Seattle Hotels

jp1978

I did not want to "bid" without knowing which hotel. I went to Seattle tourisim website to get a detailed street map, decided the areas we would stay then shopped different websites....found a $350+/night hotel on 4th Ave "on special" for 159.00/night during the dates we needed in May. Deals are out there, you just have to look/shop around. Good luck.:)

Which hotel on 4th Av? I can only think of four that might be considered four star that are actually hotels that are on 4th Av.

The W, the Monaco, the Andra and the Mayflower (which is "sort of" on 4th Av but actually on Olive). The rates are about right for those four, and $159.00 would be a good price. The Warwick is also on 4th Av, only farther down, and it is not normally that expensive, nor would I call it a four star property.

You, too, Lois. And that hotel by the Market could also be the Alexis, I forgot about it.

Karen,:) can I get an opinion about the following 2 hotels?

1) The Moore

2) 6th Ave Inn

Both sound more fun and funky...European Style Boutique

hotels and they are both offering EXCELLENT prices for the

night I need....Oct 11th.

What can you tell me?

Karen,:) can I get an opinion about the following 2 hotels?

1) The Moore

2) 6th Ave Inn

Both sound more fun and funky...European Style Boutique

hotels and they are both offering EXCELLENT prices for the

night I need....Oct 11th.

What can you tell me?

The Moore is ancient....circa 1907.... and has a theater attached to it. It is very bare bones, with steam heat, no air con, creaky/squeaky ancient elevator. Kind of like a hostel, but with individual rooms. If you want a budget property, this one is it. See the pictures and info on their website. The reviews on it were reasonably good on Trip Advisor. It's not my kind of place, because I'm not fond of that particular type of property, but I have heard some pretty good things about it from those who need that type of accommodation and don't mind it not being a luxury property. The area is reasonable, so long as you keep your wits about you, your eyes open, and totally ignore the panhandlers, beggars, and others who might want your attention that you will occasionally run into anywhere downtown (just keep right on walking and don't engage them in conversation). Stay away from the bars and clubs in Belltown after dark (a few blocks down 1st and 2nd Avs), particularly on the weekends. They are not what they used to be. They;re pretty much Gen X hangouts, and can get kind of rowdy at times.

http://www.moorehotel.com/

Moore%20hotel.jpg

The round buildings in the background are the Westin Hotel, about four blocks away, and right across the street (catercorner) from the Sixth Avenue Inn.

The Sixth Avenue Inn is not a hotel, it is a motel. It is circa 1962, and I don't know when its last renovation was. It, too, is a budget property. The reviews on Yahoo and Trip Advisor are pretty uncomplimentary for the most part, but some weren't. It's one of those things that you would have to decide for yourself, though I wouldn't stay there myself, just based on its location (right across the street from a XXX adult store). There is also a lot of construction going on nearby, so probably fairly noisy from before dawn to near dark.

The Sixth Avenue Inn does not have a website of its own. I couldn't even find a picture of it to show you. I'm going down that way tomorrow, with my camera in hand for other reasons, so I could take one and post for you, so that you can see it before making up your mind.

I worked up my courage and decided to use Priceline to get a Seattle hotel room for two nights pre-cruise in July. I bid $69 for a 3 star hotel and was very surprised when it was accepted. I got the Marriott Renaissance which is normally about $250 per night. Because of the great savings we are now staying for two nights post-cruise at the Priceline rate of $67 for the 2.5 star Springhill Suites (usually over $200 per night).

The Moore is ancient....circa 1907.... and has a theater attached to it. It is very bare bones, with steam heat, no air con, creaky/squeaky ancient elevator. Kind of like a hostel, but with individual rooms. If you want a budget property, this one is it. See the pictures and info on their website. The reviews on it were reasonably good on Trip Advisor. It's not my kind of place, because I'm not fond of that particular type of property, but I have heard some pretty good things about it from those who need that type of accommodation and don't mind it not being a luxury property. The area is reasonable, so long as you keep your wits about you, your eyes open, and totally ignore the panhandlers, beggars, and others who might want your attention that you will occasionally run into anywhere downtown (just keep right on walking and don't engage them in conversation). Stay away from the bars and clubs in Belltown after dark (a few blocks down 1st and 2nd Avs), particularly on the weekends. They are not what they used to be. They;re pretty much Gen X hangouts, and can get kind of rowdy at times.

http://www.moorehotel.com/

Moore%20hotel.jpg

The round buildings in the background are the Westin Hotel, about four blocks away, and right across the street (catercorner) from the Sixth Avenue Inn.

The Sixth Avenue Inn is not a hotel, it is a motel. It is circa 1962, and I don't know when its last renovation was. It, too, is a budget property. The reviews on Yahoo and Trip Advisor are pretty uncomplimentary for the most part, but some weren't. It's one of those things that you would have to decide for yourself, though I wouldn't stay there myself, just based on its location (right across the street from a XXX adult store). There is also a lot of construction going on nearby, so probably fairly noisy from before dawn to near dark.

The Sixth Avenue Inn does not have a website of its own. I couldn't even find a picture of it to show you. I'm going down that way tomorrow, with my camera in hand for other reasons, so I could take one and post for you, so that you can see it before making up your mind.

