Questions about bringing liquor on board (merged)

Stupid ? What is a rumrunner ?

Thanks.

It holds no more than enough for a few drinks .........there a joke!!!!!!!

If you like to drink just take a bottle ..........Always take two and have never been caught yet.... when they do I'll quit cruising and do the all inclusive like many others will............its there decision.

Ignore the high and mighty on these boards ……….just go over to the Carnival boards when you need support on this policy

Doesn't anyone ever do a "search" about this topic? Dead horse indeed!

Oops, I'm sorry, I probably have offended all the goody-two shoes.

Say, maybe I can ask "what do you use duct tape for?"?

Flame-retardant suit is on.

Don't take it personally. Almost every subject comes up multiple times many are debated over and over. It's the nature of threads ... everywhere. I'm just trying to understand why you read your way through about 30 posts if you weren't interested ????:confused:

Don't take it personally. Almost every subject comes up multiple times many are debated over and over. It's the nature of threads ... everywhere. I'm just trying to understand why you read your way through about 30 posts if you weren't interested ????:confused:

i agree! some people are just too damn testy for their own good. nothing wrong with asking questions and getting "up to date" answers rather than searching through last year's threads on a subject.

I have a question....

If we are all talking about smuggling liquor on board.. With the recent issues on Explorer about smoking... How are we going to conceal bringing cigarettes or better yet what can people do to conceal it in the room??

I do not smoke but bootleg liquor?? How do smokers do it??

The easiest thing to do is get a couple of the largest size bottles of Purell® hand sanitizer that you can find (Sam's Club or Costco are good places to look for the big bottles). Transfer the hand gel to another container, such as an empty shampoo bottle. Just be careful to label it, so you don't accidentally wash your hair with it later. Clean the Purell containers well. Then, take your favorite alcohol and mix it with some unflavored gelatin, following the directions on the box, except substituting the alcohol for water. You'll need to start with just enough boiling water to do a good job of dissolving the gelatin, before adding the alcohol. Once it is cooled and set, it will be a soft gel, very similar in consistency to real Purell. Put it into the Purell bottles and simply bring it onboard in your carry-on luggage. For extra effect, you might pull it out just before security and squirt a little bit into each person's hand, and rub it in. In fact, if you use pure grain alcohol or other high-proof liquor (such as 151 proof rum), it does also make an effective hand sanitizer. Once onboard, you just squirt a little bit into your favorite mixer and stir well, or simply enjoy the occasional Jello-shot. You can use flavored gelatin, if you wish, but don't use that as a hand sanitizer, unless you've used the artificially sweetened variety. Real sugar in there will lead to sticky hands. :(

What could be more simple?

In the past I have flown in 2 cases of Molson Canadian which is not available down there. I don't like American beer but this past cruise I only took on a 12 pk of Miller GD. I was intimidated by the thought of having to go to the naughty room. Beer and rum both made it on fine! We still had a bar bill - not a big surprise for the two of us :)

RCCL sells Foster's Lager on board. Read the can and you will find that it is brewed by Molson in the same brewery as Canadian in Toronto.

The easiest thing to do is get a couple of the largest size bottles of Purell® hand sanitizer that you can find (Sam's Club or Costco are good places to look for the big bottles). Transfer the hand gel to another container, such as an empty shampoo bottle. Just be careful to label it, so you don't accidentally wash your hair with it later. Clean the Purell containers well. Then, take your favorite alcohol and mix it with some unflavored gelatin, following the directions on the box, except substituting the alcohol for water. You'll need to start with just enough boiling water to do a good job of dissolving the gelatin, before adding the alcohol. Once it is cooled and set, it will be a soft gel, very similar in consistency to real Purell. Put it into the Purell bottles and simply bring it onboard in your carry-on luggage. For extra effect, you might pull it out just before security and squirt a little bit into each person's hand, and rub it in. In fact, if you use pure grain alcohol or other high-proof liquor (such as 151 proof rum), it does also make an effective hand sanitizer. Once onboard, you just squirt a little bit into your favorite mixer and stir well, or simply enjoy the occasional Jello-shot. You can use flavored gelatin, if you wish, but don't use that as a hand sanitizer, unless you've used the artificially sweetened variety. Real sugar in there will lead to sticky hands. :(

What could be more simple?

This is the best yarn yet I've seen here on how to get alcohol onboard.

I love your sarcasm as I know from your previous posts you are not pro- smuggling!

Don't you think the gelatin even without sugar in this concoction would leave your hands kind of messy although it might act as a good moisterizer/humectant and skin conditioner.

I think I will stick to my mini bottles that have always worked for me on my many cruises.

This is the best yarn yet I've seen here on how to get alcohol onboard.

I love your sarcasm as I know from your previous posts you are not pro- smuggling!

Yes, it was definitely tongue-in-cheek, although I think it would probably work. And I think the gelatin might actually be good for your skin. :D

wow- I never thought to pack in beer

I dont consider myself a "cheapskate" until I am charged $25 for a six pack of coors.

