All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but is there a hotel that you can see the Liberty from in Miami? :D

You can see the Liberty (and other ships ) from certain rooms at the Holiday Inn Bayside. We always ask, and get, a room facing the port. I couldn't wait to look out my window in the morning!!!! It was before sunrise when I woke up and took a peak, she was all lit up at the time!!!!(then I went back to sleep for a bit)

Hi Keggy,

haven't been on the site for a while - busy with work etc. We've signed up for the Meet and Mingle and I think the Roll Call. I tried to sign up for the Roll Call again but couldn't find the sign up site. See you in 9 days!!!!

hey guys

I'm planning a vacation on the Liberty of the Seas for the Western Caribbean 7 night cruise and was wondering about an excursion in Labadee.

I was wondering that since Labadee Haiti is a privte place owned by RCI, do we have to join the parasailing excursion to parasail or can we simply get off the ship and find someone to take us to parasail for a cheaper price?

we want to know in advance because we heard that there is a huge lineup the first day at the excursion desk. is that true too?

Thanks

hey guys

I'm planning a vacation on the Liberty of the Seas for the Western Caribbean 7 night cruise and was wondering about an excursion in Labadee.

I was wondering that since Labadee Haiti is a privte place owned by RCI, do we have to join the parasailing excursion to parasail or can we simply get off the ship and find someone to take us to parasail for a cheaper price?

we want to know in advance because we heard that there is a huge lineup the first day at the excursion desk. is that true too?

Thanks

The only parasailing offered is that through RCI. You can sign up for it in advance on the RCI website though and avoid the crowd at the Shore-Ex desk.

We did the parasailing in April and loved it.:)

The only parasailing offered is that through RCI. You can sign up for it in advance on the RCI website though and avoid the crowd at the Shore-Ex desk.

We did the parasailing in April and loved it.:)

thanks for the quick reply i guess we will take the parasailing excursion too if we sign up for the cruise =D

did you make reservations at either portifinos or chops? which days do you think would be the best day to skip the main dining dinner and go to either one of these? so far I've heard great things on both but im leanin towards italian food yummm

Hi there Keggy, amickeyfriend and tuflife!

When you guys wake up this morning it will only be 8 days, um excuse me, 8 Bottles of Beer on the Wall, left.

Hey fellow 8/30 Liberty cruise mates.....there are only 4 more bottles of beer on the wall !! :D

Liz

Oh, I'm so glad I found this site. I'm going on the Liberty in a few weeks! Oct. 25th! :D

Which itinerary are you taking? We are on her in April 2009, sailing the Western Caribbean. Look forward to hearing about your cruise when you get back. :D

You can see the Liberty (and other ships ) from certain rooms at the Holiday Inn Bayside. We always ask, and get, a room facing the port. I couldn't wait to look out my window in the morning!!!! It was before sunrise when I woke up and took a peak, she was all lit up at the time!!!!(then I went back to sleep for a bit)

We are booked at the same hotel for our pre-cruise night before sailing on LOS in April. I booked port-facing, top floor. Can't wait!

One question....heard that noise is a problem on that side of the hotel because of the street and Bayside. Did you have any problems with that?

Which itinerary are you taking? We are on her in April 2009, sailing the Western Caribbean. Look forward to hearing about your cruise when you get back. :D

We are doing St. Maarten, Labadee, and Puerto Rico. :) I will be sure to report back! LOVED Liberty when I was on her the first time so I am hoping #2 will be just as joyful! :D

We are booked at the same hotel for our pre-cruise night before sailing on LOS in April. I booked port-facing, top floor. Can't wait!

One question....heard that noise is a problem on that side of the hotel because of the street and Bayside. Did you have any problems with that?

We experienced a bit of noise issue facing the port. There was a street cop down below our window on the main street. He used his whistle to help pedestrians cross until around midnight. It was a bit annoying but tolerable.

We are doing St. Maarten, Labadee, and Puerto Rico. :) I will be sure to report back! LOVED Liberty when I was on her the first time so I am hoping #2 will be just as joyful! :D

Christie...nice bumping into you on this thread as well as EOS. :D Look forward to hearing about your upcoming cruise on LOS. Haven't been on a Freedom class ship yet...can't wait!

We experienced a bit of noise issue facing the port. There was a street cop down below our window on the main street. He used his whistle to help pedestrians cross until around midnight. It was a bit annoying but tolerable.

Thanks for the response. We last sailed out of Miami on July 5, 2003. We were staying in the HoJo (which has since been demolished) about four blocks from Bayside. The noise from the 4th of July was crazy but we managed to sleep through it. So, a policeman with a whistle may not be too bad. :D

Christie...nice bumping into you on this thread as well as EOS. :D Look forward to hearing about your upcoming cruise on LOS. Haven't been on a Freedom class ship yet...can't wait!

Hey Melissa! Yes I guess I am an "All Things..." type of girl. :p lol! You will love Liberty...she is my favorite ship so far! Beautiful, and sooo many things to do. I can't wait to go! :)

Ok - I just read all 39 pages ---

1 quick question -- does anyone that has cruised in the past month or 2 have the menus (or even just the dinner names) for a western sailing? The order I've determined so far (but it was from an eastern in June 08) is

Sat. (don't remember)

Sun. Captain's Gala

Mon. Veneitian

Tues. Anchored in Excellence

Wed. Chef's dinner

Thurs. Surf

Fri. Feast of nations

TIA!

Is there weather really bad down there?

I was reading another post syaing that if the weather is bad, that LOS may not dock in Miami or stay another day at sea - that would mean I would have to either pay another day for hotel or find transportation to another dock and then change my flight back home for the next day (dam should have booked with RCI for hotel and flight).

In any case, how can I find out if there are any changes to the departure???

one more day and counting!!!!

I was reading another post syaing that if the weather is bad, that LOS may not dock in Miami or stay another day at sea - that would mean I would have to either pay another day for hotel or find transportation to another dock and then change my flight back home for the next day (dam should have booked with RCI for hotel and flight).

No change for LOS has been posted on the RC website

We are on the same sailing that Christine mentioned. I am going before her! She's the one who inspired me to go!

I'll definately give my review when I get back. :D

Xcell no worries, nothing short of a direct hit from a tropical storm will stop the ships from coming into port and there's nothing currently threatening LOS from coming in tomorrow or leaving.

Now next Saturday coming back may be another story depending whatever Hanna does....

-JOE

We are on the same sailing that Christine mentioned. I am going before her! She's the one who inspired me to go!

I'll definately give my review when I get back. :D

Can't wait to hear it! :) Is Christine "takeavacation"? I get people's screen names and real names mixed up all the time, lol.

Ok - I just read all 39 pages ---

1 quick question -- does anyone that has cruised in the past month or 2 have the menus (or even just the dinner names) for a western sailing? The order I've determined so far (but it was from an eastern in June 08) is

Sat. (don't remember)

Sun. Captain's Gala

Mon. Veneitian

Wed. Chef's dinner

Thurs. Surf

Fri. Feast of nations

TIA!

TIA - We just got back yesterday from western I don't have the menus but do have the compasses. Dinners were as follows:

Sat. Sail Away Dinner

Sun. Captain's Gala

Mon. Surf Dinner

Wed. Chef's dinner

Thurs. Venetian Feast

Fri. Feast of Nations