For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Hi Reg

We had a fantastic cruise!

Forma nights are Monday and Thursday :)

Thank you Robyn, would you happen to have the menus and compasses for the Barbados route? Understand you are busy, but this info would be very much appreciated.

Reg

Hi Robyn,

Does the AOS still have the ugly brown water coming out of the taps in the bathrooms? And can you please post the Compasses for Barbados, St Lucia, St Croix, etc week. It would really be appreciated by a lot of people. Thanks so much!

Hi Margaret :)

There is no ugly brown water coming out of the taps - at least NOT in our cabin (we were in JS 1358 for 2 weeks).

I'm sorry but I did not save the compasses......:(

Hi again Robyn,

Your picture of Mullet Bay beach is beautiful. We were thinking of going to Dawn Beach but are re-thinking maybe Mullet. Which do you think is the best beach? Does Mullet have umbrella rentals and someplace good for food and drinks? If the beach is long where would we ask to get dropped off? Thanks for your opinion. Your experiences are so very helpful with our plans.

Hi again Robyn,

Your picture of Mullet Bay beach is beautiful. We were thinking of going to Dawn Beach but are re-thinking maybe Mullet. Which do you think is the best beach? Does Mullet have umbrella rentals and someplace good for food and drinks? If the beach is long where would we ask to get dropped off? Thanks for your opinion. Your experiences are so very helpful with our plans.

Mullet is a fantastic beach as you can see :D The taxi driver will know exactly where to drop you off and pick you up. Yes, there are loungers and umbrellas for rent, and there is a restaurant that sells pretty good burgers, hot dogs, and BBQ ribs (and of course beverages to go with it!)

I recommend Mullet Bay for sure! It is the only beach we visit when we are in St. Maarten (and we have been to many others in the past).

COULDN'T GET INTO OSJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After agonizing for months what to do on disembarkation day, we finally decided we'd go to Barrachina's and store the luggage. Guess what...moments after getting into the cab yesterday morning at the dock the driver received a call saying the roads in and out of OSJ were all closed for some sort of "people walking in the streets" thing. Never found out what it was exactly, so instead of leisurely walking around OSJ we were treated to six hours in the lovely airport. This was a huge disappointment, and after getting rained out the day before at Magen's Bay (more on that in my upcoming trip report), it just was a frustrating last two days of our cruise. Oh well...back to work today :mad:.

Oh...no Beatles show on our trip, either...:mad:

Other than that, we had a great cruise (Mrs. Schmoopie's first)...

We also got told cars couldn't go into OSJ but we grabbed a private tour (Happy Tours $25pp & he kept our luggagewith him in van)at pier and he got us to the Fort in OSJ so we walked around fort & downtown til about 3:00pm then he dropped us at the airport. Our flight was suppose to leave at 7:05pm but was delayed. Check private tours right at pier.

We had a great cruise & AOS was as beautiful as you all said. I really loved the crew (esp. Vic at pool bar & Borce at Aquarium bar), the ship & food was good everywhere we went. The only complaint is it was hard to get elevators (switched to stairs beginning of week) & also people saving pool chairs & not coming back for hours.

Would definitely sail on AOS again!!!!

Hi Robyn!

Welcome back! Have a couple of embarkation day questions for you.

1. What time did you arrive at the pier?

2. Since I'm assuming you got there early, was it hot and did they offer you water?

3. Are there bathroom facilities available outside if you need them before they let you inside or will they let you inside if necessary?

4. What time did they finally let you inside?

5. How long of a wait was it then until you were actually able to board the ship?

6. Are the cabins available at 1:00 or 1:30?

7. What did you do for sailaway? Topside? Inside? Your balcony?

I think that should do it for the moment! Thanks for the pix.

Theresa

I'm back!!!!!!

Hi everyone :) Just off a glorious 2 weeks on the Adventure of the Seas! We had a fantastic B2B cruise - both weeks were spectacular in every possible way. The weather was absolutely perfect and I am sporting a lovely tan in the great white north!

I will definitely post lots of information about my 2 weeks onboard, but here are a few highlights that cannot wait.....

I received an invitation to dine at the Captain's table for the 1st Formal Night of my 2nd week onboard :D It was a fantastic experience and I will post more details....

I also recevied an invitation from the Captain to join him and his team on the Bridge for sailaway from St. Maarten!!!!! I think this was even more spectacular than the dinner!!!!! It was amazing to be on the bridge listening and watching as the orders are given to various people to prepare the ship for sailaway. I took a lot of pics and will try and post them as soon as possible. Our flight landed at midnight last night and I am still trying to catch up on life!!!

Stay tuned......:):)

Oh Robyn that is so cool that you got to do 2 of the rarest things these days, captain's table and bridge for sailaway! You deserve it for all you have done to promote the AOS and diffuse stereotypes and misconceptions!