Regarding the dead horse comments: First of all, no personal offense taken. I actually think it is funny(especially the little smilies beating on the poor horse).

But notice the number of comments I have posted- hence I am new to the boards. If you are reading this, and as new as I am, have you ever really searched the boards for a topic? Sometimes the results are exhausting... perhaps I just need more practice-

Also, for all of you long time cruise critic board writers: kudos, thanks, etc! Your information is SO valuable. You are so fortunate to have dozens of cruise experiences under your belt. Consider your comments as a 'service' to those of us who are novice. Hence, we are your customers.

A great retail manager once complained about hearing the same question over and over again- until one day he realized- How was this new customer suppose to know the answer to a question that he had explained to someone in the past? The boards DO offer an opportunity to review old threads, but really, is it a crime to get a fresh perspective?

As often as the alcohol policy has apparently changed, it is valuable to ask the question again. In 2005, I could purchase a bottle of liquor on board Majesty, pay an extra $9 and take it to my room. I had planned my upcoming cruise with the same understanding until visiting these boards.

So what I ask for myself and the other newbies is for some patience. The topic of this thread was clear on the RCCL list. If it is tiring for you to read this, then dont open the thread. Or open it and explain what you understand. It might be considered 'customer service' to refrain from insulting those of us ignorant of current rules and policies.

Thanks again for all the information.

wow- I never thought to pack in beer

I dont consider myself a "cheapskate" until I am charged $25 for a six pack of coors.

Regarding the dead horse comments: First of all, no personal offense taken. I actually think it is funny(especially the little smilies beating on the poor horse).

But notice the number of comments I have posted- hence I am new to the boards. If you are reading this, and as new as I am, have you ever really searched the boards for a topic? Sometimes the results are exhausting... perhaps I just need more practice-

Also, for all of you long time cruise critic board writers: kudos, thanks, etc! Your information is SO valuable. You are so fortunate to have dozens of cruise experiences under your belt. Consider your comments as a 'service' to those of us who are novice. Hence, we are your customers.

A great retail manager once complained about hearing the same question over and over again- until one day he realized- How was this new customer suppose to know the answer to a question that he had explained to someone in the past? The boards DO offer an opportunity to review old threads, but really, is it a crime to get a fresh perspective?

As often as the alcohol policy has apparently changed, it is valuable to ask the question again. In 2005, I could purchase a bottle of liquor on board Majesty, pay an extra $9 and take it to my room. I had planned my upcoming cruise with the same understanding until visiting these boards.

So what I ask for myself and the other newbies is for some patience. The topic of this thread was clear on the RCCL list. If it is tiring for you to read this, then dont open the thread. Or open it and explain what you understand. It might be considered 'customer service' to refrain from insulting those of us ignorant of current rules and policies.

Thanks again for all the information.

And this is a great post. Nicely said.

If you MUST sneak on your own alcohol... like me... I found the best way is to buy a bunch of mini's and put them with your toiletries in your check in, so when they're scanning your bag, they think it's just shampoo or something. I also was given a bottle of Cruzan Coconut Rum while I was on board by one of the head bartenders... THANK YOU JESSLY! He asked me if my room was okay, I said it was great... he asked me if I wanted anything else in my room. He knew I loved rum, so he sent the bottle to my room! So I guess minis or getting to know the head bar staff is your best bet!

2 days left I have my rumrunner,s ready. as I have posted before to each is there own. I will have some drinks in my room with out my clothes on and I will buy some drinks on the ship. I will get my stuff in cozumel like I always do. I used water bottles before it worked. Liked the new way. As I have stated before they are not looking here in Galveston too many people to get on and off ship with 2 ships here that day. They are more worried about bombs instead. Get your drinks on the best way you can.

Someone just said what I was going to say. During Spring Break last year, baggage seemed to be inspected much more closely because of the issue of underage drinkers smuggling in alcohol. There was an alcoholic related death of a young man about two years ago that had much to do with the amount of alcohol consumed from bottles brought on board. If you are planning to cruise during that time, I would imagine that there will be more thorough searches this year as well.

I've seen it mentioned once. Does RCCL xray checked luggage? I know Norwegian does. But I thought they were the only ones.

Yes they do X-ray checked luggage for prohibited items and may note and follow up on any large liquor bottle type images they see. Like I and others have mentioned earlier go with mini bottles.

Yes, it was definitely tongue-in-cheek, although I think it would probably work. And I think the gelatin might actually be good for your skin. :D

For your hair and nails, yes; for your skin, no. (and actually the gelatin is only good for the hair and nails if ingested. :D)

For your hair and nails, yes; for your skin, no. (and actually the gelatin is only good for the hair and nails if ingested. :D)

I've got to support MakinGold on this one.

Gelatin is derived from collagen by combining it with water and collagen is the main component in many hand and skin creams as it acts as a moisturizer/humectant, lubricant and conditioner. It would be more difficult to get the jello (gelatin) to penetrate the skin so that is why the collagen in a mineral oil solution is used. Once insitu, it then can attract water to and lubricant/condition the skin.

DSC02374.jpg

Archived