Men's Beach Cover-up

mollyanne

All I can picture in my mind is my Dad in the 60s, wearing his matching suit and "jacket"--white background with ORANGE coral branches. The jacket was terry lined, of course!

He thought he was pretty stylin'...

Good luck on the hunt!

• 4 years later...

LOL @ the critics. Years ago my wife "educated" me on the art of fashion - especially as its lost to most men. Yea I WAS hesitant to wear certain of her suggestions (like wouldn't be caught dead mentioned above) - but once I started wearing more variety in my casual clothes I sooooo noticed that positive attention from the females increased. SO who CARES what other men think? I aint out to impress them!

Depending on the environment pool or beach side I wear (unless CO) bikini, mid length trunks or board shorts.

Board shorts and mids are easy - a nice (Tommy Bahamas) type of button up (over sized to reach and cover the wet areas).

WIth mids or bikinis - board shorts serve as a cover - but when jaunting from pool to bar (or restroom) its a bit of a hassle to drag boardshorts on. A pareo (dark colors) is stylish (but can be scary if not in an island setting), wrap pants are very convenient and super comfortable. Either work well with a nice oversized button up or open sided exercise shirt.

Linens are a manly fabric - ya may want to avoid fabrics that give him the heebie jeebies (like satins, nylons and silks) and experiment. Its only clothes!

Have not seen those around for years,but i do remember them.

We had one a couple of years ago for DS when he was about 3...It was by OP (Ocean Pacific) It was yellow,with a hood,and had surf boards,,and a matching navy swin trunk with boards around the bottom...It was awesome..especially for a young one just getting out of the water..and then being able to walk about town or the ship....It hung just below the waste,and zipped...loved it.

They're actually out there!! This peaked my interest because I remembered a terry lined button up shirt my dad wore back in the 60's with his swimming trunks. When I found this site I was in stitches...all I could picture was my big strong husband and BIL headed to the pool in these with their beach bags...:p:p If you REALLY are interested here's the site:http://www.nextag.com/Pants--zzbeach+coverupsz2700382zB6z5---html

I remember those sets from years and years ago.

They were swim trunks and matching, terry lined button front shirts and were called cabana sets. Oh word...... I can't remember the last time I saw such a set. :D

DH wears swim shorts (close to knee length) and polo jersey or t-shirt.

Edited by sail7seas

He could do a David Beckham and wear a Sarong:D:D

My OH just puts a shirt back on if we need to go eat, wc, bar etc..

I pictured what I thought the OP was talking about, as I actually have those terry toweling cover ups for guys in my day spa but they are only for around the waist whereas the ladies gowns go around the bust line. They both have velcro and wrap around fasten. I actually shove my own in for cabin scruffs as I call it, it's a pro one but gorgeous, plush/fluffy and leopard skin, maybe I should get one for my dearest! Meow!:eek:

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

Hi All:

I am having NO LUCK in finding a cover-up for my husband. He would like something in a terry cloth. Any ideas?:confused:

Thanks in advance!

I remember those. My favorite actor Sean Connery wore one in Dr No. If I remember correctly it was to small for him. lol I doubt you will find anything like this in the States. My DH would just do a tee shirt also. Plus, it seems to me they would be very warm when worn. Good luck! Let us know if you find one.

My husband just has a Hawaiian shirt he uses to go to and from the pool, and for shore excursions he has a pair of loose shorts to use over the swim suit, or board shorts. On our last cruise a little over a month ago there was a couple that used the room robes that you get in your stateroom , you know the white waffle ones, well they looked pretty out of place, but to each there own. As long as they were having a good time. Who is anyone to judge another persons choices.

Cori

• 2 weeks later...