Karen, your input is so appreciated:)

I think I will pass on both. I am on a budget but

can find something else, pay a bit more and feel a bit happier

about the choices:)

You are being so great about all this information......

when I come to town would you like to meet

for dinner? My treat:D

Karen, I just booked Sheraton Downtown:) via Priceline

for 100.00 so I am quite pleased:D

I know where that one is...down the hill from the

Renassiance;)

I remember walking down there to pick up one of the Greyline

sightseeing buses...stopped right in front of the Sheraton!

I probably won't sightsee this time (arriving mid day)

but the dinner invitation is sincere...think about it if you want!:)

Karen, I just booked Sheraton Downtown:) via Priceline

for 100.00 so I am quite pleased:D

I know where that one is...down the hill from the

Renassiance;)

I remember walking down there to pick up one of the Greyline

sightseeing buses...stopped right in front of the Sheraton!

I probably won't sightsee this time (arriving mid day)

but the dinner invitation is sincere...think about it if you want!:)

What day are you going to be here? I am gone for work from 6 am to 6 pm during the week, but the weekends are my own. I would surely consider being honored by your presence for dinner. There is a very nice new restaurant in the Sheraton itself that I highly recommend, the Daily Grill.

What day are you going to be here? I am gone for work from 6 am to 6 pm during the week, but the weekends are my own. I would surely consider being honored by your presence for dinner. There is a very nice new restaurant in the Sheraton itself that I highly recommend, the Daily Grill.

Hi,:) I am arriving on Saturday, Oct 11th. I haven't booked my

flight yet.

Dinner at the hotel sounds fine but I know Seattle has some

wonderful restaurants:)

:confused: I am trying to decide on a hotel for 1 nite pre-cruise in May. My husband has never been to Seattle and I would like to show him a few of the major sites if possible.

I have found :Inn at Harbor Steps for $180, Mayflower Park for $188, and the Sheraton for probably less than $150.

Which would be the best choice for some quick sightseeing and a decent room for the price? The Sheraton sounds like a great price, but is the location good?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

All 3 are good choices (this from a tourist who has been there

twice:) ;) )

I have been to the Sheraton before but not stayed there, though

I will be in October:D and it is in downtown Seattle....cabs, buses

and walking are 3 good options from that location.

Seattle is hilly but many people walk from place to place.

Hi,:) I am arriving on Saturday, Oct 11th. I haven't booked my

flight yet.

Dinner at the hotel sounds fine but I know Seattle has some

wonderful restaurants:)

Oct 11th is a Saturday, so it is a good day for me, as would Sunday be if needed. They will not allow me to put my e-mail addy on here (since I am a part time TA). If you are trusting enough to put yours in here, I can send you mine. Otherwise, all you need to do when it gets closer to time is give me a shout out on the boards, I read at least once every day 7/365.

:confused: I am trying to decide on a hotel for 1 nite pre-cruise in May. My husband has never been to Seattle and I would like to show him a few of the major sites if possible.

I have found :Inn at Harbor Steps for $180, Mayflower Park for $188, and the Sheraton for probably less than $150.

Which would be the best choice for some quick sightseeing and a decent room for the price? The Sheraton sounds like a great price, but is the location good?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

All three are fine properties, and those are good rates for Seattle in the summer. They are all three right downtown and close to bus lines that will get you to the major places you want to go (some are even in walking distance).

Karen,

Here is an email I use for CC, drop me a line:)

lo1958@hotmail.com

Now I am trying to find a hotel in Vancouver too;)

I have a good friend who lives there so am waiting

for some first hand information:D

Lois, I just sent you one from my addy, so that you will have it. You will enjoy your stay in YVR, too, I'm sure.

Lois, I just sent you one from my addy, so that you will have it. You will enjoy your stay in YVR, too, I'm sure.

Karen, no mail yet:eek: ....you did just click on it right? Some folks

think that is a capital i but its a small L LOL

lo as in short for Lois LOL;)

Hi,:) I am guessing you got that price from the hotel directly?

I never looked at their website~I just knew a 4 star downtown

in Seattle would be a reputable hotel:) and got it for 100.00.....

with fees and taxes it came to a total of 122.00:D

I live in downtown Seattle.

The Mayflower is a good choice. Nice hotel and good central location.

I also recommend The Westin if you can get a good rate. Same thing with The Sheraton. If you are looking for a budget option the Days Inn on 7th Ave is between the core of downtown and the Seattle Center.

If you want to be close to the Pike Place Market you can stay at Inn At The Market. Their prices are usually a little higher though.

It is easy to walk to the market from the Mayflower (5 blocks), Westin (5 blocks), Sheraton(6 blocks).

If you are going out of Pier 66 then the Marriott is directly across the street. However you often pay for that convenience.

If anyone has Seattle questions I'd be more than happy to help!

For a precruise night, I'm torn between the Westin on 5th and Marriott Waterfront. Is one nicer than the other? We want to sightsee at Pikes Place Market so is one hotel more convenient than the other? Our cruise is on the Princess Star so we will have to take a taxi to the port. Any input would be appreciated.

Archived