Seattle Hotels

jp1978

I think you have already given me the thumbs up on this prop but can't seem to find in my search. Anyway, any close by restaurants? Will be in Friday evening but others will not arrive until after 9p Saturday night.

How far will we be from Needle, Ducks? I know once we get there we can make our way to Pike (right?)

I may also look into the Argosy dinner cruise for Saturday evening, know anything bout this? I'll stop now.:D

Restaurants aplenty: Outback, Buca di Beppo, Daniel's Broiler, Chandler's Crabhouse, Blue Moon Hamburgers (to kill for if you are a burger fan), and any number of smaller type places.

About 1.75 miles from the Space Needle and the Ducks tour....line of sight.

Argosy dinner cruises, yum.

http://www.argosycruises.com/royalargosy/schedule.cfm

I don't know if anyone is still reading this thread, but I have a question.

I tried priceline tonight and could not get a booking for a date mentioned in a post above.

We are sailing June 6 and want to stay downtown on the 5th. A poster above got the Sheraton for $100 but I can't get anything. Is there something I'm missing about how to do it?!:confused:

Comments welcome.

Check the website biddingfortravel.com for tips on bidding on Priceline. Click on Seattle Washington hotels to see what prices people are getting and bid accordingly. Read the hotel FAQ for tips on bidding. Keep trying and good luck!

Ok.

Priceline angered me (I'll refrain from using the word that really comes to mind) :mad: so I tried Hotwire.com.

I got the Sheraton downtown for $119 each room, for two rooms, and one room has 4 people in it.

(Priceline only guarantees a room for 2 people).

I'm happy now. :D The rate on all the regular sites is $229.

I don't know if anyone is still reading this thread, but I have a question.

I tried priceline tonight and could not get a booking for a date mentioned in a post above.

We are sailing June 6 and want to stay downtown on the 5th. A poster above got the Sheraton for $100 but I can't get anything. Is there something I'm missing about how to do it?!:confused:

Comments welcome.

Most likely the city is sold out for that weekend.

Ok.

Priceline angered me (I'll refrain from using the word that really comes to mind) :mad: so I tried Hotwire.com.

I got the Sheraton downtown for $119 each room, for two rooms, and one room has 4 people in it.

(Priceline only guarantees a room for 2 people).

I'm happy now. :D The rate on all the regular sites is $229.

Glad things worked out for you:) I am the one who got it

for 100.00.

Nice to see a :D from you, rather than a :mad: ;)

I live in downtown Seattle.

The Mayflower is a good choice. Nice hotel and good central location.

I also recommend The Westin if you can get a good rate. Same thing with The Sheraton. If you are looking for a budget option the Days Inn on 7th Ave is between the core of downtown and the Seattle Center.

If you want to be close to the Pike Place Market you can stay at Inn At The Market. Their prices are usually a little higher though.

It is easy to walk to the market from the Mayflower (5 blocks), Westin (5 blocks), Sheraton(6 blocks).

If you are going out of Pier 66 then the Marriott is directly across the street. However you often pay for that convenience.

If anyone has Seattle questions I'd be more than happy to help!

Travel Guy et al,

We'd appreciate your opinion of the Fairmont Hotel. Never been to Seattle, it's a special birthday celebration for us. How far to Pike's Market and other tourist areas of interest from the Fairmont? We'll be in Seattle a day and a half after an Alaskan cruise on Cruise West. Do you have any "must do while in Seattle" suggestions given our timeframe?

Our other option would be to use our Hilton points and stay there for "free"...or another hotel suggestion.

Thanks for your help.

Travel Guy et al,

We'd appreciate your opinion of the Fairmont Hotel. Never been to Seattle, it's a special birthday celebration for us. How far to Pike's Market and other tourist areas of interest from the Fairmont? We'll be in Seattle a day and a half after an Alaskan cruise on Cruise West. Do you have any "must do while in Seattle" suggestions given our timeframe?

Our other option would be to use our Hilton points and stay there for "free"...or another hotel suggestion.

Thanks for your help.

The Fairmont is a beautiful property, and you will love it for a special occasion. The Market is about 3 blocks West and 3 blocks north from there. The Waterfront is another few blocks west from there. The Space Needle is about two miles north from the Fairmont. Pioneer Square/The Underground Tour is about one mile south and three blocks west. So it is very centrally located.

The Fairmont is a beautiful property, and you will love it for a special occasion. The Market is about 3 blocks West and 3 blocks north from there. The Waterfront is another few blocks west from there. The Space Needle is about two miles north from the Fairmont. Pioneer Square/The Underground Tour is about one mile south and three blocks west. So it is very centrally located.

Thank you Karen. Looking forward to visiting your part of the world.

I live in downtown Seattle.

The Mayflower is a good choice. Nice hotel and good central location.

I also recommend The Westin if you can get a good rate. Same thing with The Sheraton. If you are looking for a budget option the Days Inn on 7th Ave is between the core of downtown and the Seattle Center.

If you want to be close to the Pike Place Market you can stay at Inn At The Market. Their prices are usually a little higher though.

It is easy to walk to the market from the Mayflower (5 blocks), Westin (5 blocks), Sheraton(6 blocks).

If you are going out of Pier 66 then the Marriott is directly across the street. However you often pay for that convenience.

If anyone has Seattle questions I'd be more than happy to help!

