Teens on Enchantment

Has anyone cruised with a 16 year old? Is there a lively, "cool" teen disco/club or is it open to kids of all ages? How late does it stay open? Is there a specific area where teens tend to meet up? Any info is helpful. We leave 2/18/08.

I have always taken my kids out of school end of Jan. early Feb. for vacations. Two years ago we were on Enchantment and both of my teens had a blast. They were 14 and 17 at the time and hung out alot at fuel and had quite a few other teens to pal around with. Each night after dinner they couldn't wait to read their compass to see what was going on the next night. If nothing exciting was happening they always met in their lounge by the arcade. Besides fuel, they like going to the solarium late at night for the food served. I'd always check in their when they weren't up in fuel and low and behold-the pack was there!! Your 16 year old will have fun.

Some parts of the northeast actually get a week off in February and a week off in April instead of a week in March.

Here in some counties in Georgia we have that week off too. You might find families from here on your cruise. Its only a days drive to Florida. We went on our Sept break on The Mariner, my boys had a great time in Fuel and the teen hang out called The Living Room. Have your 16 yr old go to the teen meet and mingle the first night. The curfew was 1:00 am for this age group. Have a great cruise:)

Did any of your teens go on excursions through the ship with their age group? I am going to book something in Belize and don't know whether to include her or not. The school system in MA (public anyway) has the whole week off for winter break. I think other states in the Northeast do too. Still trying to find other families with teens going at the same time. Thanks for the info.

My daughter was 16 last April when we cruised Enchantment. She had a lot of new friends to hang out with - some she has stayed in touch with. Ships security was strict in keeping them where they were required to be late at night. There was no roaming the ship allowed by teens after a certain time - maybe it was strict Spring Break enforcment which was fine with me.

To my knowledge, I do not know of any ships that take kids on excursions. I've only cruised twice so some other seasoned cruisers might know the answer. We took ours with us on all excursions. All activities with the kids were on ship to what I could see in the compass.

We went on the Jeep Safari in Belize and my teens loved it! Both boys though!

Did you try searcing the roll call forum for that sailing date. You might get more info. over there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=259

Archived