Please help..Celebrity Credit Cards

Cindy G

We have both a Celebrity AMEX and a Celebrity VISA. I have searched the Bank of America site as well as the Worldpoint site and am unable to find the Celebrity reward program. It used to be that points could be redeemed for onboard credits, upgrades, robes, etc.

Also does anyone have the phone number (or numbers if different for the AMEX card and the VISA card) in which to redeem points. I spent hours last night trying to find answers and the customer service people I spoke with had no idea what I was talking about...argh.

And lastly, does any know if I would be able to combine the points...John has a AMEX in his name and a VISA...I have accounts in my name too. We have two VISAs and two AMEXs....we took advantage of the promo points several years ago. If possible, we would like to combine points and not have so many cards.

Thanks for your help!

Don't think you can combine points as they are different cards, but you should ask.

As to phone numbers, they should be on the back of your credit card. They can direct you to the proper contact once you call them. For reference, my Celebrity visa has the following 800 # 1-800-421-2110

I called 1-800-421-2110, the customer service rep had no idea what I was talking about. I also called 1-800-434-8313 and 1-888-257-8425 and was referred to the Celebrity website and the Capt's Club number at 1-800-760-0654. This is not a Capt's Club issue, or a Celebrity issue....it's a Bank fo America issue. But for the heck of it I did call the Capt's Club last night and they of course referred me back to Bank of America. This shouldn't be so difficult.

I am trying to redeem points for onboard credits now also. For your Bank of America Visa card call 1-800-434-8313, option 4. They should give you a cert number or something to call the captain club desk with to get to process completed. I am just waiting until my billing cycle ends to get a few more $$ for another $50. onboard credit. I agree, the process is very difficult as most Bank of America reps are not familiar with the program. Hope this helps.

I have the visa card and have used it 2 years ago. Log on to your credit card web site for your personal data. There is a rewards section. Follow the prompts. However, the number I am using now is 888-273-6200. Harder than hell to get through and then you wait. I'm trying to get through for a OBC in April. Keep being held on hold. No patience but will get through eventually.

Is the Celebrity "catalog" posted anywhere? How many points for an upgrade, OBC, robes, etc. I will probably use the onboard credit, but I would like to know if they have added anything to the list of redemptions.

25,000 points gets you $250 off a cruise of your choice, or 10,000 points gets you a $100 shipboard credit.

You can find it by accessing the Bank of America website using Internet Explorer (Thunderbird doesn't work!), signing in, clicking on the Celebrity American Express account, clicking on view my rewards, other redemption, then on travel, and FINALLY on cruises.

Good luck!

I redeemed points in December, and used 1-800-434-8313...Option 4. Be aware you AREN'T going to use the ceritificate or cash option

Use the MERCHANDISE option.

I ended up redeeming 11 $50/ea. certificates for my Visa card. And 4 certificates $50/ea. for my AMEX card. You will be given certificates numbers.

I then called Captain's Club and had it applied to my upcoming cruise.

BofA did subsequently send me a written notification of the transaction. I also had my travel agent check with Celebrity to see if the OBC were done properly, and they sent me a revised invised with the amounts listed.

I know that these credits will not show up on our SeaPass account immediately. It usually takes about 3 days, until the amounts are inputed onboard.

I've redeemed points on line several times with no problem except for finding the right links.

You need to be registered with Bank of America for on line banking. Log into your account. You should see your bank account listed (I have a visa card and the account is listed as "Celebrity Rewards Platinum Visa") When you click on the account you will see another link to "View my rewards". Click on the link and then scroll down to "Your World of Redemption Opportunities" Click on the link to "view more information". When the Catalog opens Click on "celebrity cruises" You will then see a list of options for redeeming your points with celebrity.

When redeeming for ship board credits I received an email with an order number. A day later I was able to call Celebrity to have the credit applied to my cruise. I don't remember if there was a number in the email to call or if I called the Captains Club.

Cindy,

There was also a link to transfer points from various Bank of America Credit Card accounts.

Mary Lou

Mary Lou, I also have several accounts and cards with BofA., but my particular router won't allow me access to "view" the accounts. I have gone round and round with BofA. on this. They encounted a glitch when they bought MBNA in 11/06, and are trying to rectify the problem.

For those of you needing to speak with a person in Captain's Club that handles the "Points"....there are three people. Shayna, Marie & Steve. Ask for them. They were extremely helpful, and very courteous.

Karyn

Well, I called B of A again and received part of the information. The key is "Celebrity" is listed under "merchandise"...not travel, not cruises...go figure. I was able to view the catalog online @ http://www.Bankofamericaworldpoints.com. The customer service rep said the number to redeem points is 1-888-257-8425 and again use the "merchandise" option.

It appears they haven't made any changes to reward redemption page.

Karynanne, your information is correct, the "merchandise option" must be used. I have the same difficulties with B of A, I never had a problem with MBNA.

I wish I could combine the points of our 4 cards. But no...that would be too easy.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

• 1 year later...

I did a google search and came upon this info - figuring out how to redeem for onboard credit is just about impossible on the bank of america web page & the customer reps could not figure out how to do it either. I was just about to give up! Being timed out every few minutes didn't help.

Thanks so much for the info - the process was quick & painless but if you don't look under "merchandise" you will never see all the option for OBC. This board is worth it's weight in gold. :)

Each call to B of A is an adventure. On Cust Rep to another to another to one that said only $100 could be redeemed at $50 each. Call back and get a Cust rep with no problem and knows the program. It is a hassle but with perseverence you git er done!

Final step is to contact Capt Club to register the certificates and yes it takes 3-4 days for the OBC to show on your acct. on board. It is worth while as the credits are a nice accoutrement to your spending fling on board..

I had trouble with my Celebrity Visa last Summer. Several representatives said the individual cruise line rewards were no longer available (Celebrity in particular). She told me I could use them for merchandise rewards or turn them into cash. I chose the cash option, and applied it to my cruise payment.

What is so hard, you log on to your BofA site, click on which card you are using, and then you go to the rewards page, click Merchandise and then click the Celebrity link. Good program, we just got an OBC for 750.00 (a 500 and a 250) combined with our Investor OBC of 250.00 and TA OBC for 750.00. We had a negative balance at the end of the cruise and got the amount credited back to our CC.

What is so hard, you log on to your BofA site, click on which card you are using, and then you go to the rewards page, click Merchandise and then click the Celebrity link. Good program, we just got an OBC for 750.00 (a 500 and a 250) combined with our Investor OBC of 250.00 and TA OBC for 750.00. We had a negative balance at the end of the cruise and got the amount credited back to our CC.

\

I didn't know they would credit OBC back to your credit card.

No consistency -- some (like me) get unused OBC back on their credit card. Others have reported that they lost it if they didn't use it on board.

cruisestitch

Thanks. Unfortunately, I always seem to use all my OBC, and then some!!

Archived