For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Seinfeld is the number one favorite show of Mr. & Mrs. Schmoopie. We can quote the dialog of entire shows. The Schmoopie episode just always stood out for some "odd" reason.

We are on the AOS February 27th. Rumor has it they will be changing the name of the ship for that particular sailing to the Schmoop Boat...;)

No one messes with the name of the ship....... no one! :mad:;):)

Seinfeld is the number one favorite show of Mr. & Mrs. Schmoopie. We can quote the dialog of entire shows. The Schmoopie episode just always stood out for some "odd" reason.

We are on the AOS February 27th. Rumor has it they will be changing the name of the ship for that particular sailing to the Schmoop Boat...;)

I am a MAJOR Seinfeld fan - have every season on DVD and like you, I can quote entire shows! :eek::eek::p

We will just miss eachother as I will be getting off the ship after 2 weeks on Feb 27th.

As for the Schmoop Boat.................Yada Yada Yada!!!!

I'm looking for suggestions on what to do while in St. Croix?:rolleyes:

We toured the island .... not too exciting! Then we took a catamaran on the Jolly Mon ... very nice Cat, crew were attentive and took us toward a limited access beach but we were anchored out a bit & I didn't feel comfortable with the swim distance although the crew did offer to assist those not able to swim .... since it was the last day we (DH & I) just relaxed on the deck of the Cat. (The crew and the tour guide on the island all said the people of the island don't want it to become like St Thomas .... so they aren't too excited by tourists & don't have big resort areas being developed.)

I can tell you what not to do. We did the bike ride tour with RC. The bikes were in bad shape, and there is a lot of hills. I thought that it maybe similar to the one we did in Barbados, but nope. The Barbados one you start at the highest point, and coast your way down. It didn't help in St. Croix we got stuck in a monsoon while bike riding!:rolleyes:

I am a MAJOR Seinfeld fan - have every season on DVD and like you, I can quote entire shows! :eek::eek::p

We will just miss eachother as I will be getting off the ship after 2 weeks on Feb 27th.

As for the Schmoop Boat.................Yada Yada Yada!!!!

It's too bad we will just miss you...could have been table mates and exchanged favorite Seinfeld quotes. If you would order one of the cold soups we could shout, "No soup for you!!" After the cruise, if one day would have been stormy and the ship would have been really rocking, we could go home and tell people, "The sea was angry that day". Too bad...the cruise could have been "real...and spectacular".

I wish they would drop St. Croix and put St. Thomas and St. Maarten both back on the same itinerary. We didn't see much of the island when we stopped there to refuel on Serenade but I saw enough to know that I don't really want to go back. That is especially true if it means giving up either St. Thomas or St. Maarten in order to stop there.

It's too bad we will just miss you...could have been table mates and exchanged favorite Seinfeld quotes. If you would order one of the cold soups we could shout, "No soup for you!!" After the cruise, if one day would have been stormy and the ship would have been really rocking, we could go home and tell people, "The sea was angry that day". Too bad...the cruise could have been "real...and spectacular".

Maybe we will be seated with a VIP from Vandelay Industries.......Maybe his name will even be Art? I only hope we are not seated next to a close talker :D:p because he would be a "very very very bad man" !!!!! (wags finger)

Anyone who is recently off the AOS - can you please let us know how your CD was? :)

Anthony Richards is young - born in 1981 - speaks spanish, is well polished, nice looking and I enjoyed his no frills but smooth style. He's especially fun to watch behind the curtains just before they introduce him each evening. Sit in the front row on the right side so you can see back stage.

I think he'd be perfect as a bachelor on "The Bachelorette". LOL I have no idea if he's married though - I'm just assuming he's not.

Gina

Anthony Richards is young - born in 1981 - speaks spanish, is well polished, nice looking and I enjoyed his no frills but smooth style. He's especially fun to watch behind the curtains just before they introduce him each evening. Sit in the front row on the right side so you can see back stage.

I think he'd be perfect as a bachelor on "The Bachelorette". LOL I have no idea if he's married though - I'm just assuming he's not.

Gina

Thanks for the info Gina :) Do you know how long he is going to be onboard, or is this his permanent gig?

I may try and get a front row seat to find out what he does behind that curtain!!!! :rolleyes::eek:

Thanks for the info Gina :) Do you know how long he is going to be onboard, or is this his permanent gig?

