All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

Can anyone tell me whether there is a bar in the Windjammer/Jade area? Thanks.

Yes there is a bar at the very front in between Jade (on the port side) and the forward portion of the starboard side of the Windjammer (up near Chops and Portofinos).

We sail Western route on 20th June for our 25th anniversary and can't wait! Have booked a hump balcony cabin on deck 8, port side. Does anyone know which side would be docked in any of the ports? This is our 1st RCL cruise so can't wait now..........

We sail Western route on 20th June for our 25th anniversary and can't wait! Have booked a hump balcony cabin on deck 8, port side. Does anyone know which side would be docked in any of the ports? This is our 1st RCL cruise so can't wait now..........

Hey you go just 1 week before us! We sail LOS 27JUN10! So looking forward to our very first cruise ever! YEAH!:D

Just off the Liberty last week. Great ship, food, staff, entertainment.

TIP: If you are a walker - the jogging track on Deck 12 is 4.5 times around for 1 mile. It was typically very windy in the mornings when I walked. On our last sea day, we discovered that you can walk all the way around Deck 4. There is a flight of stairs forward that take you up to the Heli Pad. If you don't want to do stairs you could just walk around the other way. I don't know how many laps to make a mile but probably only 2, less windy too (mostly covered) and not crowded.

TIP: The towel thing was annoying. You can check out 2 towels per card, but the last day I couldn't remember whose card I used (traveling with DH and twin sons). One day I was able to exchange them, another time I had to turn them in and then check out others. It would be nice if there was a digital readout to actually see if you were being credited with the returns - you never quite knew what they were marking on the register. On port days, when you returned the towels they never had new ones to give out. We ended up using the same towels over and over because it was kind of a hassle.

TIP: Olive or Twist Bar was a great place to sit during sail aways. Never crowded. Great view. They will bring you a glass of mixed nuts if you ask.

TIP: We ate at Sorrento's on embarkation day. No wait. Very good. After we went and filled out the forms for our boys to do the flowrider. They went on the flowrider right after. There were only four people there for about an hour. It was like a private lesson. We also went into Cozumel later in the morning and they had the flowrider practically to themselves for surfing. Don't sit on the front row to watch with your camera. It is a splash zone. Our camera got drenched along with my DH.

TIP: We had late traditional dining. We would read the menu earlier in the day that was posted outside the dining room. If there were a couple of items that sounded interesting (ie chilled soups), we would go to the Jammer at around 6:30 for a sample. They serve a lot of the same foods for the evening meal. Quite often we would find other interesting things to try - one night they had a good cook to order mongolian grill. We asked them to spice it up for us and they did. The make it yourself super nachos were good too. Even though we never took the elevators we gained about 5 lbs. each. The food was really good.

TIP: We enjoyed eating breakfast in the dining room. It was the same menu every morning but they also had a special. The omelets and french toast were very good. They also had a very nice buffet. It was never very crowded. Our twins preferred to eat there. We had the salad bar for lunch and it was very good.

TIP: The big chocolate chip and mudslide cookies in the Promenade cafe are addicting.

Just off the Liberty last week. Great ship, food, staff, entertainment.

TIP: If you are a walker - the jogging track on Deck 12 is 4.5 times around for 1 mile. It was typically very windy in the mornings when I walked. On our last sea day, we discovered that you can walk all the way around Deck 4. There is a flight of stairs forward that take you up to the Heli Pad. If you don't want to do stairs you could just walk around the other way. I don't know how many laps to make a mile but probably only 2, less windy too (mostly covered) and not crowded.

TIP: The towel thing was annoying. You can check out 2 towels per card, but the last day I couldn't remember whose card I used (traveling with DH and twin sons). One day I was able to exchange them, another time I had to turn them in and then check out others. It would be nice if there was a digital readout to actually see if you were being credited with the returns - you never quite knew what they were marking on the register. On port days, when you returned the towels they never had new ones to give out. We ended up using the same towels over and over because it was kind of a hassle.

