Seattle Hotels

jp1978

Seafood,

they are both nice hotels. The Westin is more centrally located within the retail core of downtown and you can walk to many restaurant and shopping options from it. It is a 5 or 6 block walk to the Pike Place Market from the Westin.

The Marriott is on Alaskan Way which runs along the waterfront. Seattle's waterfront is a series of piers, and some of these piers have things you can visit such as the aquarium, restaurants and shopping. It is a short walk and elevator ride to the Market area from the Marriott (maybe 10 minute walk total) The waterfront area is at the bottom of the hill in the city. Also the Sculpture Park is about a 15 minute walk to the north of the Marriott.

You won't go wrong with either hotel. It will come down to what you want within easy walking distance.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Cheers!

For a precruise night, I'm torn between the Westin on 5th and Marriott Waterfront. Is one nicer than the other? We want to sightsee at Pikes Place Market so is one hotel more convenient than the other? Our cruise is on the Princess Star so we will have to take a taxi to the port. Any input would be appreciated.

They are about equally distant from the Market. One nice thing about the Westin, if it makes any difference to you, is that Princess has an on-site rep in the lobby there on sailing days, who can provide you with information and assistance if you need it. S/he is usually stationed right beside the escalators in the lobby area.

Otherwise, both are nice properties and you would likely be satisfied with either.

We are booked at the Inn At Harbor Steps and the total for one night is $196.00. It has very good reviews on Trip Advisor and is within walking distance to the Pike's Place Market. I called them to get information and they seem to be very nice. They said we could get a cab to the cruise ship pier for about $10.00.

Any thoughts on the W?

We got a room for $199 for the night before a cruise....

The W is a good/nice hotel. It is in a good area across the street from the Seattle Central Library (which is very unique architecturally), plenty of places to eat nearby, not far from the Market and Pier 66, quick cab ride to Terminal 30 if you are leaving from there.

On our cruise to Alaska three years ago, we stayed at the Silver Cloud Inn at Lake Union. It was a little outside of downtown, but they had a free shuttle service to many of the sites and they would come back and get you whenever if you called and agreed on a meeting place. Breakfast was included and the rooms were very nice and a good size. There was also a free shuttle to the pier.

On our cruise to Alaska three years ago, we stayed at the Silver Cloud Inn at Lake Union. It was a little outside of downtown, but they had a free shuttle service to many of the sites and they would come back and get you whenever if you called and agreed on a meeting place. Breakfast was included and the rooms were very nice and a good size. There was also a free shuttle to the pier.

Yep, and both Metro buses and the Seattle Streetcar stop right across the street, as well.

I have reservation at the Sheraton as well, but I am paying $239 plus tax. I assume mine is so expensive because it is for July 3rd ? Do you all think I could get something cheaper on priceline ? I'm with the ones that don't have the guts to bid ;)

I also am at the Sheraton on July 3, but I got the AAA rate of 189. I did book about 4 months ago, so they may be out of these rooms now... I don't like to bid either because I don't like a hotel reservation I can't get out of if I need to change or cancel for any reason. Plus I want to know where I'm staying before I book it!

Originally posted by Travel Guy

Seafood,

they are both nice hotels. The Westin is more centrally located within the retail core of downtown and you can walk to many restaurant and shopping options from it. It is a 5 or 6 block walk to the Pike Place Market from the Westin.

The Marriott is on Alaskan Way which runs along the waterfront. Seattle's waterfront is a series of piers, and some of these piers have things you can visit such as the aquarium, restaurants and shopping. It is a short walk and elevator ride to the Market area from the Marriott (maybe 10 minute walk total) The waterfront area is at the bottom of the hill in the city. Also the Sculpture Park is about a 15 minute walk to the north of the Marriott.

You won't go wrong with either hotel. It will come down to what you want within easy walking distance.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Cheers!

Travel Guy,

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just have to pick one, but I'm leaning toward Westin.

