Convince me...Sovereign or nothing?

skyw

We are on a budget....(already went on a big family vacation). We want to do a get away for just DH and I. Would I be disappointed with Sovereign? Background info...

Carnival Sensation...hated it

Radiance...loved it

Disney Wonder....loved it.

We would eat in the Windjammer and we are active people. We like sports etc.

thanks

The Sovereign was our first cruise back in 2002. Since then, she underwent a major refurbishment and they have added a few things. My sister just came back in October and said its great. They now have a Johnny Rockets. They have a sports deck, rock climbing wall, etc. I don't think you will be at all disappointment in this ship at all.

I have only been on the bigger ships, until I went on the Granduer and then the Sovereign....let me tell you I thought I would be so disappointed, but I wasn't...Hubby and I just loved the size of the Sovereign. The crew is one of the friendliest...you can't go wrong on the Sovereign!!

My husband and I went on the SOS in March of 2006. We had a GREAT time, our cabin was very clean, (a little small), the ship was clean, the food was good, service was great, Drinks were Great too!

Also, we really like Coco Cay, it was very relaxing!

You really shouldn't worry, you'll have fun.

It really might be helpful to know why you "hated" your Carnival cruise since you have said very little about yourself that would give one much insight as to things on a cruise ship that you might NOT like. Care to elaborate? If not, I guess all I can add is that you've sailed three times and you liked two out of three so I guess odds are you'll like this one too.

A few months ago Travel Channel did a short series (about 5 shows) on the dry dock and complete refurbishment of the Sovereign. They practically gutted the whole interior of the ship and made it over to what is now almost a brand new ship (inside anyway). A few of my friends sailed on her since the refurbishment and said it was wonderful. I don't think you can go wrong on that ship. Enjoy!!!! ;)

It really might be helpful to know why you "hated" your Carnival cruise since you have said very little about yourself that would give one much insight as to things on a cruise ship that you might NOT like. Care to elaborate? If not, I guess all I can add is that you've sailed three times and you liked two out of three so I guess odds are you'll like this one too.

We were on the Carnival Sensation about 8 years ago. We got bored on sea days. There wasn't enough to do for us. We lay out in the sun for a few hours on sea days but really liked to do other outdoor activities. oh yeah, the food wasn't very good and the chair hogging was darn right nasty. I went to the potty and all my stuff was dumped on the ground and my chair was gone. I was gone for 5 minutes.

The way I look at it...a bad day on a cruise is still better than a good day at work! :p

But seriously...my husband and I are going this weekend on Sovereign again for the 2nd time around...had such a good time last year doing a whole lot of nothing (HAHA) that we want to go again!...were on her last year the first time...great for a long weekend getaway to refresh yourself...nice staff.....great food , cabin was a little small but as with anything you get what you pay for....but you don't spend much time in it anyway....the dualing pianos at nite was a blast!!!!!!!! Probably the most I've laughed in a long time....but don't get caught not singing!!!!

"T minus 3 days and counting!!!!!" Is it time yet!!!!!! :D

yes when you have cruised those bigger ships this is smaller but like I said you get what you pay for and it is only 4 days so who cares!! If you wanted a bigger ship and fancier taste than you should have gone for that granny!:rolleyes:

I really disliked the Sovereign. My least favorite cruise of all. The ship is too small and old for my taste.

I'd spend the money and go away for a long weekend on land before I'd sail that ship again.

So far everyone likes it. What about going in March. Is it water temps cold? What is a good way to add a day of vacation?

I love the Sovereign and will be sad to see her go. Water temps can be cool at that time in the Bahama's. Just something that you will have to check out.

I have some photos of the Sovereign in my link below. She is a great ship for the weekend get aways.:)

I've been on Sovereign twice...back when she was doing 5 day cruises. We loved her both times. Since then I've been on the Sensation (have the same opinion you had...lol) and a few others.

I was thinking about adding Sovereign to our Sept WDW trip. There are some great deals to be had on Sovereign.

As far as Bahamas in March, it will be cool at night but high 70's during the day.

Archived