Does anyone care anymore that I was on the Crown Princess when it listed?

Here is the NTSB executive summary of the report:

http://www.ntsb.gov/Publictn/2008/MAR0801.htm

This is exactly what we believed at the time: an inexperienced lower ranking officer on the bridge who overcorrected something that didn't need correcting in the first place.

The NTSB officially places the list at 24%, by the way. :eek:

This is exactly what we believed at the time: an inexperienced lower ranking officer on the bridge who overcorrected something that didn't need correcting in the first place.

I thought of you and Nancy right away. :eek: She was a TV celebrity and did a pretty good job of it. ;)

Of course I care my friend!!!! You have more 'if it is going to happen.....it will happen to me' cruise stories........I think most of us remember the cruise that didn't happen.......not to bring up a bad memory......but your stories are hard to forget. (not sure that is a good thing......:confused: :) )

Of course we care. I just read the link I bet you relived the whole thing just reading about it. Let's hope they learned a lesson from it, and it doesn't happen again.

Kate

My cubicle-mate is retired Coast Guard...he had many comments. :) ...we were both laughing EDIT: Not laughing HA, HA, but but that it was human error, inexperience, and lack of training. (seen frequently) about the ntsb report. But I did mention that my Cruise Critic buddy was onboard when it happened.

Thanks for all the good wishes, guys, but that's not what I meant. :)

I was just afraid that you were all tired/bored of the entire topic. I wasn't fishing for compliments or sympathy over the fact that I was on board. ;)

Can you believe that one of my cruise buddies from that cruise is brave enough to cruise with me again?

Watch out, everyone else!

The reason to mention it is because if you were involved in a horrific multi car pileup, or a plane incident, or a cruise ship incident..... You would still want to read the official police report or ntsb report about the major incident that YOU were involved in. It was major news, YOU WERE THERE, and of course you want to see what a disinterested 3rd party has to say about the accident. Don't be silly. :D

I do not understand your post. Of course we care for your welfare, as for our won, as all who decide to cruise take the same risks, regardless of what ship or what line and what itinerary.

By the way, all of us who drive take the same risks on the road. We would be concerned if one of us was injured in an auto accident, but there comes a time when too much concern can be damaging, whether on a ship or in a car.

Hi Carol, I was thinking about your adventures (and that of the other Carol). Jen, her mom, Nate and Misty, and I were on the Monarch last weekend. It was great. Carol (DG) posted and I kind of responded on our roll call list: Oh well! Are we going to implement the no throwing food rule and the purse not thrown into the toilet :D? Oh yeah, the Carols aren't with us (but they're checking in with up on line :)).

Seriously, I do remember what you posted during that time and since then. I appreciate how you made the best of that situation and used that to reassure posters troubled about that and other matters like that since then. In fact, we were traveling on the Monarch in what was expected to be extremely high swells. Of course, when you're a little nervous those reassurances are very helpful. Carol, have a great time on your cruise. I'm doing the Mexican Rivera during the same time (taking my sister). No airplanes :) . Later, Robin

I was just afraid that you were all tired/bored of the entire topic. I wasn't fishing for compliments or sympathy over the fact that I was on board. ;)

quote]

I'm glad you weren't hurt.

I, for one, didn't think you were fishing for compliments or sympathy...I really did think you had been seriously hurt and no one seemed to care.

I think that most CC people do care about each other if we think one of us were injured.

I had just read a post on Celebrity's Board where a young person died while scuba diving on a cruise. It's so sad.

By the way, all of us who drive take the same risks on the road. We would be concerned if one of us was injured in an auto accident, but there comes a time when too much concern can be damaging, whether on a ship or in a car.

Obviously the renewed interest has been brought about by the release TODAY of the NTSB report. :rolleyes:

:eek: Tell me "dfw" doesn't mean you're a Texan! What an attitude. Plz, everyone realize this is not the usual attitude of Texans. Must be a transplant!:confused:

Carol, I hope you've been around long enough to ignore this kind of crap..and sure you have. I know you still have sleep problems from that "event" & hope it's all behind you soon with the report finally out. :)

I always wondered if there were any videos online of the list.... my heart was racing just watching the videos. It must have been really scary for those that were outside on their balconies.

We were on the Century when it did the same thing. Luckily ours was just a 14° list and not 24° like yours. It happened right in the middle of the first dinner seating for us. Glad you made it through OK.

Wow. Merion_mom is one of the most helpful, interesting and reliable posters on the boards. She did a good job that day, did not freak out (like her cabinmate) and comported herself well. It was something of interest to cruisers. If you go back to the origanal posts on the thread about the cruise, you will see this is pretty close to what she inititally posted as her suspcision.

Carol (MM) is an evenhanded person and someone to have with you when something goes awry. Sadly, she was not willing to jump off the balcony and get my sarong, instead we consigned it to Trident. Who I am sure looks smashing in it.

Hey Carol, I just read another thread on the Princess boards, where one of our compartriots is going on a long cruise. One who said they would never cruise again. I'm thrilled she's going.

I care about incidents at sea and I'm glad they finally released the information. At least we know how far the tilt was. 24 degrees is a scary thing. I still would have finished the cruise if they'd let us and I still want my dessert from that night. The carts all rolled into one another and the sugary goodness was destroyed. A darn shame.

Oh as for the "News Celebrity" thing, I got a call from two local stations. One who hunted me down via my blog, and the other who hunted me down via a local news story. A writer at the local paper is a blog reader of mine. I felt like a doofus and looked worse. One of the reporters was irritated that I didn't cry in the interview. Um, sorry. LOL!

Can you believe that one of my cruise buddies from that cruise is brave enough to cruise with me again?

Watch out, everyone else!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} yes we care!

I remember a few of your posts and I said (kiddingly) that what ever cruise your would be on I would RUN the other direction!!! :D :D

Again, just kidding, I think cruising with you would be a riot.

BTW....24% is a huge list and I can't imagine how that must of been at the time!!! :eek:

Archived