Advice on booking Christmas 10 day Emerald

2forseas

DH and I are considering the Emerald for the Christmas holiday this year. We want to take our 13 yo granddaughter. Any thoughts on the best time to book - there are no good discounts yet, but I'm certain this 10-day will sell out.

We will need a mini (or balcony at the least). We though we could do better being platinum, but so far nothing to jump at.

DH and I are considering the Emerald for the Christmas holiday this year. We want to take our 13 yo granddaughter. Any thoughts on the best time to book - there are no good discounts yet, but I'm certain this 10-day will sell out.

We will need a mini (or balcony at the least). We though we could do better being platinum, but so far nothing to jump at.

Book as soon as you can!! Ask your TA or Princess if the fare is reduced can you get that price if & when it happens. You will have to watch the price on Princess.com like a hawk, tho:)

Jan

And it has been selling out each cruise since we sailed in October too. :)

Isn't that an amazing thing? I remember our first Princess cruises, B2B on the Sun in December 2003...we booked last minute at a ridiculously low rate as the ship still had a lot of availability. On the Sun in January 2007, our B2B cruise price dropped $900 total even before final payment (and then went no lower). When they moved the Emerald to that itinerary I told my husband they would never fill that ship, with 1100 more people. Obviously, I was wrong. We are booked B2B next January and I told him that I would watch for price drops, but am not hopeful.

And we wonder why Princess continues to build the big ships...obviously a lot of people like them.

We though we could do better being platinum, but so far nothing to jump at.
Your captain's circle status will not give you any better prices once you have sailed one time past passenger rates are offered and they are the same no matter if gold- platinum or elite.

Christmas sailings are always much more expensive and remain that way. These sailings fill up rapidly so don't wait if that is when you want to cruise.

I would book now. Last year, we had to change from our June cruise to a Christmas cruise. This happened around May. It took me 2 weeks to find one available mini. The price never dropped. I guess it's just prime time

Book now if you are actually doing a Christmas or New Year's Cruise. Those prices will not go down! The ship will be full of families and more people per cabin, thus more crowded overall. We booked our Christmas 2006 cruise in Jan 2006 took an OV and waitlisted for a balcony which never arrived. We thought 11 months in advance would give us time to get a balcony cabin!

However, if you are doing an early Dec or mid Jan cruise there is a better chance of prices dropping as those are "off" times.

Archived