Hi guys, I'm here :rolleyes:

Just a really crazy week back in the office and I haven't had much time to spend on here :eek:

I haven't even downloaded my pics yet!!!! I promise I will get to it.....soon. In the meantime I am happy to answer any and all questions....:)

Hi Robyn! Wow! Your pictures are fantastic!! Hubby and I and kids- boy-17, girl-11, can hardly wait to get on AOS this Sunday-13th. Any helpful hints you can give us would be great! Few questions...are MDR tables assigned? Can we choose? If so, how and when...we have early seating. Then we have the same table all week?

Is water on board really fine to drink? I have a very sensitive " system" and don't want any problems for the week, but also find the bottled water prices on board crazy! Thought about trying to take a case onboard...what's the AOS like with this? I've seen so many different answers to this question...At the Windjammer etc., I assume you have to pay for bottled water?

Do you " pre-tip" your room attendant? Head waiter? Sorry for all the questions...but it looks like you are THE expert! Cheers! Deb.

Hi Robyn I'm glad you had such a great cruise. I love your pictures and can hardly wait to get back on AOS.

Can you tell me on what side the ship docked in Barbados, St Lucia, Antigua, St Maarten & St Croix?

Who was the CD and did you like him/her?

Did they change up the entertainment for each week? The ice show, production shows, headliner.

Hi Robyn I'm glad you had such a great cruise. I love your pictures and can hardly wait to get back on AOS.

Can you tell me on what side the ship docked in Barbados, St Lucia, Antigua, St Maarten & St Croix?

Did they change up the entertainment for each week? The ice show, production shows, headliner.

I can tell you that I saw the same production and ice show three years in a row so I highly doubt that they were different over a two week b2b.

I can tell you that I saw the same production and ice show three years in a row so I highly doubt that they were different over a two week b2b.

I understand these things are expensive to mount, but come on. If they want us to cruise repeatedly they need to change the shows (and the menu!) more often.

Can anyone confirm if DeDe is still on Adventure? Somebody has posted on the Concierge thread that the concierge is now Georgina???? I'm sure DeDe said she would be onboard for the transatlantic on 1 May?

Thanks.

I understand these things are expensive to mount, but come on. If they want us to cruise repeatedly they need to change the shows (and the menu!) more often.

There was one show that I really didn't like that they were doing for three years straight on Adventure. The next year I decide to sail on Independence's 8 night itinerary and guess which show got moved to that ship.....:rolleyes:

There was one show that I really didn't like that they were doing for three years straight on Adventure. The next year I decide to sail on Independence's 8 night itinerary and guess which show got moved to that ship.....:rolleyes:

Hahahaha! Murphy's law in action! :D

Hello....i haven't seen this on here but has anyone played golf in Puerto Rico post or pre cruise? We are spending 3 days pre-cruise and would like for the hubby to get some T-time, thanks!

Adventure's 6 hole course is good enough for me.... and right about my ability level.;):D

Can anyone confirm if DeDe is still on Adventure? Somebody has posted on the Concierge thread that the concierge is now Georgina???? I'm sure DeDe said she would be onboard for the transatlantic on 1 May?

Thanks.

I chatted with DeDe a few weeks ago on FB chat, and she said she would be returning to the AOS........?

The CD was Anthony Richards - he was okay, no real complaints.....but I have had better CD's :rolleyes:

The entertainment (headliners and comedians) were different each week, but the RCI production shows and ice shows were the exact same. In fact, the ice show is the same one that has been running for the past 3 years, so I didn't bother going to see it.

Barbados - Port

St. Lucia - Starboard

Antigua - Port

St. Maarten - Starboard

St. Croix - Port

Hope this helps?

Hi Robyn!

Welcome back! Have a couple of embarkation day questions for you.

1. What time did you arrive at the pier?

2. Since I'm assuming you got there early, was it hot and did they offer you water?

3. Are there bathroom facilities available outside if you need them before they let you inside or will they let you inside if necessary?

4. What time did they finally let you inside?

5. How long of a wait was it then until you were actually able to board the ship?

6. Are the cabins available at 1:00 or 1:30?

7. What did you do for sailaway? Topside? Inside? Your balcony?

I think that should do it for the moment! Thanks for the pix.

Theresa

I am SO sorry Theresa.......I didn't check in on the thread before you left on your cruise :(

I am sure you are having a fabulous time!!!! :D

Adventure's 6 hole course is good enough for me.... and right about my ability level.;):D

The mini-golf course has 9 holes on the Adventure :o:p I know this because there was some serious whoooop ass going on when I played DH and DD!!!!!

Robyn .... I'm ready to pack & feel for my coworkers as I'm in vacation mode but must work till Friday afternoon.

Were you able to get a picture of 8316? What is the story on the luggage valet program at end of the cruise? (I don't remember what we were told if we didn't use it .... and always have ...) Can you tell me what we do without luggage valet? Does RCI get our luggage tags for the airline & boarding passes still?

Archived