2009 itineraries

airhose

In spite any price increases, just booked a b-2-b :Istanbul to Barcelona and Barcelona to Miami for a total of 28 days.The former sailing is not available for 2008, so there is nothing against which one can compare. The latter leg does not seem to be that much of an increase in the cabin category we booked.

Life is very good!

Here is the thing meow..prices are going up everywhere (look at dry cereal and gas) if you want to go on Oceania the best time to book is early and increase or not, they will be sold out for 2009..of that I have no doubt!

Regards,

Jan

Does anyone know when the itinerary for the November,2009 Amazon cruise will be available? I'm also looking at another Oceania cruise that is already announced for November, and would like to make a decision while the lowest price for the first cruise is still in effect.

Does anyone know when the itinerary for the November,2009 Amazon cruise will be available? I'm also looking at another Oceania cruise that is already announced for November, and would like to make a decision while the lowest price for the first cruise is still in effect.

Call your TA, they will know.

Jan

I have just looked at the two prices - 2008 and 2009 for the Barcelona to Miami itinerary, which is exactly the same itinerary for both years and the prices in 2009 believe it or not are a little bit cheaper than in 2008!

Even though I only have the 40% off price for 2008 and I have the 2 for 1 for 2009, if you get in early now, you will be getting a good price.

Jennie

"40% off" is in itself (60% of list) 20% higher than "2 for 1" (50%). So to compare apples with apples, you either buy both early (a year ahead at 50%) or both late (only a few months ahead at 60%). If you compare late purchase for 2008 with early purchase for 2009, then it is like comparing last year's exchange rate with this year's!

Ouch!! We just got a quote for the 16 day London to Rome in Sept 09. The itinerary is just what we were looking for. Without air it's $594 a day for two. Not sure if I can swing that. We're paying $433 a day for our Princess cruise to Greece this year. I know, Oceania, Princess, apples, oranges :)

Ouch!! We just got a quote for the 16 day London to Rome in Sept 09. The itinerary is just what we were looking for. Without air it's $594 a day for two. Not sure if I can swing that. We're paying $433 a day for our Princess cruise to Greece this year. I know, Oceania, Princess, apples, oranges :)

We just booked an April 11, 2009 Oceania, Insignia cruise with an awesome itinerary. Oceania is offering 2 for 1 plus free air fare so the rate for oceanview C1 is $3,399 pp before taxes. After taxes, etc. it's around $4,373 and that includes transfers. It's a wonderful itinerary and port intensive. Ten days, ten ports such as Provence, Monte Carlo, Sardinia, St. Tropez, etc. etc. Found a great travel agent and we're getting great perks. Let me know if you'd like more information. I am even more excited about this trip after reading a book about cruising in Europe.

I notice you were in Rome. We'll be staying two days in Rome after disembarkation and are in the process of getting information on hotels. OK, call me crazy. The cruise isn't for another 13 months, but I like to get information well in advance.

Thanks.

Perhaps this will give you a different perspective:

14 day 2008 London to BCN, 10798 ( brochure fare ) for B1

16 days 2009 London to Rome,( 2 additional ports) 11198 for B1.

That's $200 extra ( at 2 for 1 pricing) for 2 extra days, in very attractive ports. Sounds pretty good to me. Already booked.:D Significant difference in cuisine and service compared to X.

In case you're talking about PH1, it's 14598 for 2008, and 14798 for 2009, even better deal!

E-mail me if you want my TA's info to get another quote.( difference is not going to be huge)

That's $200 extra ( at 2 for 1 pricing) for 2 extra days, in very attractive ports. Sounds pretty good to me. Already booked.:D Significant difference in cuisine and service compared to X.

In case you're talking about PH1, it's 14598 for 2008, and 14798 for 2009, even better deal!

E-mail me if you want my TA's info to get another quote.( difference is not going to be huge)

One of the keys is that you need to look at a similar sailing date in each year. For example, a 14 day Stockholm to Dover A2 Cabin is $12,198 brochure price for the 8/8/09 sailing yet only $11,798 for a 06/01/09 sailing. The comparative price for a 7/30/08 sailing is $11,198. So in this case, it is about a 9% increase.

Hey stranger!! how are you? Is that including your air from Calgary? My quote was $9,500 without air and I think $12,000 with air from Vancouver but for a B2. But I think we're going to pass. As much as I love the itinerary, Bernie wants to do France by land so we're looking and Honfleur for four days, then down to Bordeaux for around the same, then into the Dordogne and finish off with a week in Provence.

One of the keys is that you need to look at a similar sailing date in each year. For example, a 14 day Stockholm to Dover A2 Cabin is $12,198 brochure price for the 8/8/09 sailing yet only $11,798 for a 06/01/09 sailing. The comparative price for a 7/30/08 sailing is $11,198. So in this case, it is about a 9% increase.

He is looking at comparable dates. For this itinerary, the 08 is Sept. 10, the 09 is Sept. 19.

I notice you were in Rome. We'll be staying two days in Rome after disembarkation and are in the process of getting information on hotels. OK, call me crazy. The cruise isn't for another 13 months, but I like to get information well in advance.

Thanks.

Hi there, we did stay in Rome for a few days at the Westin which was lovely, but their prices are insane. We were able to use points. There are lots of good tips on Rome Hotels on the Europe board. Sorry!

..... Is that including your air from Calgary? My quote was $9,500 without air and I think $12,000 with air from Vancouver but for a B2. .......

Using quotes for B1 and subtracting the $199 YYC Air Add On, cost per person from YVR is $5367( assuming $500 cruise only credit) , and $6346 with air.

Your $9500 sounds awfully inexpensive.

This is one cruise that's cheaper, on a per diem basis, in 2009 . Too bad you're not part of it.:o

Using quotes for B1 and subtracting the $199 YYC Air Add On, cost per person from YVR is $5367( assuming $500 cruise only credit) , and $6346 with air.

Your $9500 sounds awfully inexpensive.

This is one cruise that's cheaper, on a per diem basis, in 2009 . Too bad you're not part of it.:o

Well maybe I should e:mail you my travel agent :) I do believe if I took the air quote there was an extra $250 transfers. That might have been included in your quote. Either way, I'll e:mail you off line.

Hi there, we did stay in Rome for a few days at the Westin which was lovely, but their prices are insane. We were able to use points. There are lots of good tips on Rome Hotels on the Europe board. Sorry!

Thanks for your reply. I'll check the boards. How do I check a Europe board?

Thanks for your reply. I'll check the boards. How do I check a Europe board?

If you go to the main directory that shows all of the different boards, towards the bottom is a Ports of Call section, click on Europe and then click on the Med. Section.

Enjoy!

If you go to the main directory that shows all of the different boards, towards the bottom is a Ports of Call section, click on Europe and then click on the Med. Section.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the information. Didn't know how to navigate there.

Archived