For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

I picture your review reading something like this.....

Ok, this was my 176th sailing on this ship. I found the boat to be in a terrible state of disrepair. The crew must have been scraped from the bottom of some old bucket and the food tasted like it came out of the same bucket that the crew was scraped out of. The itinerary is the absolute worst. St. Thomas is a pit. St. Maarten is a deeper pit. All of the bars were empty at night because drink prices were so high and the passengers were all in bed by 10PM anyway. Forget about using the elevators because the average age of the passengers was about 97 yrs. and it looked like scooter and wheel chair city lining up for them. The entertainment was nonexistant. The CD was horrible. And the worst part about the entire week was that there were Puerto Ricans all over the the ship cutting in line and speaking... SPANISH....of all things. The nerve of them.......

OK, you know I am joking.....RIGHT??!! :eek: But I did try to cover most of the negative things that I read about the ship. :D

Oh, and one more thing. The part about this being Robyn's 176 cruise on the ship.... THAT was no joke!:p

Brilliant!

I picture your review reading something like this.....

Ok, this was my 176th sailing on this ship. I found the boat to be in a terrible state of disrepair. The crew must have been scraped from the bottom of some old bucket and the food tasted like it came out of the same bucket that the crew was scraped out of. The itinerary is the absolute worst. St. Thomas is a pit. St. Maarten is a deeper pit. All of the bars were empty at night because drink prices were so high and the passengers were all in bed by 10PM anyway. Forget about using the elevators because the average age of the passengers was about 97 yrs. and it looked like scooter and wheel chair city lining up for them. The entertainment was nonexistant. The CD was horrible. And the worst part about the entire week was that there were Puerto Ricans all over the the ship cutting in line and speaking... SPANISH....of all things. The nerve of them.......

OK, you know I am joking.....RIGHT??!! :eek: But I did try to cover most of the negative things that I read about the ship. :D

Oh, and one more thing. The part about this being Robyn's 176 cruise on the ship.... THAT was no joke!:p

Ocean Boy ----- That is TOOO GOOOD!!!! I wish you were going with us ... would love to meet you! Love the sense of humor!

OCEANBOY......YOU CRACKED ME UP!!!!!!

TOONJIE......OMG!!! HOW HANDSOME YOUR BOYS ARE! what beautiful pics, thanks for sharing. Well its not fair because i saw lots of pics of your wife pregnant with Josiah but none with Noah...hmmm see you probably forgot all about me but we go wayyy back :D:p:)

God Bless your children!

CKROBYN,,,i feel special;) a review for me

ok so im going to start at the beginning with the ??? i know this is on the boards somewhere but ill just stay here with the experts:rolleyes:

1 ) what time should i be on the ship ?(less lines)

2 ) are the puerto ricans really as rude as these boards say? im dominican/puerto rican and i havent met people like they describe here but then again I've always lived in USA.

3) i read that a cab to san juan from the Intercontinental is $20 each way, but some say take the bus in front of hotel...have u taken the bus t OSJ???

CKROBYN,,,i feel special;) a review for me

ok so im going to start at the beginning with the ??? i know this is on the boards somewhere but ill just stay here with the experts:rolleyes:

1 ) what time should i be on the ship ?(less lines)

2 ) are the puerto ricans really as rude as these boards say? im dominican/puerto rican and i havent met people like they describe here but then again I've always lived in USA.

3) i read that a cab to san juan from the Intercontinental is $20 each way, but some say take the bus in front of hotel...have u taken the bus t OSJ???

Cookie :)

What time should you be on the ship??? That all depends on what time you want to be on the ship!!! If you are anything like me, I go flying out of my hotel room bed soooo excited that my ship is docked in port waiting for me, that I hoover down coffee and a bagel in the hotel lobby and hail a cab all within about an hour of waking up! This means I am at the port by 9:30am and I am usually one of the first 5 people there :p

Are Puerto Ricans as rude as these boards say? I can only speak from personal experience, and I have never had any issues. They are a lively culture, but you probably already knew that!

I'm not sure about cab fare from the Intercontinental, but I think it is a bit more than $20 as that hotel is located in Isle Verde which is near the airport.

I'm not sure about cab fare from the Intercontinental, but I think it is a bit more than $20 as that hotel is located in Isle Verde which is near the airport.

$10 airport to Isle Verde, then $19 Isle Verde to OSJ or the pier. Plus $1 per bag, and tip.

I posted this in our roll call, but it may be helpful here also :)

bobj

San Juan Taxi rates 2011.pdf

We are sailing the route that goes to Aruba, Dominica, Curacao, & St Thomas. San Juan does not observe daylight savings time so we will arrive one hour later but what about the other islands and what time is the ship on:confused::confused::confused: Will we be switching time back & forth:(. I hope not.

