2 bottle wine allowance?

Smartcookie

From the "Alcohol Policy" paragraph in the latest Cruise Answer Book that you receive with your pre-cruise documents..

"You may bring wine or champagne onboard to celebrate special occasions (limit: one bottle per person)

Wow, on Grand Princess there will be 2600 people onboard. I can bring 2600 bottles.

Gosh I am sorry, I will put myself in time out. :p

Smokin has an "Actuarial" sense of humor, and once I actually figured out a little more about the Actuaries, I have an opportunity to be affiliated with, in my organization, I realized that it was priceless... :p

Hey Smokin, is that as in you are a "Smokin" good Actuary or, does it refer to a "habit", as it were, or both?? :)

:cool: Or neither???? That I highly doubt... :rolleyes: Oh no, the roll of the eyes!! :D

Back to the subject at hand, is the contract given to you in your package with the luggage tags etc?

Depending on whether or not anything has changed the PC will be in the package you receive, that should include your tags. I say "should" because it seems they are always trying new things to make the process more efficient (read: make the customer print them at home). :)

I took 2 bottles of wine with me and had one "detained" on last CB cruise out of Port Everglades. I rather feebly offered up that it says 1 bottle per person (my son, though a minor, is STILL a person...). But they were having none of it.

I didn't think it was worthwhile getting into a shouting match over 1 bottle. While it might be "technically" correct that the Contract doesn't specify a limit, I have a feeling that Princess may be well within their rights to determine a limit, given that the Contract does not say "unlimited" wine and champagne....

And I wouldn't want to miss my cruise by standing up for a technicality!

We plan on bringing two boxes of wine this Monday. I know people roll their eyes about the boxes but the black box wine is pretty good. Do you think we will have a problem with this?

We plan on bringing two boxes of wine this Monday. I know people roll their eyes about the boxes but the black box wine is pretty good. Do you think we will have a problem with this?

It depends on if they catch you or not, or it seems it also will depend which ship you might be sailing on, and if those doing security that day are in a bad mood.

So, the answer is ............................ maybe!

I have yet to see any limit on wine or champangne in writing.

Mind you I am not planning on bring a case or cases of wine, but I am going to bring more than two.

Alcohol Policy

Passengers under 21 years of age are not permitted to purchase or consume alcohol onboard. Duty- and tax-free alcohol is available for purchase and may be delivered to your stateroom the last day of your cruise. Discounted stateroom packages are available. Click here to download our beverage menu.

Alcohol purchased at any port of call, including the port of embarkation, may not be consumed onboard. It will be collected at the gangway for safekeeping and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of your cruise, prior to your disembarkation. You may bring wine or champagne onboard to celebrate special occasions (limit: one bottle per person). If consumed in the dining rooms or alternative restaurants, each bottle will be subject to a $15 corkage fee*.

*Charges are subject to change.

http://www.princess.com/learn/answer/during_cruise/dining.jsp

Archived