TIP: Olive or Twist Bar was a great place to sit during sail aways. Never crowded. Great view. They will bring you a glass of mixed nuts if you ask.

TIP: We ate at Sorrento's on embarkation day. No wait. Very good. After we went and filled out the forms for our boys to do the flowrider. They went on the flowrider right after. There were only four people there for about an hour. It was like a private lesson. We also went into Cozumel later in the morning and they had the flowrider practically to themselves for surfing. Don't sit on the front row to watch with your camera. It is a splash zone. Our camera got drenched along with my DH.

TIP: We had late traditional dining. We would read the menu earlier in the day that was posted outside the dining room. If there were a couple of items that sounded interesting (ie chilled soups), we would go to the Jammer at around 6:30 for a sample. They serve a lot of the same foods for the evening meal. Quite often we would find other interesting things to try - one night they had a good cook to order mongolian grill. We asked them to spice it up for us and they did. The make it yourself super nachos were good too. Even though we never took the elevators we gained about 5 lbs. each. The food was really good.

TIP: We enjoyed eating breakfast in the dining room. It was the same menu every morning but they also had a special. The omelets and french toast were very good. They also had a very nice buffet. It was never very crowded. Our twins preferred to eat there. We had the salad bar for lunch and it was very good.

TIP: The big chocolate chip and mudslide cookies in the Promenade cafe are addicting.

Thanks for all of the great tips. We sail on May 23rd. We can't wait.

Yeah..great review and informative tips. Did the flowrider ever get crowded that first day? How long does it take to have breakfast/lunch in the MDR? Is the Windjammer open to just sample things and not be served after 6 p.m.? Thanks.

I too would like to know how the E1 balcony cabins are on deck 6 - we have one of those booked for May 2010. I am disappointed about the robes - are you sure we don't get them in the balcony cabins?

An old question, but I haven't seen the robe part yet answered. No, you do not get them in balcony cabins unless you are a member of the Crown & Anchor Society (i.e., have sailed previously with RCI and joined their program).

The flowrider was open from 1:00 - 3:30 and 5:00 - 7:30 on the first day for Boogie Boarding. There was a demo at 5:30. I know it wasn't crowded at the beginning. I remember going to the demo and can't remember if my boys went that evening also. Girls should wear a one piece or a shirt over their swimsuits. My son lost the back of his suit a few times - I kept telling him to tighten the drawstring. There is a camera on the front of the ship and the back of the ship at the Flowrider. My boys would watch the TV station 42 to see how long the line was before heading up. They got pretty picky and didn't like to stand in line for very long (more than 10 people). It never seemed too crowded to me. They did have specific times for boogie boarding, surfing, adv. surfing, teen boarding and adult only boarding. The different times were posted in the daily compasses. There was an older gentleman (guessing 70's) who was great at surfing. He was there most mornings in the adv. surfing.

The Windjammer was open for lunch 11:30 - 3:00 most days. We never went there for lunch. We would go to the Windjammer at 6:30 when it would open for dinner - sometimes just to sample the food after port day and before our 8:30 dinner time. For example, my husband got a small piece of prime rib because he knew he wasn't going to order that for dinner. The Jade restaurant had some good Thai/oriental food. My husband thought the sushi was good. If you don't want the food from Jade bypass the line and go into the Windjammer to the different food stations. In the evening, the tables are set with linens.

Breakfast and lunch in the MDR took about 30 minutes. It was always good and not very busy. Breakfast was served there every day. Lunch was only on sea days.

If you're reading the above Windjammer times and thinking where am I going to eat between 3:00 and 6:30 your options are:

Sorrento's Pizza - Salads, Pizza, Pannini's and Desserts 11:30 am-2:00 am

Cafe Promenade - Sandwiches, cookies and desserts 24 hours (pastries in the morning). This is also the coffee bar.

