2 bottle wine allowance?

Smartcookie

I get so confused with all the different rules regarding alcohol on the different lines, so forgive me.

Does Princess allow two bottles per person of wine or am I thinking of Celebrity?

What's the current alcohol policy? They seem to change every few months. Thanks!

I get so confused with all the different rules regarding alcohol on the different lines, so forgive me.

Does Princess allow two bottles per person of wine or am I thinking of Celebrity?

What's the current alcohol policy? They seem to change every few months. Thanks!

One bottle per person. We check ours & have never had a problem. Ziploc & bubble wrap for the plane ride.:)

Jan

another point is the price Princess asks for the liquor on board. For example the Gordon's Gin 375ml sells for $3.75 in Michigan & Princess is selling it for $17.00. Now come on---that is awful. We always have a bar bill due at the end of our cruise, but this is highway robbery. when we first started cruising alcohol was sold by the fifth & MUCH cheaper.

Jan

Wine or champagne, 1 per adult

They might be able to get it onboard, but slapping a luggage tag on a case of wine or two is a real give-a-way that they are bringing over the limit. I don't think I would chance doing anything like that anymore. (although I have never done it in the past, and thats being very honest).

DW and I brought two bottles EACH, onto the CB in Ft. Lauderdale, and the "scanner folks" never even seem to notice, or if they did, care.

Will do the same on the Crown in Oct, too. What with Total Wine's excellent selection of Gerwutztraminers and Rieslings, it would be a shame not to bring two each. :p

DW and I brought two bottles EACH, onto the CB in Ft. Lauderdale, and the "scanner folks" never even seem to notice, or if they did, care.

Will do the same on the Crown in Oct, too. What with Total Wine's excellent selection of Gerwutztraminers and Rieslings, it would be a shame not to bring two each. :p

I had wine in JFK airport called Donna Cristina Desires & cannot find it anywhere, any suggestions? We will be in Fort Lauderdale 2/3/08.

Jan

In our experience, you can bring one bottle of wine per person onto a Princess ship at any port for your own use. Princess does treat hard liquor differently, taking it when you enter the ship and "holding it for you until disembarkation".

It is a good way to keep the bar bill down, since wine off the ship does cost less than in the dining rooms.

Bill

Is Total Wine in Fort Lauderdale? Location?

We brought two bottles each onboard with us in our carryon bags in Fort Lauderdale in December. I figured if they confiscated the two extra bottles, we might get them back in time to have a nice party the last night of the cruise.

And in each port, we could have brought one bottle apiece back on the ship with us. In a place like St. Thomas, with a shop not too far from the ship, someone could conceivably go back and forth more than once to get more bottles back. But in reality, the people checking bags as people got back on the ship asked if you had bottles of liquor. They did not seem to care how many bottles of wine people brought back.

Since I am doing a 2 day, 7 day, 7 day b2b2b cruise, I figure I can bring at least a case of wine and a bottle of Scotch with me and let them take it to return to me the last night of the first leg. That gives me 12 bottles and my bottle of Scotch to enjoy on the 2nd and 3rd leg of the cruise. :D:D:D

The following is posted on Princess' website. Under 'Customer Care', then 'Contact Us', scroll down on the right to 'Bringing alcohol on board'.

"We kindly request that you do not bring alcoholic beverages (other than wine and/or champagne) onboard for consumption. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship's gift shop or at ports of call will be collected for safekeeping and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the voyage. A member of our Security Staff will be at the gangway to assist with the storage of your alcoholic beverage purchases."

That being said, what it does NOT state is the number of bottles per person allowed, or whether you can bring it aboard at ports of call, or just embarkation (like other cruise lines). I guess I'll find out in July.

From the "Alcohol Policy" paragraph in the latest Cruise Answer Book that you receive with your pre-cruise documents..

"You may bring wine or champagne onboard to celebrate special occasions (limit: one bottle per person)

The cruise answer book is not the Passage Contract (the PC applies, and there is no mention made of amount). We were able to walk right on the ship, when returning from our day in Cozumel, with a bottle of wine in plain sight, put it in a tray for scanning, picked it up on the other side, and proceeded with our port purchased wine, to our stateroom.

With that said, if security wants to take your wine, I would not put up to much of a stink. You could mention the Passage Contract, but a bottle of wine is not worth getting yourself ejected.

Archived