2009 itineraries

airhose

The reason for the individual requests is that the itineraries that are being requested would probably swamp the CC server. Any idea for what you are asking? Better the individual requests, as long as the sender doesn't mind!:rolleyes:

AussieGal: You've been very helpful to many requests -- here's one more! I am the OP interested in the athens to miami transatlantic in november. Do they still offer it, or something similar, in '09? My TA has phoned Oceania and they told her it will be next week before the itineraries are released. We will soon be away on vacation, and I don't want to miss out!

Thanks.

Airhose,

They have changed the itinerary for 2009 and we were disappointed as we going to book this cruise if it had of been the same as 2008. We are now going on the Prinsendam for 24 days leaving from Athens on the 1st Nov. You should take a look at that itinerary as well.

OCT 31 - Regatta 14 Days - ISTANBUL* to BARCELONA - Kusadasi, Limassol, Haifa*, Cairo (Port Said), Alexandria, Aghios Nikolaos (Crete), Valletta, La Goulette

NOV 14 - Regatta 14 Days - BARCELONA to MIAMI - Tangier (Morocco), Funchal (Madeira), Hamilton (Bermuda)* The star means it is an overnight stay.

Jennie

• Administrators
Is it really necessary that the itineraries be requested on an individual basis?

Why doesn't somebody just POST THEM??

Or do we enjoy that feeling of importance?

Although a little harsh in their delivery, JimandStan are essentially correct. The main reason being most people should not be posting their email addresses in plain view on ANY message board on the Internet. Period. I can certainly understand why they wouldn't want to post theirs....and true, too, these boards are for sharing.

You know, once someone puts something out there -- you cannot take it back or control it any longer. That goes for email addresses -- and itineraries that someone has sent you.

Laura

This post is making me curiouser and curiouser. Is there a way I can learn before Monday what Oceania's offerings are in the Med in June '09?? Don't even care if I can't learn prices yet-- but would love to know if there's a cruise out there on Oceania that'd interest us. Eager to give the line a try. Thanks!!

Hi. I just got an email from a travel agency and here is a cruise we're thinking of taking. It's on June 17, 2009. Don't know which Oceania ship.

The word "Riviera" bears a certain cachet that conjures up a treasure-trove of wonderful images, all of which can be experienced on this voyage. Visit Palma de Mallorca, Spain; Provence and St. Tropez, France; Monte Carlo, Monaco and the Italian jewels Portofino, Florence/Pisa, Olbia/Porto Cervo, Amalfi/Positano and an overnight stay in Sorrento/Capri

Hi Wendy-- I did manage to get the itineraries. So now I'll stare at things over the weekend and hopefully be able either to book with Oceania early next week or finally bite the bullet and book good ol' Voyager for a September '09 cruise. (Our problem is that September is smack in the middle of hurricane season, and our house/property is very vulnerable. Makes us uneasy to be far away during the most active months.)

In fact, several of Oceania's '09 cruises interest me very much. The two sticking points (as you know) are the smaller bed size and the awful-sounding bathroom. I absolutely don't need marble and gilt, extravagant furnishings, etc-- but I don't think I'd be happy with a quite cramped, "plastic" bathroom. The beds, I think, are somewhat larger than a standard U.S. queen, so I think we'd be ok there. And the bathrooms in penthouse level suites are somewhat larger than the others. So maybe that'd be ok. But the ph rooms are right under the pool deck-- not a good position for us super noise sensitive animals.

I hope you're finding plenty to whet your appetite for a possible Oceania cruise of your own. They certainly have a variety of offerings and a loyal following.

Yeah, I'm trying to persuade my husband. We're in the middle of a move, and so the timing is bad, I think we'll have to wait and see what's still available after we sell our house, which will be some time in April. Housing market is very buoyant here, no worries on that score, but want to see the $$$ first. We're committed to a 14-day Paul Gauguin cruise in December, but have nothing book for 2009 yet at all. We may stick to land while we are still mobile.

Good luck with your own machinations!