Hi,:) I am back to looking for hotels again. I switched

cruises so I need something for Sept 13th....

I pulled up the Days Inn Website. AAA rate with tax is about 140.00.

Is (in your opinion) the Hampton for 160.00 a better choice?

My 100.00 on Priceline for Oct is now lost:rolleyes: sometimes

you have to just bite the bullet....I am saving almost 500.00

on my cruise:D

Hi,:) I am back to looking for hotels again. I switched

cruises so I need something for Sept 13th....

I pulled up the Days Inn Website. AAA rate with tax is about 140.00.

Is (in your opinion) the Hampton for 160.00 a better choice?

My 100.00 on Priceline for Oct is now lost:rolleyes: sometimes

you have to just bite the bullet....I am saving almost 500.00

on my cruise:D

Yes, I would go with the Hampton Inn over Day's Inn.

I know:) ....and I also know you live and learn.

I was so intent on getting that room booked.:eek:

I will see what you think of "The Virginia" and keep looking

a bit before I book anything else.

I still have to get airfare too.

Lois, You might want to check Hotels.com and look at the Kimpton properties. We just got a pretty good rate on a really nice looking suite at the Alexis for 9/3 - 9/6. It is more than a typical priceline bid but you can cancel, too.

I know:) ....and I also know you live and learn.

I was so intent on getting that room booked.:eek:

I will see what you think of "The Virginia" and keep looking

a bit before I book anything else.

I still have to get airfare too.

Checked it out when I was downtown yesterday afternoon. On the outside, it looks even older than the Moore, and not in as good a condition.

Here is their website, I was only able to get a look at the public area downstairs not the rooms, but this is probably what they look like:

http://www.seattlebedandbreakfast.com/320.shtml

Good morning Karen,:) thanks for helping me.

I went to that website so was able to see it on the net too.

Not sure what I am going to do. The pictures look nice.

Is this place near Pike's Market?

Hi Steve:) thanks. I looked at hotels.com too. I must be

going on a pricer weekend. The Alexis shows 250.00 for

the night. More than I want to spend.:eek:

Karen, there is something on Hotwire that is showing

up. 119.00 for a 4star hotel at Pike's Market. There

are other stars...3 stars but they are more money.

Wondering what you think this less amount, higher

star property might be?

Good morning Karen,:) thanks for helping me.

I went to that website so was able to see it on the net too.

Not sure what I am going to do. The pictures look nice.

Is this place near Pike's Market?

Hi Steve:) thanks. I looked at hotels.com too. I must be

going on a pricer weekend. The Alexis shows 250.00 for

Karen, there is something on Hotwire that is showing

up. 119.00 for a 4star hotel at Pike's Market. There

are other stars...3 stars but they are more money.

Wondering what you think this less amount, higher

star property might be?

The Virginia is within several blocks of the market.

It the one above is AT the market, the only one I could think of is the Inn at the Market. It is a smaller boutique property that is very nice and is right at the northern entrance side of the market.

Hi Steve:) thanks. I looked at hotels.com too. I must be going on a pricer weekend. The Alexis shows 250.00 for

Bummer. We're there the week after Labor Day. I had booked a Deluxe King room through Kimpton for what seemed like an alright rate (less than you saw) a couple days ago. When I looked at hotels.com last night I was surprised to see the rates were a lot lower and they were flagged as sale prices. I figured I'd better act quick so I called Kimpton to see if they'd match the price. We ended up with a Premier Suite for under $200/night. We probably could've gone cheaper but my wife is thrilled.

Steve

We will be in Sept (11-13) 2 days pre-cruise and 2 days post-cruise (20-22). Got Seattle Sheraton for the pre @$115 thur priceline and got the Hotel Vintage Park for $106 per night thur Hotwire last night. It was the 4* near Pikes Market.

Which is weird, because the Vintage Park is a good mile from the market. Near, but I think that Lois' opportunity said AT the market, which could only be the Inn at the Market, since the other hotels that are being built within 100-150 yards of the market are not going to be open for another year or so.

I will not be going to Seattle until May of 09. Whatever happened to the Edgewater? People say they can walk to the ship from there.

It has been a long time since I have been there, but we did run into a sticky situation. We left the hotel at 5:00pm to walk down to the waterside. We were a group of 6 ladies. Apparently this was not a great time to walk there. We were pertified at the comments that were being made. At one crosswalk we were surrounded. Lucky for us a cop happened to be riding by and saw our distress. His partner got out of the car and asked where we were going. We told him pikes place and then down to the water for dinner. He told us we were not stopping at Pikes place because it closed at 5:00pm. He ended up escourting us on foot thru the stairways down leading to the piers. Told us to never do that again and to take a cab back to the hotel. WOW, this was quite an expierence.

So I am somewhat leary of where to stay. We want to have dinner at the waterfront. Be close to the ship, and enjoy the scenery. What hotel is it thats attached to the mall?

Linda

Which is weird, because the Vintage Park is a good mile from the market. Near, but I think that Lois' opportunity said AT the market, which could only be the Inn at the Market, since the other hotels that are being built within 100-150 yards of the market are not going to be open for another year or so.

Hi Karen, I am reading the title on Hotwire for this 4 star hotel:

It says:

4 Star Hotel in Downtown-Pike Place

And it says "BEST VALUE"

So it does not say specifically "At the market"

Archived