SeattleCruiselover and Travel Guy,

Well I thought I was leaning toward Westin, but the Westin doesn't get rave reviews on TripAdvisor. Now I'm thinking of Mariott Waterfront, Sheraton on 6th, or Inn at the Market. We really want to stay somewhere nice as we will be celebrating our anniversary. Which would you say is the nicest and which is closer to Pike Place Market? Thanks for any info you can give.

SeattleCruiselover and Travel Guy,

Well I thought I was leaning toward Westin, but the Westin doesn't get rave reviews on TripAdvisor. Now I'm thinking of Mariott Waterfront, Sheraton on 6th, or Inn at the Market. We really want to stay somewhere nice as we will be celebrating our anniversary. Which would you say is the nicest and which is closer to Pike Place Market? Thanks for any info you can give.

The Inn at the Market, obviously, is the closest to the Market, since it is AT the Market. It is a little boutique hotel, not very big, and a bit expensive (comparable to the rates at the Marriott and the Sheraton, or a bit more).

The Sheraton has recently undergone an extensive renovation and addition within the past 24 months, and just finished in the past few.

The Marriott is about four years old. Both the Marriott and the Sheraton are about equidistant from the Market but in opposite directions from it. Within a reasonable 1 mile walking distance, or slightly less.

Seafood,

I can't really add any more than Seattlecruiselover has said. Although my experience with Tripadvisor reviews has been a mixed bag. I've almost cancelled reservations at hotels after reading some bad reviews but then was so happy I didn't after I went thru with my original plans. I haven't looked at the recent remarks about the Westin but if many of the recent reviews are bad then that is something to pay attention to. Sometimes you get a few bad reviews at any hotel and it may be that the person ran into a grumpy staff member that day, or whatever. Since I live here I don't spend any nights at the Westin or any other hotels for that matter. But I do attend functions in their public areas. The public areas of the Westin are nice.

The Sheraton is a good alternative if the recent reviews at the Westin make you uncomfortable to book. The Inn at the Market is more expensive as Seattlecruiselover said, but it is at the market.

Chuck (aka Travel Guy)

Seafood,

and I should say that the public areas of the Marriott are nice too. In addition there is a Todd English restaurant there called Fish Club.

If you go to the Sheraton you may want to request a room in the new tower, but I honestly don't know the difference between the rooms in the older tower and the newer tower.

Not to confuse things but if you want a higher end hotel (and price) for your anniversary there is the Fairmont Olympic Hotel. Or the Hotel Monaco or the W if you like chic-y hotels.

Thanks for the imput BamaGal! :)

I'm a Bama Girl myself living in Georgia now! We are sailing in September and hotels are so expensive!!!

Roll Tide! :)

Hi, try Priceline:) I am sailing in October and got the Sheraton

downtown for 100.00:D with taxes and fees 122.00.

Can't get much better!

I am wondering if any downtown hotels have shuttles to/from airport and to/from port. Anybody knows?

Thanks.

From hotel to port, yes, some of them. From aiport to port and/or reverse, no, none of the downtown hotels have that. For that you can make very reasonably priced reservations at:

http://www.graylineseattle.com

and click on the Airporter links.

As for shuttles from hotel to pier, SpringHill Suites is going to have one this year, Silver Cloud Inns have shuttles, Courtyard by Marriott has a shuttle, and someone said something about the Comfort Inn having one as well.

From hotel to port, yes, some of them. From aiport to port and/or reverse, no, none of the downtown hotels have that. For that you can make very reasonably priced reservations at:

http://www.graylineseattle.com

and click on the Airporter links.

As for shuttles from hotel to pier, SpringHill Suites is going to have one this year, Silver Cloud Inns have shuttles, Courtyard by Marriott has a shuttle, and someone said something about the Comfort Inn having one as well.

Thanks!!!!

I think you have already given me the thumbs up on this prop but can't seem to find in my search. Anyway, any close by restaurants? Will be in Friday evening but others will not arrive until after 9p Saturday night.

How far will we be from Needle, Ducks? I know once we get there we can make our way to Pike (right?)

I may also look into the Argosy dinner cruise for Saturday evening, know anything bout this? I'll stop now.:D

Archived