What is the area like where Princess docks in St Thomas?

jealdaka

We're wondering what the area is like near the Princess docks in ST. I've only docked at Havensight and enjoyed the shops there a lot. Anything similar at the other place. I forgot the name! I have a half day planned and just wonder if there is something to do near the ship for a couple of hours in the afternoon.

Hey Doug.... how are you?

Not much at Crown Bay. We went into town. The ride was a bit long and congested. I think we would hit Emerald Beach next time. Was not impressed w/ the towndown area, but then again, I was not looking for jewelery either.

Is Crown Bay still considered Charlotte Amalie or is that only for Havensight? My itinerary says Charlotte Amalie so not sure where we will dock...thank you!

Once April comes you can go to www dot vinow dot com and follow the link for cruiseship visitors. There you will find the current month's docking schedule for St. Thomas. CB means Crown Bay, WICO means Havensight, Anchorage means tendering into downtown Charlotte Amalie.

If you are docked at Crown Bay, you will be the only ship and getting a taxi to go anywhere should be very easy.
Crown Bay can accommodate 2 ships, while Havensight can accommodate 3, so even if they are at Crown Bay they won't necessarily be the only ship there.

If you are sailing on January 15, you will be sharing Crown Bay with Holland America's Noordam. 3 other vessels at Havensight, and 2 anchored in the harbour. A busy day all over, except perhaps Emerald Beach.

If you are sailing on January 15, you will be sharing Crown Bay with Holland America's Noordam. 3 other vessels at Havensight, and 2 anchored in the harbour. A busy day all over, except perhaps Emerald Beach.

If you are docked at Crown Bay, you will be the only ship and getting a taxi to go anywhere should be very easy. :)
It's not getting a cab that is the problem, it's getting back. Once the cabs leave, they don't want to come back because it is so remote.:mad:

We were there last year off the Caribbean Princess (Crown Bay). There is a marina just a short walk across the shopping center grounds. You can catch a water taxi and go to a beautiful beach called Honeymoon Beach on Water Island. Take a look at my pictures by clicking the link below and find our Caribbean Princess album. We hope to land there again this Feb on the Emerald cruise. If you don't want to go to the beach, you can easily grab a cab or take an excursion right form the ship port.

We were there last year off the Caribbean Princess (Crown Bay). There is a marina just a short walk across the shopping center grounds. You can catch a water taxi and go to a beautiful beach called Honeymoon Beach on Water Island. Take a look at my pictures by clicking the link below and find our Caribbean Princess album. We hope to land there again this Feb on the Emerald cruise. If you don't want to go to the beach, you can easily grab a cab or take an excursion right form the ship port.

The CB was docked at Haversight, today..so ya never know

It's not getting a cab that is the problem, it's getting back. Once the cabs leave, they don't want to come back because it is so remote.:mad:

A. It is not remote, very close to the same distance to Havensight.

B. Not only did we have no trouble getting a cab back to Crown Bay, there were drivers cruising looking to fill their vans as they were headed there.

C. Why would they care which dock they take a van full of $4 fares (same as town to Havensight?)

You may not like Crown Bay, but coloring the truth will not get Princess to abandon their lease

Archived