is serving me or cleaning up after me it all tends to settle and take no time to drop the few pounds which I tend to think are 1 pound excess and the rest water retention. But yes, I don't blow it, but on vacation I let loose a bit and enjoy! :)

For the last 3 cruises we've been on I lost around 10 pounds BEFORE the curise so I wouldn't have to worry about it when I got home. I could go and relax and eat anything I wanted and be around my normal weight when we got back. BUT....we only cruise once a year. I wouldn't recommend this for those who cruise several times a year.

I usually don't gain more than 1-2 pounds on the cruise. I think it is because I make a hugh effort to take the stairs and do lots of walking. My husband, on the other hand, walks with me and usually gains 5-7 pounds. We eat the same things, but he eat more quantity.

However, my father in law....look out! He just finished three cruises back to back (so 21 nights) and gained 20 lbs.!!!! He must have really enjoyed the food!

However, my father in law....look out! He just finished three cruises back to back (so 21 nights) and gained 20 lbs.!!!! He must have really enjoyed the food!

As much as I would like to do a B2B2B I don't think I could keep up my eating gusto for that long!

My husband and I both lose weight on a cruise. Please don't hate us. We are fairly sedentary, so with all the walking and excursions we are a lot more active when on a cruise when we are home. The results have been at least a five pound weight loss for each of us on our cruises.

Now ask me how long we keep it off...... :mad:

Usually gain about 3 lbs. on a 10 or 11 day cruise. Workout in the gym and try walking more than usual even though I use a cane most of the time. DW usually gains 1 lb. or looses same. All the extra pounds usually are lost after a week back from the cruise.

My husband and I both lose weight on a cruise. Please don't hate us. We are fairly sedentary, so with all the walking and excursions we are a lot more active when on a cruise when we are home. The results have been at least a five pound weight loss for each of us on our cruises.

Now ask me how long we keep it off...... :mad:

And why is it we're not supposed to hate you?:D At least we can envy you.

On a seven or eight-night cruise I will typically gain three to five pounds but it will be gone within a day or two. I really believe at least some of that extra weight is water.

I maintain (without proof other than swollen ankles, hands and face) that the food on cruise ships is loaded with sodium. I do believe that is why I lose the weight so fast after a cruise. It was just water caused from all that unaccustomed sodium.

On a seven or eight-night cruise I will typically gain three to five pounds but it will be gone within a day or two. I really believe at least some of that extra weight is water.

I maintain (without proof other than swollen ankles, hands and face) that the food on cruise ships is loaded with sodium. I do believe that is why I lose the weight so fast after a cruise. It was just water caused from all that unaccustomed sodium.

There is a lot of truth in what you say. By the 3rd or 4th day my feet look like balls with smaller round balls on the ends:eek:

I ate waaay too much on our 1st cruise--since then, I only eat small portions. I'm getting too old to worry about losing weight, (it gets harder as you get older!!) so I try and keep my weight where it should be and where I want it! That way, I don't have to worry! And, I don't weigh myself too often--as long as my clothes fit correctly, I'm good to go!

Yup, I am in the same "boat". On the last cruise I gained 10 pounds. I lost weight before the cruise, had my clothes altered to fit, then honestly had only one thing that fit me on the last night! It's the bread! I don't eat it at home very often, but the bread on the ship is amazing! Felt like a stuffed toad must. :( This time I am taking lots of green tea, enzymes for digestion and I promise to do the stairs all, ok most, of the time. I also promise to eat only what I love.

Our whole family has the pre-cruise weigh in and then after we weigh ourselves. Dh usually gains the most-about 10 pounds for a 7 day. I usually go 3-4, but like others said, I think it is the water retention.

On our Alaska cruise, between being active and getting the Norovirus, I actually lost 5 pounds! Not exactly a recommendation!!! (for the Noro anyway)

Gee, I'm going to count my blessings. I have never gained weight on a cruise. The last cruise I lost about 5 pounds, but we were extremely acitve. We walked quite a bit through western europe. Not a lot of swimming but we made that up in walking. I also try to watch what I eat and am very careful not to over indulge.

Archived