Galaxy,

This is the only itinerary that has a few Norwegian ports included:

JUL 13 - Regatta 12 Days - DOVER to DOVER - Edinburgh (Leith), Invergordon, Lerwick (Shetland Islands), Alesund, Geiranger (Nordfjord), Hellesylt, Belfast, Dublin, Waterford, Fowey

Jennie

Sorry, my dear, but you are way off base! In fact, your response made absolutely no sense. I have no problem putting my e-mail address on these boards. Sometimes there issues that I would not want to air on CC. Other times it might be to address personal issues. Other times it just makes sense not to post info that would be better suited to a one on one situation.

JimandStan seem to have a problem with what AussieGal is doing. I do not. I commend her.

Leonid,

Thanks for that. I posted a reply to Jim and Stan last night but it was removed by Laura and I think she was replying to me. I was upset with their post and was only trying to explain why I was sending the itineraries by email. I have never been attacked before on C.C. by a poster and have been a member for many years.

By the way my reply was courteous and I cannot understand why it was removed. I was only pointing out that this board is for questions and answers from those of us that love cruising.

Jennie

Galaxy,

This is the only itinerary that has a few Norwegian ports included:

JUL 13 - Regatta 12 Days - DOVER to DOVER - Edinburgh (Leith), Invergordon, Lerwick (Shetland Islands), Alesund, Geiranger (Nordfjord), Hellesylt, Belfast, Dublin, Waterford, Fowey

Jennie

Thanks,Aussie Gal :)

Wow! JimandStan sure got unduly beat up for expressing an opinion. I have drawn a lot of abuse from posters in the past, and yet I manage to struggle onward. Part of being a grownup is developing a thick skin, especially when fellow posters are internet acquaintances. It takes all kinds to make up a world, and all types of opinions. Viva la difference.

Regards to JandS. And to Aussie Girl as well.

BeBe

P.S. JandS have a lot of valuable insights.

Aussie Gal: Your post on the b-2-b was certainly timely for me. Rather than do a Barcelona to Istanbul and a Barcelona to Miami later in the year, I asked my TA to see if she can get us the suite we want on the 28 day b-2-b. It seems smarter to fly to Europe once(Istanbul) than twice to Barcelona and back from Istanbul.

Twenty-eight days will be the longest cruise yet. To date, we longest has been a 21 day Hong Kong to Sydney sailing in 1997.

Yes, and you know what, the 12 day voyage Venice to Athens category B2 for October, 2008 which we booked last Summer at $4199 has become $4799 for the same category and journey and the same ship for the same month of 2009. That is an increase of some 15%. Can anyone tell me which other cruise line has increases of the same percentage?

We're booked in our favorite cabin for the 6/27 Barcelona/Istanbul and the 11/25 Barcelona/Rio!!

Well' date=' Fran and Dooley, we will miss you again! We just booked Norway from Dover to Dover on July 11th...[/size']

Thoroughly enjoyed the return to Sydney from Auckland. And we were happy to see you in Auckland as you waited for airport transit

Dick & Vivian

Just booked Stockholm to London this morning for June of 09 and it's only $100 more than last year. That isn't counting the fuel surcharge though which we haven't paid before.
A cursory check of Oceania's own website shows the "brochure price" of a two-week London to Stockholme in mid June 2008 to be $9,998 for B2 and in mid 2009 to be $11,198. That is an increase of 12%. Of course, your actual price depends on the discount (usually between 40 and 50%). If you book early in both cases and get the initial "2 for 1", you will have to pay 12% more from 2008 to 2009. Perhaps that is the consequence of the US$ but for so many that depend on it, it is a hefty increase!

Meow-

Why do you think that the entire O fleet sails Europe ?

Following your comment, I checked Oceania's own website, for a 12 day Caribbean cruise, Miami to Miami, the brochure price for March 2008 (this month) for a B2 (basic balcony) is $5,798 while that for February, 2009 (the latest month prices are published) is $6,798. That is an increase of 17+%. Again, of course, it depends on the discount you get (usually from 40 to 50%), but if you book both early to get the initial price, you still pay 17% more from 2008 to 2009. That is even steeper than European voyages!

Archived