I may try and get a front row seat to find out what he does behind that curtain!!!! :rolleyes::eek:

I never thought to ask about his future plans.

It's just his cute little movements to the music. You can tell he's really into it and psyching himself up. The orchestra plays the same song each night at the beginning of the show - the keyboardist hitting the single keys...dodo dodo do do dododo. And seeing Anthony bouncing around and his signature fist movement....it's just cute.

He might give up his spanish though since out of Puerto Rico there probably aren't as many non English speakers as there were out of Barcelona. Yes, I know Puerto Ricans speak spanish. :rolleyes: But they are all pretty good with their english, too. :)

Or maybe he won't even be there long. :(

Gina

We leave on Adventure next Sunday....very excited!!!!! A new class of ship for us, and leaving from Puerto Rico instead of Miami. Really looking forward to getting away.

Please report when you get back. Would like to know if there was any problems. Leaving in Feb.

Have a nice cruise.

Mark

Robyn is there any site that would tell us about the CD for the cruises we'll be on ... We go after you so I'm sure you'll post that type of information for the future cruisers following you!

Here is a list that I copied from another thread - I believe it is up to date?

Allure= Ken Rush

Adventure =Anthony Richardson

Brillliance = Gordon Whatman....Matt Sole ????

Enchantment =John Blair

Explorer = Chris Northey til November/Jimmy Rhodes in November until March

Freedom= Graham Seymour

Grandeur = Rico

Independence= James Andrews/Joff Eaton is on vacation till December

Jewel= Keith Williams will start this week

Legend = ???

Liberty= Mike Szwajkowski

Majesty = Ricky Matthews

Mariner = Kieron buffery

Monarch= Marc Walker

Navigator=Paul Rutter

Oasis = Richard Spacey/Allan Brooks will start 11/13

Radiance = Kirk Detweiler

Rhapsody = Mike Hunnerup......Carly Boileau ????

Serenade= Dennis Charles

Splendour = ???

Vision = Dave Chapman

Voyager = Mercedes La Fuentes

We leave on Adventure next Sunday....very excited!!!!! A new class of ship for us, and leaving from Puerto Rico instead of Miami. Really looking forward to getting away.

I'm sure you will have a fabulous cruise!!!

Have fun and be sure to check back with us and let us know! :D

we will onboard AOS on January 30th and have not set up cruise tours.. Would you be so kind to post your Cruise Compass ??

You can book excursions through the RCI website. You may want to look at that option now as excursions (depending on the type) can book up fast!

Which itinerary are you sailing? Aruba or Barbados?

Hi Robyn and all,

I'm just off the Adventure from her westbound transatlantic and she's back safely in her homeport of San Juan ready for the winter.

It was a long but great passage. The ship looks as if it took a beating while in Europe but the crew is working hard to keep her in shape.

I believe Anthony the CD was going home to Canada on vacation after the transat.

I'll post a review of our trip soon, both in this thread and in the member reviews section.

Regards,

117 days until my Adventure and getting excited ;):D

A couple of questions:

Rather than dining in the Windjammer when boarding, is Cafe Promenade or Johnny Rockets open for lunch?

We'll be staying in OSJ prior to the cruise. Want to get to the port between 10:30 and 11. What time should we plan on leaving? I hear traffic is a mess.

Thanks!

Theresa

Hi Robyn and all,

I'm just off the Adventure from her westbound transatlantic and she's back safely in her homeport of San Juan ready for the winter.

It was a long but great passage. The ship looks as if it took a beating while in Europe but the crew is working hard to keep her in shape.

I believe Anthony the CD was going home to Canada on vacation after the transat.

I'll post a review of our trip soon, both in this thread and in the member reviews section.

Regards,

Hi Aviator :) (our favorite SJ resident!)

Thanks for checking back in with us.

Interesting that you comment that the ship took a beating while in Europe, because for some reason that doesn't surprise me? :rolleyes: I'm not sure why.....it just doesn't.

I am, however, confident that the ship will be in top shape for all of us Caribbean cruisers. I know that the crew are top notch and really care about their ship :D

If Anthony is going home, then I guess we are still in the dark about who the CD will be?

Welcome back and we look forward to your review!!!

Archived