Questions about bringing liquor on board (merged)

I dont think RCL allows wine. I have been on Princess and I brought 2 bottles of wine in my backpack. One for each person and a cork screw.

I liked the post where someone wraped a box if wine as a gift for themself.

I will also hide the rumrunner in my room wont leave them out for RCL staff to see just in case.

Duct tape, if you suite case gets ripped, if your dress hem comes out, that is the coupe of things i know of. We were taking about rumrunners.

Doesn't anyone ever do a "search" about this topic? Dead horse indeed!

Oops, I'm sorry, I probably have offended all the goody-two shoes.

Say, maybe I can ask "what do you use duct tape for?"?

Flame-retardant suit is on.

Thank you guys! I haven't cruised in over a year and at that time it was no big deal to put alcohol in water bottles. I think the Rumrunner flasks are well worth it. Just ordered some. I'd hate to take a chance and have it confiscated... or worse not be allowed to board.

;)

Leaving March 22nd Serenade of the Seas!

Thank you guys! I haven't cruised in over a year and at that time it was no big deal to put alcohol in water bottles. I think the Rumrunner flasks are well worth it. Just ordered some. I'd hate to take a chance and have it confiscated... or worse not be allowed to board.

;)

Leaving March 22nd Serenade of the Seas!

If you were just off the Jewel yesterday, you were on the same cruise we are leaving for this coming Saturday. I'd love to hear your review.

Can you suggest a night to try a specialty restaurant (other than the day we are in San Juan) when you thought the food in the dining room was not something you had to have?

Also, did you do anything at any of the ports that is worth mentioning? How were the Seas?

Thanks,

Barbara

If you were just off the Jewel yesterday, you were on the same cruise we are leaving for this coming Saturday. I'd love to hear your review.

Can you suggest a night to try a specialty restaurant (other than the day we are in San Juan) when you thought the food in the dining room was not something you had to have?

Also, did you do anything at any of the ports that is worth mentioning? How were the Seas?

Thanks,

Barbara

Sure, but it won't be a lengthly review.

Ship was great. My first cruise so I was expecting a room roughly the size of a FIAT. We had a balcony room (E2) on deck 8 and I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it was.

Service was outstanding.

Food in the dining room was good for the most part. Some meals were great. A few were not.

The windjammer was fine for a quick snack before an excursion or a bite to eat before a late seating dinner.

Seaview was slightly better than the windjammer. The solarium cafe's crepes were awesome.

We ate at portifino's on the 4th day of the cruise (St. Thomas). The menu for each night in the dining room is available with the host in the specialty restaurants, so you can look for yourself. But that night was one of the weaker menus and a couple that we spoke with the next day confirmed that the meal in the dining room that night was not good. Our meal at Portifino's was outstanding and the service was almost too good.

As for activities on shore, my wife and I are more of the adventurous type and we tried to find activities that were more our speed. All but one of which were not through RCI.

St. Thomas - Coki Beach for snorkeling and a beach day. This spot is less touristy then Meagans Bay and better for snorkeling (it's good snorkeling even from the beach.) The beach, the water and the view are very nice, but the areas near the beach are a bit dirty (the whole island could use some litter clean up, frankly.)

St. Maarten - Loterie Farms Treetops tour offered through RCI. This was a lot of fun and pretty exhilarating. But if you're not into heights or if you aren't agile, I wouldn't recommend it. Honestly, there were some people on the tour that should have been told they should not do the trip.

Tortola - My wife and I did the Baths on Virga Gorda on our own. Took the first water taxi with speedy's who also offered a taxi too and from the Baths. Then caught the return water taxi back to Tortola at 12:30pm. All told we paid $33 each. What was nice about doing the trip this way (aside from paying about half of what RCI charged) was was that we arrived over an hour before any of the cruise excursions did so when we arrived on the beach there were literally only 2 other people there. It was gorgeous.

Nassau - Stuart Cove's Diving Tour. This was an amazing snorkeling tour where we hit 3 different reefs and literally swam with reef sharks at the final stop. It was borderline crazy, but it was amazing. The problem was that the tour ran over the scheduled time and my wife and I had to literally run to the dock to make it on board by 5:30pm (ship left at 6pm.) So this was a bit stressful, but if your time in the port differs from ours (12pm - 6pm) and allows for it, you may want to look into it. If not a company called Bahama Divers can work with your schedule.

The seas were a bit rough a few of the nights. One night in particular was pretty bad. The wind was whipping as well. But the weather overall was good and a heck of a lot better than it is in Michigan right now.

Enjoy your cruise!

I've been lurking on these boards since the days of AOL.

What about everyone putting a bottle of liquor (empty, full, or of water) in whatever size (half pint, pint, 5th, litre, 1.75,) in each piece of luggage they allow RCCL to bring on board.

The "naughty room" would be a little overwhelmed with 4,000 pieces of luggage.

A little offense might beat their defense. :cool:

Just off the Jewel yesterday (sigh.) Rumrunners are where it's at. Don't fly with them filled unless you can't find your brand in the port city (like you can't find a '61 Lafite Rothschild at Walgreens?) Just make a b-line for the liquor store before your trip.

Just wondering...why?

Just wondering...why?

Maybe on the off chance that they could rupture, get punctured by something in your suitcase, etc.....or perhaps if you bring a LOT;) it would make your suitcase weigh more.

I'm just guessin'....never used them before........but I may.....

I've been lurking on these boards since the days of AOL.

What about everyone putting a bottle of liquor (empty, full, or of water) in whatever size (half pint, pint, 5th, litre, 1.75,) in each piece of luggage they allow RCCL to bring on board.

The "naughty room" would be a little overwhelmed with 4,000 pieces of luggage.

A little offense might beat their defense. :cool:

This is the best idea I've heard in a while!

Since there is no way I can smuggle enough beer on board, can anyone tell me how much a beer cost??

Thanks Greg

Depends on what is "how much" lol. I drink pretty much nothing but beer, so on a 7 night cruise, I always pack at least 2 to 2 1/2 cases. Very easy to do. Even when we have to fly I take that much, just make sure the suitcases stay below the 50lb limit. So yes, you can smuggle enough if you want. We take that, plus booze for DH.

Just bought the flasks to use on our next cruise instead of taking the glass bottles like we normally do.

And yes - our bar bill is still always plent high!

Have fun.

Depends on what is "how much" lol. I drink pretty much nothing but beer, so on a 7 night cruise, I always pack at least 2 to 2 1/2 cases. Very easy to do. Even when we have to fly I take that much, just make sure the suitcases stay below the 50lb limit. So yes, you can smuggle enough if you want. We take that, plus booze for DH.

Just bought the flasks to use on our next cruise instead of taking the glass bottles like we normally do.

Have fun.

You're probably exaggerating (either that or sharing with others), but if you really have 2 1/2 cases of beer, plus some booze, plus a hefty bar-bill for a 7-night cruise . . . You just might have a drinking problem. :p

At the very least, you must give the plumbing a good work-out. That's more than three liters of beer per day.

cheers.gif

Have fun.

In the past I have flown in 2 cases of Molson Canadian which is not available down there. I don't like American beer but this past cruise I only took on a 12 pk of Miller GD. I was intimidated by the thought of having to go to the naughty room. Beer and rum both made it on fine! We still had a bar bill - not a big surprise for the two of us :)

Archived