Seattle Hotels

jp1978

I will not be going to Seattle until May of 09. Whatever happened to the Edgewater? People say they can walk to the ship from there.

It has been a long time since I have been there, but we did run into a sticky situation. We left the hotel at 5:00pm to walk down to the waterside. We were a group of 6 ladies. Apparently this was not a great time to walk there. We were pertified at the comments that were being made. At one crosswalk we were surrounded. Lucky for us a cop happened to be riding by and saw our distress. His partner got out of the car and asked where we were going. We told him pikes place and then down to the water for dinner. He told us we were not stopping at Pikes place because it closed at 5:00pm. He ended up escourting us on foot thru the stairways down leading to the piers. Told us to never do that again and to take a cab back to the hotel. WOW, this was quite an expierence.

So I am somewhat leary of where to stay. We want to have dinner at the waterfront. Be close to the ship, and enjoy the scenery. What hotel is it thats attached to the mall?

Linda

Linda If you are leaving from Pier 66 (NCL or X) the Edgewater is right next door. If you are leaving from Terminal 30 (RCI, HAL, Princess) it is about 2.5-3 miles south from the Edgewater to the terminal.

The one attached to the mall is the Mayflower Park.

Hi Karen, I am reading the title on Hotwire for this 4 star hotel:

It says:

4 Star Hotel in Downtown-Pike Place

And it says "BEST VALUE"

So it does not say specifically "At the market"

In that case, it could be one of many hotels downtown: Sheraton, Hilton, Westin, Warwick, W, Fairmont (though I doubt that one for that price), Vintage Park, Monaco, Inn at Harbor Steps, Inn at the Market, Mayflower Park, and so on.

Karen, What do you think of the Edgewater? They have a cruise package that is waterview room, full breakfast, and transfers to either pier for $270.00 per night.

Linda

That is considerably lower than their normal summer rates which, for the room alone, start at $300.00+, and their weekend breakfast is about $30.00 per person. Transfers to Pier 66 would not be required (you can walk), but to Terminal 30 would be a nice inclusion. The Edgewater is a nice property and, of course, it has a little bit of history what with the Beatles fishing out of a waterside window from their rooms in the past.

Great info on this thread. We were supposed to fly out of Seattle May 18th at 2:30 pm. The flights have been changed. We now fly out at 8pm. There are 4 of us. One is 11 yrs. Another has had 2 heart attacks and can't spend all day walking around. We thought of taking a grayline tour for 3 hrs. I'm wondering if there is any hotel that would rent us a room for the day? Any suggestions who might be good to approach?

Great info on this thread. We were supposed to fly out of Seattle May 18th at 2:30 pm. The flights have been changed. We now fly out at 8pm. There are 4 of us. One is 11 yrs. Another has had 2 heart attacks and can't spend all day walking around. We thought of taking a grayline tour for 3 hrs. I'm wondering if there is any hotel that would rent us a room for the day? Any suggestions who might be good to approach?

I don't know of any reputable hotel that has day rates here, but you might just try asking a few of them while explaining the reasons and see if they would be willing to do so. You might have better luck with one of the ones near the airport than with the downtown properties.

Thanks Karen.

If we took a hotel room out by the airport? (Any suggestions? ) Is there anything of interest to do in that area?

Also, pre-cruise, we are staying at the "W". It looks like a decent hotel.

Do you know if these downtown hotels provide shuttles to the pier?

If not, who is good to use for transportation for 3 adults and a child? We would need transport from the airport to hotel and possibly to the pier.

Do you know what the fare (aprox) from the airport to the "W" and from the"W" to pier 30 might be?

Thanks Karen.

If we took a hotel room out by the airport? (Any suggestions? ) Is there anything of interest to do in that area?

Also, pre-cruise, we are staying at the "W". It looks like a decent hotel.

Do you know if these downtown hotels provide shuttles to the pier?

If not, who is good to use for transportation for 3 adults and a child? We would need transport from the airport to hotel and possibly to the pier.

Do you know what the fare (aprox) from the airport to the "W" and from the"W" to pier 30 might be?

The Doubletree at the airport is a nice hotel. As far as things to do in the neighborhood of the airport, about all there is would be: Boeing Museum of Flight about five miles north of International Boulevard, Southcenter Mall about an equal distance away, and there is a movie theater not too far away.

So far as I know, the W does NOT have a shuttle. It is about 3 miles from there to Terminal 30. A taxi would be $28.00 from the airport to the W for the first 2, and an additional $4.00 (I think it is now) for the additional two pax. From W to the terminal, about $10.00 give or take.

Hi Karen:)

I decided to book a room at the Hampton Inn.

I got it through their website for 160.00 total. (AAA rate) and I can

cancel without penalty if something better comes along

but I am happy with this one. I read some reviews

on Trip Advisor and almost everyone gave it a

big thumbs up:D

Hi Karen:)

I decided to book a room at the Hampton Inn.

I got it through their website for 160.00 total. (AAA rate) and I can

cancel without penalty if something better comes along

but I am happy with this one. I read some reviews

on Trip Advisor and almost everyone gave it a

big thumbs up:D

Yep. Hampton is a good one. I can look out my living room window and see it about 1.5 miles away up on the hill.

• 3 months later...
Yep. Hampton is a good one. I can look out my living room window and see it about 1.5 miles away up on the hill.

Hi Karen:) I decided to try Priceline again and got

the WESTIN for less money than the Hampton;)

I was looking at the pictures of the WESTIN on line

and it looks lovely:D!

Cancelled Hampton without penalty...thankfully!

Hi Karen:) I decided to try Priceline again and got

the WESTIN for less money than the Hampton;)

I was looking at the pictures of the WESTIN on line

and it looks lovely:D!

Cancelled Hampton without penalty...thankfully!

The Westin is right downtown in the middle of pretty much everything. Hope you don't mind pie shaped rooms....:D

The Westin is right downtown in the middle of pretty much everything. Hope you don't mind pie shaped rooms....:D

Pie shaped?:D ;):eek: not sure I get it but I am sure it will

be just fine...especially since I will be going out to dinner and

will probably have an adult libation or 2 so the room will end up

looking normal LOL:)

Pie shaped?:D ;):eek: not sure I get it but I am sure it will

be just fine...especially since I will be going out to dinner and

will probably have an adult libation or 2 so the room will end up

looking normal LOL:)

Can't put square rooms into a round hotel......:D (Though, actually, it is more tube shaped than round, above the third floor)

Archived