Need a hotel near Ft. Lauderdale airport

Jeffski

We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale around midnight on Saturday and our cruise leaves Sunday. Our plan is to sleep at a hotel near the airport, preferrably one with a free shuttle, and then go back to the airport Sunday morning to catch the Carnival transfer to the cruise ship in Miami. Has anyone done this that could share which hotel(s) would be close?

We are planning on staying at LaQuinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport. They offer free pick up at airport and free drop off at cruise ship terminal. In this way you wouldn't need to head back to the airport to get cruise ship's shuttle.

We stayed at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port on S. Federal Hway the last time we did this. I don't believe they offered pick up at the airport. They DID offer drop-off at the cruise port at no charge.

One other word of advice---check whether they have pickup at the airport as late as your flight is arriving--some might only have it during the day, or charge for late night service.

Enjoy your cruise!!!:)

Check out Amerisute and Ramada. We have stayed at both. Both included airport pick up and then shuttle the next day to the pier. I think we paid $110 for Amerisuite and around the same for the Ramada. Many hotels offer airport pick up and shuttle to the pier on sailing day and you should be able to find several for a little over $100 a night. Check out expedia and hotwire.

cruise 429, I believe the OP is sailing out of Miami, I doubt that La Quinta offers a free shuttle to the miami terminal. Just my guess. but that is why they need to go back to the airport sunday.

Since you are fling into FLL so late and will just need a bed, you can probably get a really reasonable hotel via hotwire or priceline near the airport, although you won't know which one until you win. most of the ones by the airport have the free shuttles. good luck.

Seeing as you are flying into FLL but sailing out of Miami, you are right the easiest is to take a hotel shuttle back to the airport and catch the Carnival transfer. Be certain Carnival knows your plan as you will not show as a pax flying in on the date your cruise sails. They will not find you on a flight manifest.

A taxi from FLL to Miami can take about 45 minutes depending upon traffic etc and cost in the range of $80 +. Good luck.

That is correct. We have pre-paid for the Carnival transfer and was told they have routine pickups between 10-2 at FLL. We just need a place to sleep. Next time I won't pay for the transfer because I think finding transportation to Miami would be easier and cheaper on our own, however never having been there before I'd be nervous about finding it and parking, etc. This is our first cruise so we will learn some lessons along the way (the first important lesson is don't plan the cruise a month before departure... but it's better than not going at all!).

We are so pumped. Only 12 days left.

Archived