Barcelona Hotels - Recommendations (merged)

We stayed at the Hotel Pulitzer last November. It is next door to the Regina. Both hotels are managed by the same company. The Regina looked very nice. It has a Starbucks on one side. The hotels are in a great location. There is a wonderful Cortes Ingles just a few minutes away. The Cortes Ingles has a great selection of clothing and good discounted items. On the bottom floor they have a pharmacy with shampoo, etc in case you forgot anything or didn't want to bring it along. I only travel with carryon so I was glad to purchase some tollietries in Barcelona before the cruise. We ate at a restaurant called ME which I highly recommend. Also went to Comerc 24 and Bar Mut. All were great. Make sure you go to Casa Batlo. Some people skip it and only see Casa Mila (La Pedera). I preferred Batlo. Sagrada Familia is fantastic. Went to the Musica de Palau. Interesting tour and great guide but not a must see. Great shopping in El Born. Have a great trip!

A few posts above I indicated that I just returned from this hotel. I had read great reviews on trip advisor and this hotel was great. It was approx. 20 euros from the airport and about 20 minutes by taxi, Or you can take the airport shuttle to the Plaza. This hotel is at the top of La Rambla next door to Hotel Pulitzer and Starbucks. Great location and the Hop on-off bus is just around the corner. To the port it was about 10-15 minutes by taxi.

We had a family room which was fantastic, plasma tv, king bed, 2 single beds kind of in their own room and a beautiful, large bathroom. There was a bathtub with shower as well as a shower and all the supplies necessary.

Looking for suggestions on a decent place to stay in Barcelona. We would prefer 150 Euro or less, much less LOL. I have read thru the old searches, would like something a little more up to date.

Thanks Greg and Maxx

You may get a quicker response if you post on the Europe thread. We stayed at the Continental Palacete (pre-cruise) and rented an apartment (post- cruise).

Agree to this. Us, we stay at the Cusi-Grande house in Badalona. But, that's because they're our "Spanish Daughter's" real parents. :cool: It's a foriegn exchange student thing.

We stayed at both of the Continental sister hotels - Barcelona (pre-cruise) and Palacete (post-cruise). Palacete is the more upscale sister. But the Barcelona was great too and I see they are still offering balony rooms overlooking Las Ramblas for $112EU.

Prices for both hotels include all taxes and a 24 hour buffet including free beer. Use to include free wine but I believe you have to pay for that now. Also free internet is provided.

Check out their website: Hotel Continental

Also, as has been mentioned, you will find a wealth of information on the Mediterranean - Eastern & Western Ports of Call forum.

We stayed at both of the Continental sister hotels - Barcelona (pre-cruise) and Palacete (post-cruise). Palacete is the more upscale sister. But the Barcelona was great too and I see they are still offering balony rooms overlooking Las Ramblas for $112EU.

Prices for both hotels include all taxes and a 24 hour buffet including free beer. Use to include free wine but I believe you have to pay for that now. Also free internet is provided.

Check out their website: Hotel Continental

Also, as has been mentioned, you will find a wealth of information on the Mediterranean - Eastern & Western Ports of Call forum.

Totally agree with this! Have stayed in both properties, easy to make reservations online and great location. They had computers set up in a common area to use the free internet. Also want to ditto the advice to check out the Europe board!

My first choice in doing my own research was the Continental. the free beer is a big seller LOL. Actually I also was looking at the H10, same area. Thanks for the responses. So far so good. Thanks Greg

we[four adults],have reserved an apartment in barcelona for three nights.very good deal-3br.2bath.large kitchen and living room with small patio and views from all rooms.works out to aprox 1oo euros each and is close to market.

Looking for suggestions on a decent place to stay in Barcelona. We would prefer 150 Euro or less, much less LOL. I have read thru the old searches, would like something a little more up to date.

Thanks Greg and Maxx

Hello,

Just completed ALOT of research on hotels on Barcelona. We have selected Ciutat De Barcelona for our post cruise stay on 5/29/08 based on reviews and friends actually visiting the hotel. They were in Barcelona last month, took a tour and gave it a major thumbs up based on the overall condition (very nice newer hotel), location (fantastic) and of course the rate! Have a wonderful trip!

Kevin & Jim

I recommend the Regencia Colon - great location!! Don't stay at the Best Western Aeropuerto, close to the airport -but sucky location.

There's also a hotel right at the airport, which would be great for a post cruise stay with an early airline departure.

Check out http://www.venere.com for other options

Based on reccomendations of our travel agent and tripadvisor reviews, we are staying at the Regencia Colon near the cathedral. It is the sister property of the Colon which is more upscale. We're paying between 120-150 euro per night in May.

Definately check reviews before you book, I've looked at many and I can't remember which one for sure, but one of the "recommended" hotels above basically has rubbermaid storage bins for furniture! It's the one with the free beer, if I remember correctly (party on dudes!). Now if that's your gig, I say go for it! But alas, it's not for us.

When we return near the end of the month, I'll post a review on tripadvisor.

Happy travels

If you ever want to splurge, try the Hilton Diagonal Mar. Lovely hotel and pretty luxurious. The breakfast buffet was wonderful. Overlooks the med and there is a 3 story shopping mall (with a grocery store) behind it for those Coca Cola/bottled water pruchases. It is close to the port.

We stayed here April 30-May 2. We found the hotel clean and unique, the staff friendly and helpful, and the location great. We didn't have a balcony so all we could see from our window were two walls and pigeons roosting. It was very quiet. We paid 92 euros. It is like going through a maze to find your room. Just overlook the gaudy wallpaper, the plastic dressers, pink bedspreads, and uneven floors. It all adds to the charm. The buffet inclues cereal, bread and rolls, fruit, orange juice and coffee--plus water, soda, and beer--anytime. There is a balcony in the eating room, so we did get to sit and people-watch a couple times from there.

It is only a 5 minite walk to the hop-on, hop-off bus and also the the bus that will take you to the airport for less that 4 euros each. We walked the length of Las Ramblas both days and found it very entertaining. Also don't miss the food market just off Las Ramblas. We also walked to La Sagrada Familia--about 2 miles.

I'm working on my review of the Emerald Princess transAtlantic which I will post soon

Betty

Just came back from Barcelona and stayed at this hotel for the 2nd time in 2 years. Good service, modern rooms and bathrooms and excellent locations ( Gran Via almost corner to Passeig de Gracia, 2 blocks from Plaza Catalunya). Sometimes you can get very good rates in their website. We paid 138 Euros per night for a double room. Excellent rate for a 4 stars hotel.

Archived