Barcelona Hotels - Recommendations (merged)

I sent a note to the Hotel Montecarlo and they answered right away. Here is their answer:

"We would like to inform you that we have another way to go into the hotel. Alongside of the front door, we have an elevator for a handicapped people. Also to inform you that from the front desk to the rooms we have 2 elevators adapted."

This seems to answer my question and if the stairs are too much, we can use the elevator. We may end up going with this hotel. Still discussing.

Thanks for the help.:)

Anyone ever stay in an apartment in Barcelona? I noticed that if you have a minimum of 3 nights, you can rent a 2-bedroom apartment with full kitchen for the price of a single hotel room. We've rented an apartment before our cruise with a balcony that overlooks the city park (and don't have to stay cooped up in one room and can fix light breakfast etc. from a trip to the market). Interested if any of you have had an experience with apartment rental (used VRBO to find Barcelona apartment). Have the same arrangement in Venice with an apartment just of St. Marks square with terrace and patio.

We've booked an aparthotel in Barcelona for our September cruise. We'll be staying for four nights pre-cruise at a cost of slightly over 100 Euros per night.

The apartment has a living room, dining area, bedroom, kitchen and bath. Some of the apartments have a balcony. We opted for an aparthotel because the hotel rooms in Barcelona looked cramped to me, and were very expensive for what you get. Plus, I wanted to be out of the Las Ramblas area. This place is supposedly a 15 minute walk to the sites, or there is a metro a block away. We'll try it and see how it is.

There are several aparthotels on Trip Advisor and Venere. Once we made our choice, I did some searching and booked directly with the hotel for a better price.

Mary

Greetings,

We are staying for an evening (Sep 5th) following the Norweigan Jade arrival in Barcelona and were looking at the Hotel Majestic G.L. Barcelona. Any recommendations on this place? We are looking at a superior double for about $400 for the evening.

Cheers,

YY

Stayed at the Majestic two years ago and would stay there again. We only had 24 hours in Barcelona prior to catching a cruise and just happened across this hotel. The location is incredible. Besides the numerous restaurants in the area, it was a ten minute walk to Las Ramblas. The roof top pool and bar offer amazing views of the town and Sagrada Familia. One other note - we did receive a free upgrade when checking in. Reserved the JS and gave us a Grand Suite overlooking the Passeig De Gracia with views of the Casa Batllo from our balcony and windows. This is the only place we have stayed in Barcelona so I do not have anything to compare it to, but worked well for us. Happy Travels.

Thanks to all for the great info. We will be in Barcelona for one night post cruise in May. My daughter is in a small stroller type wheelchair. We do not need a h/c room, just to be able to get her into the hotel and room. We are looking at Petite Palace Opera Garden. Now I will have a few more to check out. We were going to take a post cruise tour but may just do the city on our own.

Connie

Dear Connie

saw your name on the board and so here I am in for a chat.... Sure miss our wonderful group that we had on the Infinity.

Hope you are all well and I am sure getting excited about your TA crusie.

While you are in Barcelona if you want an excellent private guide try Gaston Magrinat who owns "Barcelona Experience" he arranged our private tour when we visited Barcelona in 2006 and did a great job for a very reasonable price.

If you want contact info just let me know..

Ann

I,m spanish, I love affordable luxury... when in Barcelona, living at Paseo de Gracia is a "must" (you,ll thank me for this). You,ve got everything, tapas, restaurants, boutiques... just walking down is a pleasure (forget about Ramblas!). There,s a very nice hotel, Condes de Barcelona : try to get a room at the old wing (or building, as they,re 2 of them). If you get a nice rate, maybe the included breakfast is worth, but just 2 steps from the hotel you,ll find terrace cafes with spanish gourmet tapas.... enjoy! and it,s very near >Majestic Hotel.

Hi Petoonya! Good to see you again!:)

Royal Ramblas for us. We'll report back on how it was!

I stayed at the Royal in 2005, we are planning on going back. Nice hotel, friendly and right on the Las Ramblas....perfect

Dorene

I,m spanish, I love affordable luxury... when in Barcelona, living at Paseo de Gracia is a "must" (you,ll thank me for this). You,ve got everything, tapas, restaurants, boutiques... just walking down is a pleasure (forget about Ramblas!). There,s a very nice hotel, Condes de Barcelona : try to get a room at the old wing (or building, as they,re 2 of them). If you get a nice rate, maybe the included breakfast is worth, but just 2 steps from the hotel you,ll find terrace cafes with spanish gourmet tapas.... enjoy! and it,s very near >Majestic Hotel.

I am searching for a hotel in November 2008 can you add any other info, I did look this hotel online it looks wonderful. Can you add any other information on the area?

Thanks

Dorene

Good Morning all,

While Ive read much about some of the most recommended hotels in Barcelona I havent found much about the Hotel Claris. It was the hotel that Samantha Brown stayed it on her show Passport to Europe-Barcelona. It looks quite nice on the website and the reviews on tripadvisor seem constructive and informative.

I was hoping for some input from these boards?

Thanks,

N

Has anyone stayed at any of these three hotels? or has any knowledge of them? They have been recommended to us by our TA. We will be in Barcelona for two nights pre-cruise at the beginning of Sept.

Melia Barcelona

Tryp Apolo

Catalonia Corcega

Thank you.

we are staying at the Tryp Apolo recommended by our TA who has stayed there before.

I was hoping that someone had heard of or stayed at the Hotel Claris in Barcelona. We are looking at booking two nights precruise. We are looking at the Apsis Atrium Palace but this hotel came up as having some potential while not an X hotel it was one that looked nice.

Thanks,

N

• More input on the Hispanos Siete Suiza Aparte-hotel?
  • How close to the Gothic Quarter & Las Ramblas (can we walk?)
  • Are the suites large & well maintained?
  • If it is a choice between staying in the Gothic Quarter or staying here, what would you pick (we will be a family of 8 adults)?
  • If the choice is between Hispanos 7 Suiza or the Apsis Atrium Palace?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

THANKS for any help here....

Archived