Discrepancy - Tours in Aruba

RustaRoo

I will be in Aruba in March. When I click on the itinerary and tours available, a Jolly Roger Sail & Snorkel tour is listed. However, when I go, as a booked passenger, to select this particular tour on the shore excursions page - it is not listed.

Has anyone had recent experience with this type of discrepancy? It has been my experience that when a tour is cancelled, it is clearly marked CANCELLED; this tour has just disappeared! Ideas?

It may be worth a call to HAL I suppose for clarification. There, I likely answered my own question:D But I'd still appreciate hearing from anyone that may know further details - thanks!

Is it possible it is sold out?

That may be a consideration but it would still be listed as one of the options, I would think (but, hey, I've been known to be wrong before:p )! I've decided to call HAL in the a.m. and check it out.

Rustaroo -

I have run into this a few times actually. When I go through excursions and find one I like ...when signed in to book it does not appear.

When speaking to Shore Excursions I was told that not all excursions are offered on all sailings - whether it's a time issue, a date issue, sometimes if there are numerous ships in they cannot offer it to all lines as they haven't the space to accomodate passengers from all ships so only a few can offer it.

I asked again and got the same answer from Shore Excursions desk when onboard as they usually have brochures for a lot of excursions and again the ones I wanted were there but the tour was not offered. Got the same answer.

Interestingly ...I will be on the NCL Pearl next month and the same thing happened again (I guess I like to pick them :)). I contacted the company running the tour who gladly booked me into the excursion privately and said that it was not available to NCL as they were offering it to RCI that day.

Hi, Richard. Don't give up yet. I've seen it happen that a tour I wanted never appeared for on-line booking, but was available when I boarded. Haven't a clue why, but sometimes ya gets lucky.

Have a(nother) great time! :D

When speaking to Shore Excursions I was told that not all excursions are offered on all sailings - whether it's a time issue, a date issue, sometimes if there are numerous ships in they cannot offer it to all lines as they haven't the space to accomodate passengers from all ships so only a few can offer it.
Aha! Now that sounds very likely, as according to CruiseCal there are three ships in Aruba that day: Empress of the Seas, Veendam and Volendam. Thanks for this new - and helpful - information, Riz!

I will be in Aruba in March. When I click on the itinerary and tours available, a Jolly Roger Sail & Snorkel tour is listed. However, when I go, as a booked passenger, to select this particular tour on the shore excursions page - it is not listed.

Has anyone had recent experience with this type of discrepancy? It has been my experience that when a tour is cancelled, it is clearly marked CANCELLED; this tour has just disappeared! Ideas?

It may be worth a call to HAL I suppose for clarification. There, I likely answered my own question:D But I'd still appreciate hearing from anyone that may know further details - thanks!

The itinerary page only shows all tours available, not all the tours available for your specific sailing. The only ones available to book are those when you log in as the passenger. Some are obvious like a dinner cruise when your port time ends at 2:00pm.

Last year I wanted the all day tour in Tunis, was disappointed, called Shore Excursions who first said it was rarely offered and then said they had not finished their negotiations. By the time they did, I had booked a full day tour on my own for about half the price, had 8 others from CC ready to join and we added two more from the ship. One couple from Australia said it was the best tour they had had in their entire life (since the guide was able to find the rabbi who opened up the main Synagogue for us).

I think you can book the sail tour on your own.

Good luck - let us know what you find out.
HAL's response:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding your shore excursions for your sailing with Holland America Line.

Unfortunately, the Jolly Pirates Tour is not being offered for this date. All tours that we offer are on the booking screen. There are a host of other good tours that you may pick from. Hope you find one.

So, I have booked another tour here, together with relatives with whom I'm traveling, and plan to do my snorkeling in Curacao. All's well that ends well.

HAL's response:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding your shore excursions for your sailing with Holland America Line.

Unfortunately, the Jolly Pirates Tour is not being offered for this date. All tours that we offer are on the booking screen. There are a host of other good tours that you may pick from. Hope you find one.

So, I have booked another tour here, together with relatives with whom I'm traveling, and plan to do my snorkeling in Curacao. All's well that ends well.

Richard

So sorry that you weren't able to get the tour you wanted.

What tour did you decide to do?

Yonnie

Archived