Barcelona Hotels - Recommendations (merged)

We stayed at the Apsis Atrium for five days in December 2007 before our TA cruise. We loved everything about it and will stay there again when in Barcelona. The hotel is located two blocks from all the action in the best part of Barcelona and even with the room facing the front we didn't find it noisy once the windows were closed. We asked for a front room as we wanted to have a balcony and we enjoyed the view of the street.

We pre-booked the breakfast ( a lot cheaper) and it was wonderful. Lots of choices, including capucchino, champagne and red wine (yes red wine for breakfast). We were glad to have breakfast at the hotel as there really isn't anything very close to the hotel open for breakfast. Also, the price was a lot cheaper than buying at other restaurants, unless you just want a coffee and pastry.

The room was a good size, beds comfortable and they provide wonderful amenities, including bathrobes and sleepers. We didn't use the pool. The internet is free.

We took the airporter bus to Placa Catalunia (spelling?) and walked with our luggage the two bloocks to the hotel.

I would highly recommend it.

Good Morning again all,

After comparing prices and trying to get a handle on location(and reading hotel reviews).....Le Meridien is 150 dollars more than then the same stay at the Apsis Atrium Palace for two july days precruise(1091 vs 950). This includes transfers to the pier.

I was hoping someone may have stayed in both. I know that there has been significant discussion on the "hardness" of the beds at the Atrium but that it is away from Las Ramblas so it is quieter.

Thank you for your feedback

n

I just want to be sure I understand.... Are you saying that the Apsis Atrium Palace is charging you $475 per night??!! That can't be right. I stayed at the Atrium Palace in 2006 and paid 130 euros per night( late July). I am staying there gain in late April/early May and I'm paying 140 euros per night. Even if it includes transfers to the pier (a taxi should not be more that 25 euros) , that amount is outrageous. Unless you are staying in a suite.

We are cruising April 26/08 and pre cruise we will stay at the Hotel Regina 4* next to La Rambla. According to Trip Advisor this hotel has great reviews and having previously being to Barcelona it is in the main square so you can take the Airport shuttle. Also it provides a quad room if you are a family of 4. I can let you know when I return.

We're planning to spend two days in Barcelona after our cruise next month, and are looking for a *reasonably priced* hotel. We're thinking that we'd like to stay by the airport, because our flight will leave at 8:30 a.m., and we don't want to fight too much traffic that morning. Do you have any recommendations?

Many thanks!

http://www.hotelcontinental.com/

http://www.hotelcontinental.com/home_ramblas.htm

We stayed at the Hotel Continental Barcelona, balcony room, and loved it (based on recommendations from Cruise Critic posters). It is NOT close to the airport, but it is close to the 'action'. We had an early flight too and just arranged the night before for a cab to pick us up...no problem.

Click on the link below to my Millennium Cruise Blog and scroll down a little to the last 3 days. You will see some pictures of the hotel (and of Barcelona).

Enjoy your planning.

Steve

Try the Renaissance Hotel, Barcelona Airport. The rates are good and they have a shuttle to the center of Barcelona.

Happy to hear you recommend the Renaissance.. we just booked them for our June pre cruise!

laura

We checked out all of the hotels suggested in this thread and finally found one in our price range with availability: The Hotel Continental Palacete. I'll let you know what we think once we return home...

THANKS FOR ALL OF THE RECOMMENDATIONS! :)

We are staying a couple nights Post Cruise.

Our travel agent booked us at the Melia Barcelona. Especially after reading this thread, that seems to not be conveniently located to where we want to be as tourists. She then suggested Hotel Jazz which I see many of you reccomend.

My concern - We have a 6:30 a.m. flight. Anyone know what the traffic and travel time would be like? I would think the hotel could arrange reliable car service for us. I thought of staying at an airport hotel, but the tourism site only identifies one. I welcome any thoughts.

I have been looking at the Apsis Atrium Palace, Hotel Colon, and Continental Palacete. They all seem close to Las Ramblas and Place de Catalunya. The Apsis seems to have a nice buffet included in the price, which means we can get coffee or sodas whenever. The other hotels charge about 15E pp for breakfast. I've heard mostly good about all of them. Anyone have good or bad experiences with them?

I stayed at the Regina last time, but the price is more per night for one room than 2 rooms for one night at above - just too much for one night. I am mostly interested in something clean, safe, and walking distance to some of the Gaudi buildings. Appreciate any comments or tips.

We would like to try a great Tapas (moderate price) restaurant in the above area. Any suggestions?

Linda

Think Aspsis Atrium Palace. Near all the Gaudi buildings (just a stroll away) great Tapas nearby - and the buffet is great. Hot and cold meats, cheeses, eggs cooked to order, cava, juices, pastries, great strong coffee, also great service including English movies and free internet. Would stay there again in a heartbeat. It is a renovated palace, our room faced the Grand Via and had a balcony..............so wonderful. Have a great trip. Barcelona is an enjoyable walkable city.

My wife and I have just returned from a 3 nighht stay in Barcelona. We stayed at the Hotel Casa Camper, at the extortionate rate of 270 Euros per night, but it was very comfortable, with an excellent 24 hr buffet included.

We had a suite, with every comfort and the hotel's location was ideal.

Hi CraftyMom 914,

I think the airport is only about 10 minutes from the downtown area. There is a taxi site that gives you some good info on taxis, prices, and the distance or time. Check out: www.worldtaximeter.com/barcelona/taxi_companies (there is an underline after taxi, hard to read) for some good info. I have no clue how traffic might be then, but on this site it give you an opportunity to put in two points (ie airport and your hotel), time of day, and will give you mileage and time I believe. Also, I always email the hotel and ask them a lot of questions. They do take longer to get back - so it might take several days. Another good site is: www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/airport/barcelona-airport You may have to cut and paste some of the websites, they don't always come across well on some of these postings. Hope that helps.

Linda

Thanks- I wil have to google it! The website itself gave no agress/nor neighborhood.. But the picture of the church should have been a clue.

When I tried to look at rates- none came up. Do you know a range?

Archived