Priceline Bid Accepted for Ft Lauderdale

RAIDERMOM

Good for you on winning your bid at that hotel. I stayed there last year, compliments of Priceline and I have won my bid again for March here, I am thrilled. This hotel is great. They do not have a shuttle from the airport to the hotel, its relatively close to the airport so a cab should cost you about $15 or so. I didn't take a cab last year as I had a friend of the family pick us up. They do, however, have a shuttle to the pier the next morning. Sign up for it as soon as you check in, I hear it fills up quickly. If it is filled up for the time you want to get to the pier, again, this hotel is close to the pier, don't hesitate to take a cab, shouldn't run you more than $10ish.

The water taxi has a stop at this hotel. You pay $5 per person and can ride this water taxi the entire day. If you go to Olas Blvd. there are alot of nice eating places there.

I am trying for a room with priceline for March 11th as well in Ft. Lauderdale, but so far have had no luck. Can I ask you what date your bid was accepted for at this hotel?

Lucky you. That is our preference, and we are in Ft. Lauderdale a number of times. I am afraid to use Priceline for fear I won't get the Marriott Marina. I pay at least twice what you are paying just to be assured I am at the Marriott. It is wonderful. Count your blessings. You will be "sold."

Hi, I stayed at The Marriott on Sept 10th...very nice property:) ...they do offer a shuttle.....but...all the early times were all filled up......so, I took a cab for 10 bucks.

There was a VERY LARGE group of Veterens sailing on the Caribbean Princess the same day as I was going on the Zuiderdam. Seems everyone in their group reserved every shuttle from 10:00-12:30....

I didn't want to wait that late so I took a taxi instead.

I just booked the Marriott Marina for $75 a nite on Priceline

After everything was done and I got the rooms at $80, I thought, shoot, I should have tried $75 (LOL). With the prices were are paying for the cruise, airfare, cab, etc. I guess $5 won't break the bank. :D

Lois- we get in around 3:30 and as there is no shuttle to Mariott Marina, we should arrive there around 4:30ish by cab. Were the shuttles all booked by that time for the next day (Sunday) We are going on the Star. The last place we stayed, they only had one shuttle for all the different ships, altho they are mostly right around each other.

I can't wait to try the hotel. We love going down the day before and just relaxing, finding the wine store (any hints on where one is near the hotel) (walking distance?) having a nice dinner. I know we won't get a tower room because we used princeline, but I am going to give it a try after the first of the year. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Would love to watch the ships coming and going from our room. Maybe there is another spot in the hotel that you can go to and see the activity. :) Also, is the Outback near this hotel. Thanks all.

Northender, the Outback is about 5 blocks away from the Marriott. Unless you just love beef, give one of the local restaurants a try as Outback is always packed with pre-cruisers. Right across the waterway from the Marriott is the 15th Street Fisheries. This is very relaxed along the Intercoastal but the food is very eclectic and excellent. Its hard to describe how they can cook fish dishes in such exotic and tasty ways. It is casual and definetly a short walk. If you do find time, take a ride on the Water TAxi for $5 each on & off permitted all evening until 11 p.m. I believe.

Bon Voyage

The 15th Street Fishery practically just around the block from the Renaissance on 17 Street. However, it's an awkward walk because of the intracoastal waterway. Your best bet would be to get an all-day water taxi pass ($5/pp) and walk over to the Marriott Marina and get on the water taxi there. The 15th Street Fishery is then the first stop. Don't waste your money, though, if you'll only use it to get to the restaurant. It's good for all day, so if you have the time, take it down to Las Olas Riverfront.

BTW, to those interested in the Fishery, they have a wonderful Sunset Dinner (i.e., Early Bird) for $16.95 pp. It includes appetizer to dessert. You must be seated by 6 p.m.

I highly recommend this restaurant.

Northender, the Outback is about 5 blocks away from the Marriott. Unless you just love beef, give one of the local restaurants a try as Outback is always packed with pre-cruisers. Right across the waterway from the Marriott is the 15th Street Fisheries. This is very relaxed along the Intercoastal but the food is very eclectic and excellent. Its hard to describe how they can cook fish dishes in such exotic and tasty ways. It is casual and definetly a short walk. If you do find time, take a ride on the Water TAxi for $5 each on & off permitted all evening until 11 p.m. I believe.

Bon Voyage

Well, we do love fish, not sure about the other couple we are travelling with, but will make this wonderful suggestion. DH loves any kind of fish and I love salmon. Thanks for the tip. I love the Outback tho or any other suggestion of a steak place?

No flaming please - what are the rules in Florida regarding smoking. Can you smoke at the bar of a restaurant or are you outside like we are in Boston?

Northender, there is a Publix grocery store just a couple of blocks away from the Marriott Marina Hotel, and they have a large selection of wines. It's only about a 5 minute walk from the hotel.

Thanks - we can pick up our wines in the morning then (Sunday) Are there any laws in FL regarding selling alcohol on Sunday?

I would like to bid for the Mariott for the 15th of Jan. Would you mind e-mailing me and tell me how you bid on it. Never used priceline, but would like to try. Could you be specific as to how you bid on it. I will be looking at biddingfor travel, but would like to hear how you did it. If you don't mind! Thanks, Knarf (Frank backwards) fportfilio@penncrest.iu5.org

Hi:) I am not a smoker but the rules for all restaurants...no smoking inside unless it is just a "Free Standing Bar"...which would mean no food is served.

Most places in South Florida...(along the waterway area) have patios and/or outdoor seating.......I believe you may smoke outside at all if not most of them.

If the restaurant has a bar inside, no, you cannot smoke at that bar....so it must be the same as in Boston? You would need to go outside.

Knarf, bid 3 * downtown Ft. Lauderdale, your chances are very good that you will get the Marriott, but then again, you never know. Be aware that if your bid is accepted through priceline, you are basically stuck with it. I bid 3* downtown Ft. Lauderdale and received the Marriott for March 19th for $75, I am happy, its a great spot. Good luck, let us know how you make out.

Archived