$10 airport to Isle Verde, then $19 Isle Verde to OSJ or the pier. Plus $1 per bag, and tip.

I posted this in our roll call, but it may be helpful here also :)

bobj

[ATTACH]179972[/ATTACH]

Thanks very much - it is very useful to have the taxi information on this thread :D

We are sailing the route that goes to Aruba, Dominica, Curacao, & St Thomas. San Juan does not observe daylight savings time so we will arrive one hour later but what about the other islands and what time is the ship on:confused::confused::confused: Will we be switching time back & forth:(. I hope not.

Neither Puerto Rico or any of the islands that Adventure sails to observe daylight savings time. When the U.S. mainland is on standard time Puerto Rico and the islands are one hour ahead of the east coast. When the US is on daylight savings time the eastern time zone has the same time as Puerto Rico and the islands.

Adventure is on Atlantic Standard time thought the cruise.

Okay my frequent AOS cruiser friends, I have a new question for you!

Since we're all CCers and I'm assuming you're all active on your roll calls and many of you fly in early...

Do you meet with other CCers in Puerto Rico the night before the cruise and if so, where do you meet? In OSJ? In Condado? Do dinner or just meet in a hotel lobby?

I'd like some suggestions that I can share on my Roll Call. It's nice to have an early Meet & Greet before boarding the ship the next day.

In our instance there are 3 sets of us staying in OSJ proper while the rest are in various Condado hotels.

Thanks!

Theresa

Neither Puerto Rico or any of the islands that Adventure sails to observe daylight savings time. When the U.S. mainland is on standard time Puerto Rico and the islands are one hour ahead of the east coast. When the US is on daylight savings time the eastern time zone has the same time as Puerto Rico and the islands.

Adventure is on Atlantic Standard time thought the cruise.

Thanks I guess I had the daylight savings time mixed up.:o We are now on standard time so Puerto Rico and all the islands will be one hour ahead of us right?

Okay my frequent AOS cruiser friends, I have a new question for you!

Since we're all CCers and I'm assuming you're all active on your roll calls and many of you fly in early...

Do you meet with other CCers in Puerto Rico the night before the cruise and if so, where do you meet? In OSJ? In Condado? Do dinner or just meet in a hotel lobby?

I'd like some suggestions that I can share on my Roll Call. It's nice to have an early Meet & Greet before boarding the ship the next day.

In our instance there are 3 sets of us staying in OSJ proper while the rest are in various Condado hotels.

Thanks!

Theresa

Theresa,

If you have an active roll call (and it sounds as if you do!) meeting up the night before the cruise would be a lot of fun, and also builds the excitement for the next day :) So far, I have not been a part of any pre-cruise get togethers - I am always just busy with my family and we have our own little routine in San Juan. That being said, I usually attend an informal meet and greet on boarding day - usually scheduled for around 3pm at the Pool Bar. It's nice to put faces to names before the actual Meet and Mingle.

Well, whatever you decide - have fun! :D

Thanks I guess I had the daylight savings time mixed up.:o We are now on standard time so Puerto Rico and all the islands will be one hour ahead of us right?

You have it.:) Since you are in Michigan, which is central time I think, when you take off for Puerto Rico set your watch ahead two hours and that it your time for the rest of your vacation until you take off from warm San Juan to return to cold Michigan. :D However, if you are traveling AFTER we go back on daylight savings time then you should only turn your watch ahead one hour on the way to Puerto Rico. ;)

Theresa,

If you have an active roll call (and it sounds as if you do!) meeting up the night before the cruise would be a lot of fun, and also builds the excitement for the next day :) So far, I have not been a part of any pre-cruise get togethers - I am always just busy with my family and we have our own little routine in San Juan. That being said, I usually attend an informal meet and greet on boarding day - usually scheduled for around 3pm at the Pool Bar. It's nice to put faces to names before the actual Meet and Mingle.

Well, whatever you decide - have fun! :D

Thanks, Robyn.

Yes, we have a pretty good group of people going on our sailing. I've met up pre-cruise with fellow CCers before in Miami and had a blast. We kept bumping into each other during boarding day and it was great!

I'm sure we will have fun. :D

Theresa

Well, I knew that DeDe was taking a break starting with our cruise Jan 16, just got a note from Reshma who will be taking her place.

bobj

I have been in email contact with DeDe regularly and yes, she will begin her vacation on January 16th. I am not sure when she is returning - probably 6 weeks or so. DeDe has assured me that Reshma is very good :) which may be so....but she is not DeDe!!!! :rolleyes:

I have been in email contact with DeDe regularly and yes, she will begin her vacation on January 16th. I am not sure when she is returning - probably 6 weeks or so. DeDe has assured me that Reshma is very good :) which may be so....but she is not DeDe!!!! :rolleyes:

I'm sure Reshma will be great! :) I will be sure to share my experience with you upon our return ;)

bobj

Archived