Barcelona Hotels - Recommendations (merged)

As far as I know Hotel Continental is near Las Ramblas? Any hotel in Barcelona city center will be very close to the airport. No more than 20 minutes, usually even less. You should see where the hotels are regarding the main attractions in Barcelona.

Don't know what they would mean by "speciaL" room. Interior would be nice and quiet as Las Ramblas does tend to get noisy,but again I don't know what would be special about it. For what it's worth, the hotel is great-it's got a lot of character and is very clean. Shelly

I booked a room at the H10 Raco Del Pi, but I am thinking of canceling the reservation since I read on TripAdvisor that some of the rooms at the back of hotel do not have windows. Does anyone know if this is true? I emailed the hotel to request a front room, but they only offered to "try to acommodate", no guarantees. I just don't think I could spend 3 nights in a room without a window.

We stayed at Le Meridien one night post cruise. Very nice Starwood property right on Las Ramblas. Most comfortable bed in a hotel I have slept in.....and I have stayed at many 5 stars !!!!!

Our flight was at 10:30 a.m. and we left the hotel a little before 8 a.m. as we were told the morning traffic can be heavy. This was a Monday morning. We found it took almost 30 minutes to get to the airport. This still allowed us the 2 hr. window we were told was necessary.

However.... once at the airport we found a ridiculously long and SLOW line to check in. There are no self-check in kiosks and even if you checked in online (as we did in the business center at the hotel the night before) you must stand in this line to check luggage and they will issue you a new boarding pass (they will not use the one printed from the computer). This was Continental Airlines BTW.

The line took 2 hrs. - about half way thru they informed us the flight was delayed....so I guess they figured they could go even slower :eek: Security was a breeze.....but quite a long walk to our gate.

Has anyone stayed at the NH Duc de la Victoria? We are flying into Barcelona 2 days before our cruise and wanted somewhere centrally located (and walking distance) to alot of the sites. This will be our first visit to Barcelona.

I found tripadvisor.com to have good ratings for hotels. Our TA reserved rooms for us at the Comfortel Auditori in the Eixample area of Barcelona. A little out of the main areas, but close to Sagrada Familia. The ratings were all 4+ out of 5.

• 2 weeks later...

We will be doing 2 nights pre cruise in Oct in Barcelona. I am hoping to get suggestions for lodging for our family of 5 (3 young kids ages 7, 8, 13)

I am seeing that most hotels wont allow that many, and I am not comfortable with two rooms if I can avoid it.

Any apartment suggestions?

Thanks!!

Greg

I know there have been some postings on here with regards to hotels that accommodate more than 4 but unfortunately there's issues with the search.

I've found the following threads that it might be worth reviewing, you might find something there that helps as it does list hotels that have been recommended in the past.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=264642

I also vaguely remember someone mentioning that if you are interested in any specific hotels, email them to confirm whether there is a room for 5 - sometimes they're available but just not available to book through the online system.

Frances

Frances

My husband and I will be staying in Barcelona for one night pre cruise on October 29, 2008. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good hotel? Central, but not on the Ramblas (heard it is too noisy to actually stay on). A bit of luxury would be nice but not too outrageously priced.

Look forward to your recommendations.

Thanks

Lynne :)

My husband and I will be staying in Barcelona for one night pre cruise on October 29, 2008. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good hotel? Central, but not on the Ramblas (heard it is too noisy to actually stay on). A bit of luxury would be nice but not too outrageously priced.

Look forward to your recommendations.

Thanks

Lynne :)

Casa Camper is fabulous. We stayed there in March. Le Meridien is also highly recommended. Try http://www.tripadvisor.com

Archived