2009 itineraries

airhose

I'm contemplating a celebratory retirement cruise in fall '09:), and was wondering if Oceania's itineraries change much from year to year? From what I've read recently on this board, the new ones should be out around March. The transatlantic from Athens to Miami for Nov. '08 looks interesting!

• 5 weeks later...

The 2009 itineraries look quite similar to the yesteryears. However, the prices are ever increasing - I have a feeling that it has increased nearly 50% over the five years from 2004 to 2009. Other cruise lines' prices also increase, but typically by not as much. Of course, pricing depends on market forces and I have yet to comprehend the mechanism of how Oceania managed it!

Where did you find the prices? On the email out I only have the itineraries.

I read it somewhere the other day (cannot be mentioned). Suffice it to say that we paid $3,200 for a 14 day Barcelona to Venice in April, 2004 and the price for 2009 for the same B category is close to $4,800! (On Oceania's own website, for the same itinerary and category at "2 for 1" free air in October this year, it is already $4,600)

P.S. Since you are one of the main posters on Oceania's Australian pricing and the potential "alternatives", did you follow up on the lead in our previous thread on this column? Any results from that research?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=13282796#post13282796

Meow,

We booked a cruise for 2009 on HAL's Prinsendam, a ship we love as it is also small. I was interested in seeing what Oceania was offering for the similar cruise - it is a 24 day Transatlantic in November. Unfortunately, Oceania has changed its itinerary for 2009 and as we have been to most of the ports Oceania is offering, we are staying with our booking on the Prinsendam.

The T.A.(in the U.S.) I used would have booked either HAL or Oceania for us and we could of cancelled HAL's cruise at no loss but it is by far the better cruise now. I was just interested in comparing the prices.

I haven't followed up on Silverseas as we don't know what we want to do in 2010. My sister has cruised on Silverseas a number of times and loves that experience. She is trying Seabourn in November for the first time.

Jennie

Aussie Gal,

We too booked HAl Prisnendam but in May, for 30 days.

We loved the size of the ship and suites as well as the European and Black sea ports at which O does not stop. The suite amenities are also very appealing especially the private lounge.

Enjoy your HAL cruise and let us all know how it compares.:)

This post is making me curiouser and curiouser. Is there a way I can learn before Monday what Oceania's offerings are in the Med in June '09?? Don't even care if I can't learn prices yet-- but would love to know if there's a cruise out there on Oceania that'd interest us. Eager to give the line a try. Thanks!!

orchestrapal,

We did the Black Sea cruise on the Prinsendam in October, 2004. We left from Athens and finished in Venice. It was a great cruise and we think Captain Gundersen is one of the best around. He has been with the ship since it was first built.

Jennie

For those of you with the itinerary info, is it possible to check the Baltic trips? I was told they are only going in June of 09 instead of June, July and Aug. Is there a way to see this information? I've been searching this site and checked Oceania's web site but don't see anything. Thanks in advance!

whiskers9,

The Regatta will be doing the Baltic cruises - Dover to Stockholm and vice versa - 14 days each cruise.

The dates are as follows: June 1st, June 15th, June 29th, July 25th, Aug 8th and Aug 22nd.

Hope this helps with your planning.

Jennie

AussieGal: You've been very helpful to many requests -- here's one more! I am the OP interested in the athens to miami transatlantic in november. Do they still offer it, or something similar, in '09? My TA has phoned Oceania and they told her it will be next week before the itineraries are released. We will soon be away on vacation, and I don't want to miss out!

Thanks.

Is there a reason everyone wants these 2009 itineraries ASAP? Do Oceania's cruises sell out quickly? I haven't sailed on Oceania before, but I'm thinking about a Med cruise in spring or fall 2009 if the itinerary is better than what Regent is offering. If I want to book with Oceania, particularly in a PH, do I need to book soon? I was hoping not to have to make a decision this early.

Thanks

They will be posted on the Oceania website next week, just as previously announced...

However, some advance notices were released and were leaked out. It doesn't give anyone any kind of advantage as NO bookings will be accepted by Oceania until their official release.

Archived