Seattle Hotels

jp1978

Unfortunately, most downtown hotels START at $250.00 plus per night for two people and march upwards to $700-800 per night, excluding hotel tax (about 12%). If you need triples or quads, they can be considerably more.

You might be able to get a room at Homewood Suites on Western Av that would hold 4 per room for about $279.00 per night excluding tax, with two king beds. Homewood includes full breakfast, and enough snacks and such at dinner time to make a full meal, and the rooms have kitchenettes.

Anything that is in the range that you want is likely to be in an area that you do not want to stay in, or of less quality than I would recommend to a visitor to our city.

We will be cruising out of Seattle in June and have reserved rooms at the Inn At Harbor Steps that someone recommended on these boards. The rooms are right around $200.00 each and they seem to get alot of good reviews on Trip Advisor. I looked at their website and it seems very nice.

How about trying the Hotwire website. I just saw a 4 star Seattle - Pike Place for $149 per night for August 19 - 21st. . I also saw it again on August 21st - 23rd for $126 per night. Not sure when they are going but this might be an option.:)

Thank you for your comments. I am new to cruisecritic and Seattle. One in my group suggested Hotel Vintage Park. What do you think? Room rates are around $240/night. I appreciate Karen Cruiselover's comment as I would rather spend a little more money and be comfortable than get a "deal" where I don't feel safe.

We booked the Warwick Seattle Hotel for 152.00 a night. We are sailing May 10th.

Did you book the Warwick through their direct website? I happened to book the Warwick for our three day post cruise in July. I received a higher rate, but I am thinking it is because July is prime vacation season. We are paying 182 per night, that includes Continental Breakfast. After researching a bunch of hotels, I think we made a wise choice.:)

I booked thru them. My father is an AARP member, that is how we got our rate. I think AAA members, seniors citizens also qualify for this rate. I will post about the hotel when I get back so you will have an idea of what it is like.

I booked thru them. My father is an AARP member, that is how we got our rate. I think AAA members, seniors citizens also qualify for this rate. I will post about the hotel when I get back so you will have an idea of what it is like.

Thanks. I always book with no penalty option even if it means an extra $10.00 per night. I have plenty of time to shop around if something better comes up.

• 3 weeks later...

So, it looks like the 4 star downtown hotels in Seattle are running

anywhere from 125.00 and up range on Priceline......

Thanks for the heads up:)

As for bidding....when you know what hotels are being offered,

the risk for "a lemon" is slim to none;)....You normally have

3 to 4 choices in each zone....a 4 star is usually a really good

property:D

Hotwire is showing a 4 Star Hotel Downtown/Pikes Place for

119.00 on the date I need.

Anyone have any idea which hotel this is?

Could be the Inn at the Market, though I doubt it, it is usually a lot more expensive than what that would equate to. Very small boutique hotel.

Might be the Inn at Harbor Steps.

Hi Karen,:) thanks...I think I will look over things this weekend

and book something;)

Just to get it taken care of!

Have a great weekend:D

I did not want to "bid" without knowing which hotel. I went to Seattle tourisim website to get a detailed street map, decided the areas we would stay then shopped different websites....found a $350+/night hotel on 4th Ave "on special" for 159.00/night during the dates we needed in May. Deals are out there, you just have to look/shop around. Good luck.:)

Archived