Questions about bringing liquor on board (merged)

We've never cruised with RCCI. Our first is Explorer of the Seas out of Bayonne, NJ, 4/09. If you bring wine onboard do you have to drink it in your room? On DCL we just asked for wine or champagne glasses from room service and then poured our drink and went wherever we wanted to on the ship. Would this not be possible on RCCI?

We love nice wine and cruise lines typically either don't have them or charge outrageous prices. But I'm not excited about pouring nice wine into a plastic bag and hiding in our room to drink it out of the bathroom cups. (Just a little sarcasm)

My husband and I are about to book our first cruise on RCCL, we've sailed on other lines but not this one. So far I am loving all the info I am finding on these boards. I have a question I tried to search but the posts I found were too old. We are looking at a cruise to Hawaii in may on the Radiance of the Seas and I am wondering if you can order bottles of liquor from anywhere on the ship to drink in your cabin? I have read alot of posts about smuggling and I have smuggled before but my husband doesn't want to mess with it since we are flying this time. we usually drive to the port. I have seen the posts about the rum runner flasks and am thinking of buying them. Thanks for teh help.

Yeah but I guess now you can't even bring wine on board. Pretty hilarious idea though. Did you notice my avatar? I just wish RCI would get with the program and let you order a bottle from them when you get on the ship so you can have a before dinner cocktail in the room. I would not even mind paying a higher price.

RCI used to be the best at sea of "getting with the program" but then they totally went the other direction and now you can't even bring on a bottle of wine. Sad Really!

We brought three bottles of Champagne, a bottle of Dewars scotch, vodka, and a six pack of mini Heineken keg cans on board the Freedom of the Seas last week in our checked bags, no issues whatsoever.

Oh and P.S. Royal Caribbean is so lax on their alcohol checking when you come back on after being in port, we bought rum in St. Thomas and St. Maarten and they never asked us to check it with them at the alcohol check table.

That may be on the Freedom but it's not what I've witnessed on the Explorer so I would not say that RCCL is lax on their policy:) In December there was a huge line of people in the terminal in Bayonne trying to collect thier liquor that they took from them. They do NOT give it back to them on the ship when they deliver the liquor they purchased in ports or from ship store on the last night. In Oct, Nov and Dec. we all received letters on the EX. from the captain detailing the penalty if alcohol was smuggled onboard so enforcing it may vary from ship to ship but the policy is fleetwide.

and the bottles are for dining room consumption only. But if you don't finish it at dinner, they'll let you take it back to your cabin. You could order yourself a Bon Voyage gift from RCI's Gifts and Gear Department, choose either champagne or wine.

and the bottles are for dining room consumption only. But if you don't finish it at dinner, they'll let you take it back to your cabin. You could order yourself a Bon Voyage gift from RCI's Gifts and Gear Department, choose either champagne or wine.

I think you are thinking about the wine and dine package in that you are restricted to having your selection in the restaurants. Others have posted here of having wine delivered to their cabin on certain ships with this package but I haven't tried to do so.

You can order bottles of wine for delivery to your cabin from room service from the regular wine menu, just like you can do so for beer and mixed drinks. As indicted above you can purchase the wine before yor cruise from the Wine Cellar selection in the Shop Gift and Gear area of Deals & Gifts which indicates that the wine can be delivered to your cabin or to the dining room table without corkage fees added.

I would just say to use commom sense...we usually pack 3 pints (2 vodka/1 rum) in checked bags and have never had a problem....that said we never do more than that and spend more than enough on our bar tab for the week. The Pino Grigio I drink is not offered on rccl so I have thought about taking a few of the tiny bottles but I don't want to push it.

We bubble wrap and then ziplock even though the bottles are plastic.

I'm new to RCCL. A few questions please....

Can I bring Wine on board (as I already saw the alcohol smuggling thread)?

Can I get a "bar set up" before the cruise?

Can I buy alcohol in the gift shop (pay the duty) and drink it in my room?

I'm new to RCCL. A few questions please....

Can I bring Wine on board (as I already saw the alcohol smuggling thread)?

Can I get a "bar set up" before the cruise?

Can I buy alcohol in the gift shop (pay the duty) and drink it in my room?

No to all three. For drinking in the room you can order wine delivered to your room or you can order drinks via room service or you can buy a drink at a bar and bring it to your room.

No to all three. For drinking in the room you can order wine delivered to your room or you can order drinks via room service or you can buy a drink at a bar and bring it to your room.

You can order mixed drinks through room service? Will they bring you two per person at a time? Poor room service guy. Running back and forth to the bars.

Archived