Men's Beach Cover-up

mollyanne

Have not seen those around for years,but i do remember them.

We had one a couple of years ago for DS when he was about 3...It was by OP (Ocean Pacific) It was yellow,with a hood,and had surf boards,,and a matching navy swin trunk with boards around the bottom...It was awesome..especially for a young one just getting out of the water..and then being able to walk about town or the ship....It hung just below the waste,and zipped...loved it.

They're actually out there!! This peaked my interest because I remembered a terry lined button up shirt my dad wore back in the 60's with his swimming trunks. When I found this site I was in stitches...all I could picture was my big strong husband and BIL headed to the pool in these with their beach bags...:p:p If you REALLY are interested here's the site:http://www.nextag.com/Pants--zzbeach+coverupsz2700382zB6z5---html

I agree with the others. I'd suggest a t shirt. Most of the men's trunks now look like bathing suits, so a coverup to cover his trunks really isn't necessary. otherwise, he can always put on a pair of wider legged shorts over his trunks.

I agree, I think a terry coverup would look too much like a bathrobe on a man. I think it was a style a LONG time ago, but I haven't seen a man in a terry coverup in ages.

They're not made of terry cloth, but how about what we called a 'baja' in my former surfer-chick lifestyle? (Back in the 70s in the Los Angeles area.) All the surfer guys wore them. Just watch out for spontaneous exclamations of "DUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!"

I googled 'baja shirt' and got many hits, including this one:

http://www.wholesalecentral.com/sercal0001/store.cfm?event=showcatalog&catid=73347

Robin

Thanks to all who took me seriously:). He really wants some kind of cover-up - more than just a T-shirt. I did find a couple of the ones shown before I posted this but the sizes weren't right. He does have (and has LOVED) baja shirts! Thanks for the suggestions.

Darn and I thought things were getting interesting...By the title I thought maybe someone had a new mystery novel to discuss!!

My SO wouldn't be caught dead in one of these get ups!

To each his own.:)

And why would I be discussing a mystery novel on the Fashion Pages - hmmmm?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Hi All:

I am having NO LUCK in finding a cover-up for my husband. He would like something in a terry cloth. Any ideas?:confused:

Thanks in advance!

Wow, tough crowd!

I don't think they make exactly what you are looking for anymore. My suggestion would be a solid pair of swim trunks with a cotton Hawaiian-style, button-down, collared shirt. This will be loose-fitting and comfortable for your husband and would be very acceptable should you be going from beach to a casual lunch or bar, and I would say even for excursions.