Questions about bringing liquor on board (merged)

Just received confirmation for my upcoming Hawaiin cruise aboard Radiance of the Seas..... and the following was included within the confirmation email:

"ALCOHOL

We apologize for any inconvenience but due to recent regulatory and

licensing requirements guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic

beverages of any kind onboard for consumption or any other use.

Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty-free from the Shops On

Board or at ports of call will be stored by Royal Caribbean and

delivered to guest staterooms on the last day of the voyage. A

member of our staff will be at the gangway to assist with the

storage of any purchases.

For guests who wish to bring "fine" wine aboard, and Royal

Caribbean is unable to accommodate their selection, we will, with

prior approval from Royal Caribbean, allow a maximum of two bottles

of wine to be brought by the guest or group. A corkage fee in the

amount of $12.00 per bottle will be charged. This policy may not

apply to every ship or itinerary depending on local laws, customs,

or license requirements but Royal Caribbean will try and

accommodate requests. Royal Caribbean is not responsible for fines

imposed or items confiscated by local authorities.

While a ship is at sea, Royal Caribbean will not serve alcoholic

beverages to guests under 21 years of age. Note: An individual's

age on the date of sailing determines his or her status for the

entire cruise vacation."

If you doubt this, call Royal Caribbean to confirm.

(866) 562-7625........or.........(800) 256-6649

we always pack our liquor in our suitcases. While it has never been confiscated that is just the risk we are willing to take. We only take plastic bottles and we pack it very well. We also bring a case of water and red bull. We just tape a cabin tag onto it and it always arrives at our cabin along with our rolling ice chest.

Just received confirmation for my upcoming Hawaiin cruise aboard Radiance of the Seas..... and the following was included within the confirmation email:

"ALCOHOL

We apologize for any inconvenience but due to recent regulatory and

licensing requirements guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic

beverages of any kind onboard for consumption or any other use.

Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty-free from the Shops On

Board or at ports of call will be stored by Royal Caribbean and

delivered to guest staterooms on the last day of the voyage. A

member of our staff will be at the gangway to assist with the

storage of any purchases.

For guests who wish to bring "fine" wine aboard, and Royal

Caribbean is unable to accommodate their selection, we will, with

prior approval from Royal Caribbean, allow a maximum of two bottles

of wine to be brought by the guest or group. A corkage fee in the

amount of $12.00 per bottle will be charged. This policy may not

apply to every ship or itinerary depending on local laws, customs,

or license requirements but Royal Caribbean will try and

accommodate requests. Royal Caribbean is not responsible for fines

imposed or items confiscated by local authorities.

While a ship is at sea, Royal Caribbean will not serve alcoholic

beverages to guests under 21 years of age. Note: An individual's

age on the date of sailing determines his or her status for the

entire cruise vacation."

If you doubt this, call Royal Caribbean to confirm.

(866) 562-7625........or.........(800) 256-6649

I think that someone stuck an old, out-dated brochure/letter into your envelope.

It's probably poor proofreading, like the JS/CL brouhaha. :(

I think that someone stuck an old, out-dated brochure/letter into your envelope.

It's probably poor proofreading, like the JS/CL brouhaha. :(

That version was done away with a while ago.

That 2 bottles of wine has not been allowed for many moons now. ;)

This is what was in my documents and is also on line at RCCL.

Onboard Policies

s.gif

Q: Can I bring liquor (from home or from a port) onboard?s.gif

A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests under the age of 21 will not have alcohol returned to them.

Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquor.

they didn't lock the poor guy up did they...or did they give him back the mouth wash but kept the bag until the last day...common sense is going to tell you that if you bring it don't write about it on this web site...you'll never hear the end of it either...and if you did get away with smuggling it on...i'm sorry sneaking it on...you had better only drink in the large bathroom...becuase your cabin steward will probably call security on yoy...only kidding...don't write about it on this web site...then the whole world know about it...ENJOY...AND HAVE ONE ON US...

we always pack our liquor in our suitcases. While it has never been confiscated that is just the risk we are willing to take. We only take plastic bottles and we pack it very well. We also bring a case of water and red bull. We just tape a cabin tag onto it and it always arrives at our cabin along with our rolling ice chest.

They have changed their policy since 2005....

###

how strict is the policy? does all luggage go through xray??? or only what fits with the carry ons when you check in?

The strictness can vary from ship to ship and even sailing to sailing within the same ship. With so many people coming and going in a short period of time they are unable to thoroughly search all baggage, but they do enforce the policy to an extent. Generally when they bust someone for violating the alcohol policy they confiscate the booze and the person may be able to retrieve it at the end of the cruise (sometimes easily, sometimes not so easily - i.e. long, slow moving line). Although this is the usual penalty, do be aware that the alcohol policy does allow them to deny your boarding for violating the alcohol policy.

If you want to bring aboard wine, Holland America and Celebrity (and probably some other lines) do allow you to bring two bottles of wine on board. You can consume them without corkage in your stateroom or pay a corkage free to drink it in a bar/lounge or dining room.

We just got off SOS yesterday. We took the rum runner flasks in our checked luggage. Absolutely no problems. While boarding in Port Canaveral

I carried on a large bottle of water (it really was), but no one ever took a second look at it. Could have been anything!

Also in the Bahamas, we purchased 750ml bottle of Patron and carried it into our cabin. No questions.

We did buy a bottle of Bacardi in the liqour store on board and they kept that for us until we disembarked.

We just figured we would take our chances with the Rum runner flasks and they worked fine.

I got them off the internet. 3 or 16oz and 3 8oz, clear plastic bags you fill up with your liquor. They can not see them in the xray. Friend working on dock stated when he saw them no one is looking for this kind of container. I will slip them in my clothes also good for concerts because you can put the in your pocket also. Do not know how to send link.

Any experience with the 32 ounces ones? I heard it was over the flying limit?

If you mean for carryon luggage, the limit is 3 ounces.

For checked luggage, I have not heard of a volume limit. That's doesn't mean that such a limit doesn't exist - just that I haven't heard about it.

:)

Archived