Sprinkles Ice Cream - self serve soft yogurt on the pool deck

For a fee: Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream and Johnny Rockets ($4.95)

We did have Crown & Anchor coupon books in our room but they expired 3/31.

TIP: Sign up for the Meet and Mingle. We had 100 people sign up, probably about 50 came. We won two very nice bags of stuff.

The shower is like a tube. James Andrews the cruise director compared them to the tubes at the drive thru at the bank. They are not large. They are round with doors that open in the middle. You get a bar of soap and the standard shampoo and conditioner. Brought our own shampoo so can't comment on it. There is one medicine chest with about three shelves. After several days, my husband noticed that the end mirrors by the desk open for very small storage.

Our bed was very comfortable. It had the egg crate foam mattress on it when we got to the room (didn't request it). My sons twin beds had a regular mattress. We had connecting Promenade rooms on the 7th floor. When the connecting door was left open, the TV remotes would change the channels on both TVs. The rooms had two couches and a coffee table. We took clothespins to keep the curtains closed. We didn't need them. Our room steward, Selwyn (who was very good) just placed the decorative bed pillows against the window to keep the curtains closed.

Sorry - more info than asked for, but writing as it comes to me.

If you're reading the above Windjammer times and thinking where am I going to eat between 3:00 and 6:30 your options are:

Sorrento's Pizza - Salads, Pizza, Pannini's and Desserts 11:30 am-2:00 am

Cafe Promenade - Sandwiches, cookies and desserts 24 hours (pastries in the morning). This is also the coffee bar.

Sprinkles Ice Cream - self serve soft yogurt on the pool deck

For a fee: Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream and Johnny Rockets ($4.95)

We did have Crown & Anchor coupon books in our room but they expired 3/31.

TIP: Sign up for the Meet and Mingle. We had 100 people sign up, probably about 50 came. We won two very nice bags of stuff.

Sprinkles hours were 11:00-6:30pm. You can get ice cream in the Windjammer during dinner time. Also, the Windjammer is open for "afternoon tea" from 3:30-5pm (some days from 3-5). "afternoon tea" was just snacks, a smaller version of the buffet. Hot dogs, nachos, etc.

We like to use traveler checks when we travel. We don't have to worry if we lose them or get charged extra credit card and ATM fees. We took half our spending money in cash and the other half in traveler checks. We also carry cc, and ATM cards. Easy to cash traveler checks at Guest Relations. They always had small bills too - 5's and 10's whatever you needed.

I have just booked on LOS for my 25th anniversary next year and can't wait. Any info on the Dunnes river falls in Jamaica would be appreciated. Don't know whether a ship trip or private taxi is best - also how much would a trip cost?

I was there in 2004, times may have changed since then but when I was there with Carnival the tour guide specifically told me to avoid the designated sales area here as we would be going into Montego Bay for better shopping. After dealing with the falls which is super cool I headed back to the bus. When I tried to "stay to the left" and not take the path on the right with all the tents set up a person tried to tell me I had to take this path to exit. He was huge and angry looking. I told him no thank you. He insisted and I told him I was told to avoid the area. He asked by whom. I said by the tour guide who brought me here. He informed me that my tour guide was a ****** and I then suggested that he F--- O--. We squared up and nearly threw down! I was doing as I was told. He wanted a sales opportunity. We were at odds. He walked away when Dunnes River employees approached near by. NEVER have I had such aggression anywhere in the Caribbean. Be fore-warned! In other news the deals in Montego Bay that had been set up for the ship was for real!!! CHEAP/ Inexpensive Jamaican made products and name brand products. Awesome!

You're lucky. I have to wait for 7 more weeks. Have a great cruise .

Wow! I have 7 months to go!! Sailing Liberty on Nov.7th out of Miami. Can't wait and am totally addicted to these boards. The information is fantastic.:D

Lisa in Ottawa, Canada